(1) Dragon-Types To Be Introduced to the TCG with 'Dragon Selection!!' [10/25]

Minty88 said:
I haven't read all the post, so don't shoot be if someone already suggested this....

but perhaps 'dragon' isn't going to be a COLOR, but a mechanic. Like Legends or EX or Lv. X. Kinda like MTG has 'flying, haste, and shadow, etc.

Just a thought.

Like phrasing it "Delta type"? That doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility here. It really will be unusual to have a new type mid-era like this and even if the translations are indeed literally phrasing it as a new type, the simpler argument still might be to dismiss it as meaning something short of that up until we actually do see a card with a Dragon typing.

MemoryBerry said:
This is what I'm guessing Dragon type will look like. (Color is gold)
Special Dragon Energy Card: "Flip 2 coins. If either/both of them are tails this attack fails."

Or maybe all the attacks are excessively flippy and a special energy nullifies or puts the odds more in the players favor.

You know what problem this raises...now they have to make Ice types...because Dragons weak to water is unacceptable.

catutie said:
You know what problem this raises...now they have to make Ice types...because Dragons weak to water is unacceptable.
They could just be weak to other Dragons like in the videogames, the only possible problem being the lack of Dragon types to make it a decent weakness.

amisheskimoninja said:
Well this is big news. I presume dragon type will have a dragon type weakness. Nothing else really makes sense. And that will mean dragons will be hard to counter. On a related note, I always though it was weird in the TCG that garchomp is weak to bidoof...

Most Dragon Type Pokemon have a 2nd type such a Flying or ground which makes them easy to dispose of. Dragons stand alone is a whole another story. If you have attacks like rock or Dragon moves then that is their weakness so it is best to have Pokemon with Dragon Type moves but is not a Pokemon that can fail easy.:)

ChaosBlack said:
They could just be weak to other Dragons like in the videogames, the only possible problem being the lack of Dragon types to make it a decent weakness.

It would be as dominant as Dragons were in Gen 1 then...a type only weak to itself isn't a good idea. The only way you would beat it is if you are playing mirror. No fun...I guess it's good that it's weak to water then :/

:headbang Ergh! All this speculation is rattling my brain with curiosity! CAN'T WAIT to see a Dragon type card!!

catutie said:
It would be as dominant as Dragons were in Gen 1 then...a type only weak to itself isn't a good idea.

Are you talking about the video games here? Because Dragon's always been weak to two types in them, and Dragonite wasn't particularly dominant in Gen 1.

Psychic, on the other hand, basically only had one weakness in Gen 1 due to the Gen 1 immunity to Ghost, and its one weakness (Bug) was a terrible type at the time that couldn't even counterattack Psychic Pokemon...

Oh right...it was psychic xD. Still having a type only weak to itself is dangerous...

Scizorliscious said:
They better make one that's both Weak to and Resistant to Water. Honestly, that'd be hilarious.

They already have one like that (granted, it wasn't a dragon but still...). Its called Donphan Prime.

Huh? Donphan's Pokebody basically gives him a -20 resistance to every type, including water, which it is weak to. Its technically not resistant to water, but due to its Pokebody it might as well be.

Back