(1) Five New 'Plasma Storm' Cards, Including 3 Pokemon-EX [1/9]

It's funny how they've confirmed and released scans of all these Pokemon that use Plasma Energy, but they haven't released a scan of Plasma Energy, or Colress Machine, just confirming that the energy's in the set. Articuno and Hypnotic Laser are cool and all, but not much else to discuss since they were already confirmed without scans.

Hypnotoxic Laser will see some play. I don't know how much play though since I don't think its that incredible of a card

exdarkrai01 said:
Hypnotoxic Laser will see some play. I don't know how much play though since I don't think its that incredible of a card
It will see ALOT of play with Virbank Gym in play.you have a chance at putting your opponent to sleep and poisoning them,doing 30 damage in between every turn.It changes the format alot:p Also i love how this news just comes in between the mass of 6th gen:p

Dude, Articuno is amazing Paralysis every turn if it has a Plasma energy, I am really looking forward to that. You'd think that with an attack that that you would have to discard the energy after you attack or something.
Moltres and Zapdos Meh, they seem very mediocre. I love Crobat, I wish the HP was 140 though.

Crobat! I will love to play a Crobat deck next format. How TPCi haven't reveal the cards that they left out of BC. Articuno gives paralysis every turn. Enhanced Hammer will be a must with Articuno and Lugia running rampage. Ultra-Toxic Fangs what a name (Deadly Poison Fangs was better, though). I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to play Zapeels.

Does anyone know what japanese sets make up this set besides Plasma Gale and some of the Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare? Because there is 3 pokemon between Heatmor and Articuno EX. Would we get the Chandalure line this set, or are there Japanese Promos that I'm missing?

DeepSleepDarkrai said:
Does anyone know what japanese sets make up this set besides Plasma Gale and some of the Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare? Because there is 3 pokemon between Heatmor and Articuno EX. Would we get the Chandalure line this set, or are there Japanese Promos that I'm missing?

The Plasma Power Half Deck (the Plasma Klinklang), there are also 4 promos and there was an expansion set with Giratina (non-EX) and Darkrai (non-EX) FA and Ghetsit.

Crobat isn't that bad. It has a reliable, built in engine, as well as acceleration, and it is shooting for 100+60 each turn with Virbank. And free retreat, with DCE abuse, is nice.

RogueChomp said:
Crobat isn't that bad. It has a reliable, built in engine, as well as acceleration, and it is shooting for 100+60 each turn with Virbank. And free retreat, with DCE abuse, is nice.

No one said it was bad. I really plan on using it. I think that it may work with Empoleon thanks to the double draw engine.

Flygon2071 said:
RogueChomp said:

No one said it was bad. I really plan on using it. I think that it may work with Empoleon thanks to the double draw engine.

I know, I was just stating that it wasn't that bad. Sheesh.

Setting up 2 stage 2s isn't fun. Maybe with Lugia, because you can set up Kos with Crobat, then sweep with Lugia.

RogueChomp said:
Flygon2071 said:

I know, I was just stating that it wasn't that bad. Sheesh.

Setting up 2 stage 2s isn't fun. Maybe with Lugia, because you can set up Kos with Crobat, then sweep with Lugia.

I had Lugia's idea too.

Both pokemon can draw with their abilities so once you set up one, you won't have that much problem with the next and then it will become less difficult. Just beware of decking out.

So now we know all the really obvious stuff in the set. No real surprises there. Now to really get down to the crux of the set being revealed.

Namely, Ether, Escape Rope, and Virbank Gym.

Please and thank you.

People don't want Bicycle as much as those other 3. That's why I didn't mention it. Although, yes, I do agree that Bicycle needs to be in this set.

Charizard3712 said:
I'm really loving the blue borders for the plasma pokemon

anything beside the that yucky yellow border i dont mind.. i personally hates the pokemon yellow border i wished they change it to like how it was in HG/SS border it was good not like this its so yellow-ish and i prefer the silver border one that's released on championship decks:D

also i love the new articuno EX card it have nice artwork and a broken attack i think articuno is the only Pokemon who have a sure paralyze effect instead of the flipping coin so hoooray <3

iceDA said:
also i love the new articuno EX card it have nice artwork and a broken attack i think articuno is the only Pokemon who have a sure paralyze effect instead of the flipping coin so hoooray <3

Well Walrein from Dragons Exalted can Paralyze without fliping a coin but it can't use the attack the next turn.

And don't forget about Flygon BCR and Magnezone LV.X, who can paralyze without a flip but require discarding 2 Energy to do so.

Back