(1) 'CoroCoro' Leaks, Reveals Legendarys' Sugimori Artwork and Genesect Film Details [1/11]

Water Pokémon Master said:
I'll just assume if you guys have looked at it 10,000 times you're right. I stand corrected!!

I apologize if I came off as a jerk, but I don't like misinformation. Jeeze... I still sound like a jerk... I'm trying not too... Either way, Xerneas is cool and these are some of the best designed legen-wait-for-it-daries, ever. :cool:

No it's fine, I appreciate you brought it up and were trying to show me in a calm manner why I was mistaken. I only want accurate info on my front page. :)

Awesome artwork, I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to get Yveltal, Xernaes is awesome to tho. I'm guessing that Yveltal will be a Dark/Flying or maybe a Psychic/Flying, and Xernaes maybe a Normal/Psychic or a Grass/Psychic. :D

I wasn't a fan of Yveltal at all, but seeing the Sugimori artwork, he looks crazy awesome, I'm just praying he's not a dragon type. Another type of legendary mascot would make for a refreshing change, I think he could be Fighting/Flying CALL ME CRAZY KIDS!

The eyes have always been both blue in the trailer and I am still at a loss of understanding where anyone saw any red, including the zoomed image that clearly shows the exact same blue eye....or why even...idk.

Phoenix EX said:
Clay said:
There's a new screenshot, kinda. In the second scan with Pokemon X, you can see the same image we say in the trailer; the male trainer is skating from what looks like the Eiffel Tower, BUT AT NIGHT! Yeah, not too major, but it is new, and we don't have the guy who was there in the trailer.

Haha good eyes I didn't even notice that!
I guess the day-night system is back.

For anyone's reference, I put together a side-by-side comparison, with the left image from the trailer, and the right image (which is also in the scan) from pokemon.com.
Pokemon_XYDay_Night_Comparison.jpg

I think the Bicycle is gone. When you look at the trailer, the girl runs at 0:24 and the boy at 0:58. This doesn't look like it's the normal walking as in 0:30.

Cause why should the include a normal walk, running, skating and cycling? But maybe the boy get's skating, the girl get's cycling. Or they just removed it, because it's easier for the animation, than to make paths and animations for riding the bicycle.

rubygroudon said:
Phoenix EX said:
Haha good eyes I didn't even notice that!
I guess the day-night system is back.

For anyone's reference, I put together a side-by-side comparison, with the left image from the trailer, and the right image (which is also in the scan) from pokemon.com.

It is the exact same scene except that the player is 5 steps ahead and that it is night.

Now I am liking Yveltal more. It can surpass Xerneas but I am not selecting between legendaries. Both are so great that it is impossible to decide! I will have to decide by version exclusive Pokemon/areas.

Flygon2071 said:
rubygroudon said:

It is the exact same scene except that the player is 5 steps ahead and that it is night.

Now I am liking Yveltal more. It can surpass Xerneas but I am not selecting between legendaries. Both are so great that it is impossible to decide! I will have to decide by version exclusive Pokemon/areas.

I think this Generation did something with most peoples eyes....

Where is it night on the screenshot, the sky is just as blue as it is in the other screenshot. I don't think this is a night screenshot, maybe just some shadowing from a tall building or maybe we will get a "real time" day and night change, where the sun is wandering.

Look at the shadows of the trees on the right screen, I don't think we will see shadows of trees at night...

The artwork is amazing. I love both of them so I don't know which game I'd get just yet. Also, pretty excited about the new movie.

I'm going to Japan tomorrow for 2 weeks so I can't wait to see all the Pokemon-themed stuff everywhere. Looking forward to seeing that episode with N, too :D

Jack Bauer said:
Flygon2071 said:

Where is it night on the screenshot, the sky is just as blue as it is in the other screenshot. I don't think this is a night screenshot, maybe just some shadowing from a tall building or maybe we will get a "real time" day and night change, where the sun is wandering.

Look at the shadows of the trees on the right screen, I don't think we will see shadows of trees at night...

Look at the 2nd screenshot, specifically the windows and compare it to the first screenshot. As you can tell the lights are on so that must mean that it's late-noon, borderline night-time.

Phoenix EX said:
Jack Bauer said:

Look at the 2nd screenshot, specifically the windows and compare it to the first screenshot. As you can tell the lights are on so that must mean that it's late-noon, borderline night-time.

Nah, I don't think those are lights that are on. I think it is just the normal window reflection animation, which pops out pretty bright, because of the shadow overlay, which happens in a lot of games (especially during the N64 era, which this graphic engine comes close). But we will have to wait, till we get more info. If this turns out to be the night time, I don't like it. The sky is much to bright to be night...

When I saw the trailer I was more on Yveltal's side, but now that
I've seen the art. OMG, this is going to be a hard choice. XD

Holy crap. Five Genesect? I wonder a 6th Generation will be in the movie after all. I also guess that this is the last 5th Generation Movie.

Jack Bauer said:

Everything but the sky in the scan is very dark, and that's just because it's a scan. I took a first glance, and it looked night-ish. :p

Quite interesting. I'm still in favour of Yveltal.
The five movie Genesect now... I wonder if they will be somehow distributed.

Xerneas...DEM ANTLERS. :O
I still like Xerneas better, but now I've seen the artwork, Yveltal looks so much better!
My guess for their types? Dark/Flying for Yveltal and Electric/Psychic for Xerneas. That way their types cancel out (Dark>Psychic, Electric>Flying).

Jack Bauer said:
I think the Bicycle is gone. When you look at the trailer, the girl runs at 0:24 and the boy at 0:58. This doesn't look like it's the normal walking as in 0:30.

Cause why should the include a normal walk, running, skating and cycling? But maybe the boy get's skating, the girl get's cycling. Or they just removed it, because it's easier for the animation, than to make paths and animations for riding the bicycle.

I kind of hope they dont replace cycling with skates, just because you cant skate through grass and terrain and it would seem weird if you could in the game.

As for the artwork, they still look wonderful. Xerneas is still my favorite. Yveltal's tail looks like another hand... That could be interesting.

Back