(1) 'CoroCoro' Leaks, Reveals Legendarys' Sugimori Artwork and Genesect Film Details [1/11]

Am I the only one who keeps misreading Xerneas as Xenmas? :p

Me reading about there being a Genesect movie: "Ooo, cool!"
Me reading about there being not 1, but 2 Genesect in said movie: "This should be interesting."
Me reading about there being FIVE Genesect in said movie: "What.... How will this work? They remind me of the Squirtle Squad before they became good!"

I like Xerneas better as a Legendary, but Yveltal's art is better.

I've been waiting for the Sugimori artwork... And my opinion is still the same... I already liked Yveltal but now it looks even more awesome. But Xerneas... seriously, it still doesn't convence me. How the hell can this anorexic deer be a (most likely) 680-BST cover legendary? If it was bulkier, maybe I would buy it (I think Sawsbuck would even look better as a legendary). Also, its horns look so disproportionally big compared to the rest of its body, it's weird.

If I get to buy one of these games (that'll depend on if I get money for a 3DS), I'll definitely go for Yveltal...

edit: yeah, about the movie, they keep increasing the number of Genesect, and it is still considered a mythical pokémon... I bet there is actually an army of Genesect... But five Genesect in a movie will be funny to watch... Also, I'm under the impression that Charizard will also appear in the movie...

Jack Bauer said:
Phoenix EX said:
Look at the 2nd screenshot, specifically the windows and compare it to the first screenshot. As you can tell the lights are on so that must mean that it's late-noon, borderline night-time.

Nah, I don't think those are lights that are on. I think it is just the normal window reflection animation, which pops out pretty bright, because of the shadow overlay, which happens in a lot of games (especially during the N64 era, which this graphic engine comes close). But we will have to wait, till we get more info. If this turns out to be the night time, I don't like it. The sky is much to bright to be night...

One thing I noticed is that in the background of the first screenshot you see the Eiffel Tower thing lit up, or at least it appears that way (could be the sun's reflection), and in the second screenshot it's not in fact lit up, but it makes me wonder why they wouldn't light it up at night...

Yveltal looks like it's going to rip your face off.

Xerneas, on the other hand...that pose makes it look like any old elk/deer Pokemon. Not too appealing, really.

It's not night in the second screenshot, but it's still obviously later (like 2 PM VS 7 PM). I don't see what there is to debate over that. It's obvious.

I wonder if we will get any more info out of this coro coro or if that was pretty much it?

I feel like when it says Yveltal is 5.8m tall they are counting the tail, and they are actually about the same height.

I also think Yveltal is going to be a sweeper and Xerneas is going to be a tank

Jack Bauer said:
If this turns out to be the night time, I don't like it. The sky is much to bright to be night...

I agree - I hope this isn't Unova's night all over again. Unova at night barely felt like night to me. In many places the lighting on buildings never even changed and the overall "darkness" of the overworld wasn't enough of a change from the brightness of the day. The original Gold/Silver nights looked better than BW/B2W2's nights to me. The only time Unova's night felt correct to me was in Aspertia City's lookout, and that's only because you could see the dark, star-filled sky. I pray X and Y's night skies look like that - and maybe even have the moon visible in some places.
---

On the topic of the Sugimori art, he never disappoints me. As usual his art has made me love these two Legendaries even more. Xerneas looks simply perfect, and Yveltal looks sinister. For Typing, I'm wondering if Xerneas will take the Musketeer route and be part Fighting of if it'll go some other direction. Yveltal gives me a Dark/Flying feel, but perhaps that's too obvious.

Jack Bauer said:
Flygon2071 said:
It is the exact same scene except that the player is 5 steps ahead and that it is night.

Now I am liking Yveltal more. It can surpass Xerneas but I am not selecting between legendaries. Both are so great that it is impossible to decide! I will have to decide by version exclusive Pokemon/areas.

I think this Generation did something with most peoples eyes....

Where is it night on the screenshot, the sky is just as blue as it is in the other screenshot. I don't think this is a night screenshot, maybe just some shadowing from a tall building or maybe we will get a "real time" day and night change, where the sun is wandering.

Look at the shadows of the trees on the right screen, I don't think we will see shadows of trees at night...

How come the person in the back is in the first screenshot and not in the other one?

ArticunoDude said:
How come the person in the back is in the first screenshot and not in the other one?
Take another look at the screenshots. In the evening picture the player is about two meters further away from the tower. (You can already see a third tree.) The player might be covering the guy or the guy went home.

Welp. Xerneas has two blue eyes. Screw gender based on eye color.
Anyway, Yveltal is definitely my favorite out of the two. I love Yveltal's claw things and the veiny design on it's underside. It's not overdone, but special enough to be a legendary. Xerneas's design is too simple. It also looks like the Musketeers, none of which I care for other than Terrakion. Maybe I'll grow to like it more, kind of like Zekrom and White Kyurem. But for now, I dislike it.

Wait.... If Genesect has altered DNA, and there is pretty strong evidence that X and Y have some sort of Genetic theme, could it be that the backstory of Genesect has something to do with gen 6? Black/White/Black2/White2 didn't really go into much detail at all. Also, Could this region be where N went between Bw and Bw2?

5 genesect. Imagine a competitive team with 5 genesect.*chuckles*(chandy used flamethrower!!! super effective)

Teal said:
ArticunoDude said:
Take another look at the screenshots. In the evening picture the player is about two meters further away from the tower. (You can already see a third tree.) The player might be covering the guy or the guy went home.

It's late noon/night-time.

Paddy185 said:
Does anyone think that the types being listed as ??? think there may be a new type? I'm just jumping to conclusions, as I think that we had the same scenario with Reshiram and Zekrom.

Also, Xerneas' Sugimori artwork looks great. Yveltal looks pretty cool as well.

edit: @Ysmir, It also looks like Yveltal has two blue eyes.

That's what I thought as well. Maybe they will make a Light type.

Hmm, judging by the night photo still looking a little bright, maybe in X and Y we'll get a more flowed day/night system? For example, instead of turning straight to night at a specific time, it just gets darker and darker, then it turns night.

pokemaister899 said:
Hmm, judging by the night photo still looking a little bright, maybe in X and Y we'll get a more flowed day/night system? For example, instead of turning straight to night at a specific time, it just gets darker and darker, then it turns night.
That's what we have now anyway, since gen 4.

Back