(1) CoroCoro Leaking [8/7]

don()shinobi said:
Teal said:
More obscure Pokémon like Banette, Mawile, Absol and Lopunny are the ones that really deserve a mega evolution.
...or, you know, an actual evolution.

I think the ones that could use a power boost, but seem unlikely to evolve again are the ones that should get Megas.
Lopunny fits into this category... stuff like Galvantula, Scrafty etc.
Stuff like Absol, Mawile and Banette should definitely have gotten regular evolutions before Megas.

Metalizard said:
Just because a pokémon is overpowered doesn't mean it will stop GF from giving it a Mega Evolution... The Pseudo-Legendaries are the perfect example of this... And if they're giving some of them Megas, the rest of them should get Mega Evos too

Just because an "OP" pokemon gets a mega, doesn't make it's mega OP
Sometimes it's item is what makes it really good or OP. Such as giving something a scarf, leftovers or sash.

Look at Gyarados & Garchomp

I never said that... In fact, I recognize the Megas for Pseudo-legendaries are probably the most pointless, as they end up being less useful than the regular pokémon (like Garchomp)... It seems you're missing my point...
It doesn't matter if the pokémon is already good. If it's a cool pokémon, GF will give it a Mega, even if it's not more powerful. My point is, if they give Megas to some pokémon of a certain group, the rest of the members should also have Megas...
Like if they're giving Primal Reversion to Kyogre & Groudon but not to Rayquaza, it's just stupid...

Metalizard said:
I recognize the Megas for Pseudo-legendaries are probably the most pointless, as they end up being less useful than the regular pokémon (like Garchomp)...
Mega Tyranitar is hardly less useful than regular. Two total pseudo megas isn't enough to base a pattern on, especially when one of them doesn't even fit into it (aka half of them).

I don't mind if there's an "arms race" for mega evolutions. Ultimately you can only have one on your team. That along with the inability to hold items helps to balance it. I can see the metagame and number of megas evolving to the point where all teams have 3 or 4 pokemon that could go mega, and you'll be challenged to predict which one it is.

I agree pokemon like Mawile and Banette should have gotten real evolutions, but I'd rather they get a cool mega than not be revisited at all. I also like how megas are set up to give every trainer their own sort of "signature pokemon." Like everyone has that one pokemon they're really close with and can count on to take things to the next level (even when their levels are set to 50).

Mega Altaria is poorly designed. They just added extra fluff and a longer tail. Megamence looks pretty cool and I am very glad that mega loppuny is not female like, because people were posting bad pics of it all over the web. I do like all the megas revealed so far, Mega Swampert being my favorite.

Cinesra said:
Metalizard said:
I recognize the Megas for Pseudo-legendaries are probably the most pointless, as they end up being less useful than the regular pokémon (like Garchomp)...
Mega Tyranitar is hardly less useful than regular. Two total pseudo megas isn't enough to base a pattern on, especially when one of them doesn't even fit into it (aka half of them).

Geez, do I really have to choose every word carefully so you guys understand what I'm trying to say?
I say less useful, but what I mean in general is: it may not be worse but it's not much better either. Am I being clear now?
Seriously, I'm only repeating stuff I see people all over the internet saying, I couldn't care less if the Mega is better or worse than the regular pokémon in competitive play!

On serebii.net Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino! Now, that's interesting… do we also get Mega Slowking?

EDIT: But really: what about the split evolution lines? If one part gets this boost (Mega evolution), does it automatically mean, the other gets this boost, too? It'd be a little unfair, if not.
Also: what can we expect now? They're spreading mega evo's everywhere. Maybe in future all 'mon get its mega? I personally am now expecting Mega Marowak (that guy needs more bones!), Mega Machamp (as its counterpart for Alakazam; although it got much more attention in TCG then Abra's line) and Mega Donphan…
Any other ideas?

IgnisMagister said:
NotSeen said:
On serebii.net Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino! Now, that's interesting… do we also get Mega Slowking?

First Gen 5 mega. I like their megas alot. Slowbro needed it.

Yea the only disappointing thing is Audino's ability I wish it had Natural cure instead oh well at least its a fairy type which gives it a huge buff highly needed and deserved.

NotSeen said:
But really: what about the split evolution lines? If one part gets this boost (Mega evolution), does it automatically mean, the other gets this boost, too? It'd be a little unfair, if not.

Gallade doesn't have a Mega evolution yet, while Gardevoir got one in X/Y. That confirms that the other Pokémon in a split evolution line isn't guaranteed a Mega evolution if one of them receives one. However, we don't know if there's an upcoming Mega Gallade and Mega Slowking, but for now, a Mega Slowking/Mega Gallade isn't guaranteed.

Speaking of Mega Slowking, Shell Armor sounds like a weird ability for it. Most Megas seem to be designed to be useful competitively, and Shell Armor is widely regarded as being a situational ability. It matches design wise, but isn't all that useful competitively like Regenerator is.
I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be really effective. Mega Slowbro looks like it's going to be very defensive, and with Shell Armor you don't have to worry about random crits, making defense buffs sound like a good idea.

Mega Audino looks like it's going to aimed for Double and Triple Battle with Healer. It'll be interesting to see how it's stats are going to be arranged. A buff to it's defenses sounds reasonable if the design goal was to make it a supporter, but I wouldn't put it past Game Freak to suddenly make it more offensive instead.

Slowbro! D: Oh GOD what did they DO to you?!
Mega Audino, strange, as it's a 5th gen Pokémon.

So I guess it means we're waiting for Mega Gallade and Mega Slowking.

Mega Slowbro really makes me confident about Mega Glalie now.

Also, note how we still haven't seen a single mega for a pokemon that evolved with an evolutionary stone.

Mega Slowbro?

BEYBLADE!
LET IT RIP!

Also, glad to see gen 5 get some attention.
Finally, though it's not any of my bros....

Mitja said:
Also, note how we still haven't seen a single mega for a pokemon that evolved with an evolutionary stone.

That's actually... weird... Although I don't think it's intentional... Why would evolving with a stone influence that? Just because Mega Evolution uses Mega stones?

Still, nice trivia...

don()shinobi said:
Teal said:
More obscure Pokémon like Banette, Mawile, Absol and Lopunny are the ones that really deserve a mega evolution.
...or, you know, an actual evolution.
No thanks. I have never liked cross generation evolutions as a concept because I want to see new Pokémon in the dex instead of new evolutions of old Pokémon. Mega evos are good because they can be added midgeneration, revealing "new Pokémon" midgeneration without taking up Pokédex space.

I would not like it if those Pokémon got dex space wasted on them in gen 7.

That's also one of the reasons gen 5 is my favourite Pokémon-wise.

Metalizard said:
Mitja said:

That's actually... weird... Although I don't think it's intentional... Why would evolving with a stone influence that? Just because Mega Evolution uses Mega stones?

Still, nice trivia...

Yeah, I mean we haven't had a line evolve with an evolutionary stone twice all this time.

Especially in Gallades case, it kinda felt like it already is emyploing some hidden potential by having evolved with a Dawn Stone (which in japanese is called Awakening stone. No idea wtf is up with that translation, it doesn't convey the meaning whatsoever, and it actually makes it seem like a counterpart to the Dusk stone, which is what the Shiny stone actually is...)

But of course when it comes down to it, gamefreak will make one whenever they get to it.

Mega Audino looks like an actual evolution. But we still need mega Gallade and Mega Dragonite. Then these games will be complete

Back