(1) Dusknoir and Computer Search from 'Boundaries Crossed!' [10/17]

Dusknoir/Flygon might be fun to try, maybe as a no enegy deck? It might be possible to set up with extra room for more trainers.
Computer Search will be played in every deck, just because it is what it is.

Does anyone know if you'll be able to play Base Set Computer Search without translations? That'd be nice.

Cool that Computer Search art is almost the same as Base set one from the 90's :)

Vulpix Yolk said:
Does anyone know if you'll be able to play Base Set Computer Search without translations? That'd be nice.

I was told you could play the old Computer Search if you had a new one for reference.

...all at once now...

COMPUTER SEARCH IS BACK!!!

Too bad we can only have one in a deck...

Shakespeare said:
...all at once now...

COMPUTER SEARCH IS BACK!!!

And nerfed for unlimited play! Now you can only have 1 per deck!

Boo! PCL sucks! Why not just rename the card and make it easier on everyone?

...also from what I understand, the reason you need a reference is because it's an ACE SPEC now instead of just an ordinary item.

Keeper Of Night said:
I was told you could play the old Computer Search if you had a new one for reference.

Thus defeating the whole purpose. Drat it all.

I really like these two cards. They have a lot of promise in the next metagame and should really shake up Cities. I can't wait to see how things unfold.

dmaster out.

If it's 149, I'm surprised they didn't just worm one of the cards that would have been cut in so they can shout about having 150 cards.

Nice seeing computer search and dusknoir. Computer Search will be played in every deck and I want to work on dusknoir.

Probably because Computer Search from the Base Set doesn't have ACE Spec written on the card. Ugh it's disgusting.

Serperior said:
Probably because Computer Search from the Base Set doesn't have ACE Spec written on the card. Ugh it's disgusting.

So? I do not not find that to be a good reason. Just saying.

Computer Search is pretty sweet. And I can't wait to make a Dusknoir deck. (I wonder how good it is?)

Blecchhhh...I know we already had the translation, but I wish Dusknoir was better. It would be such a fun deck to play if it didn't have so many downsides (130 Hp, which get's OHKO'd by Keldeo, and weak to dark.)

Anyhow, nice to see Computer Search confirmed. That's one card we know for sure will be awesome :p.

Envoyofduels said:
Serperior said:

I do, and here's the reason why:

As you probably know, if a card gets reprinted and goes through a significant effect change, it will require a reference outside the deck of the latest printing (such as PlusPower up until recently - but all PlusPower, Great Ball, and Rare Candy have technically been errata'd, so you don't need a ref - but it doesn't hurt).

The new Computer Search print has gone through a significant change: it's no longer a basic Item card, but it's now an ACE SPEC card, of which you may only run 1 in your deck. Thus, if you wanted to run an old Computer Search card from Base Set, you'd need a Computer Search from Boundaries Crossed outside your deck as a reference.

But since you can only run 1 Computer Search anyway, what's the point? You might as well just put the reference card in your deck instead. Thus, the redundancy is eliminated.

Now someone should ask the Rules Team if we can play Computer Searches in Unlimited the same way we always have.

DNA said:
Envoyofduels said:

I do, and here's the reason why:

As you probably know, if a card gets reprinted and goes through a significant effect change, it will require a reference outside the deck of the latest printing (such as PlusPower up until recently - but all PlusPower, Great Ball, and Rare Candy have technically been errata'd, so you don't need a ref - but it doesn't hurt).

The new Computer Search print has gone through a significant change: it's no longer a basic Item card, but it's now an ACE SPEC card, of which you may only run 1 in your deck. Thus, if you wanted to run an old Computer Search card from Base Set, you'd need a Computer Search from Boundaries Crossed outside your deck as a reference.

But since you can only run 1 Computer Search anyway, what's the point? You might as well just put the reference card in your deck instead. Thus, the redundancy is eliminated.

Now someone should ask the Rules Team if we can play Computer Searches in Unlimited the same way we always have.

Still seems a little nutty.

Am I the only one who finds it interesting that they kept the grey border around the Computer Search card? Since these promo images never show the holos, and combined with the white rarity star, it makes me think they might be keeping the border of the Japanese holos around the ACE SPEC cards to make them seem more fancy and important. I really hope they don't end up inflating the rarities of them in the English release, though.

Back