(1) CoroCoro Leaking [8/7]

I don't have this obsession about Milotic.. I don't really care how it will evolve or if it will M-evolve, I only know that Feebas will be in 6 patches of water like the "original" older games, and surely I will not spend my time searching for it, so I will trade my Milotic from XY just for my Pokédex, and that's all.. I'm that weird?

P.S. I really hope that some good bwoy will leak something about the TCG (coff coff Phantom Forces coff coff)... I'm dying waiting to have news about Gengar-EX and M-Gengar-EX

thegrovylekid said:
Mitja said:
Wait, why does it follow from Salamence getting one?

I know there was a TCG counterpartish thing going on once, but that's TCG, they pair whatever they want, just like the anime movies etc. In the actual games, they're both part Dragon and that's where the similarities end (and one doesn't even start out as a Dragon type). So that makes as much sense as Ludicolo getting a mega because Sceptile did.

What did make some sense was that after Mega Metagross was revealed, Salamence might follow, as they're both Hoenns pseudo-legends.
Yes, but by giving Metagross, Salemence, Tyranitar, And Garchomp metas, they need to give metas to all pseudo-legends. Mega Dragonite Confirmed!!:D

After seeing Mega-Salamence, I hope GF continues to forget Hydreigon!

Hydreigon really needs a Mega... He's taken a big blow because of the fairies... He desperately needs an improvement...

But yeah, I thought, since XY featured a lot of Gen 1 Nostalgia, Dragonite should have got a Mega on XY instead of maybe Garchomp, and save Garchomp for next gen or "something" *cough DP remakes cough *...

Anyway, I'm sure, eventually, all Pseudo-Legendaries will have Megas... it's just a matter of time...

Drohn said:
Awesome we get to evolve Milotic in the original way again. :D Are beauty stats carried over from ORAS to XY? Does this mean we can evolve Milotic in different ways in ORAS?

You could always evolved Feebas into Milotic with max Beauty Stat. Just normally it's a hidden Stat.

Metalizard said:
Hydreigon really needs a Mega... He's taken a big blow because of the fairies... He desperately needs an improvement...

But yeah, I thought, since XY featured a lot of Gen 1 Nostalgia, Dragonite should have got a Mega on XY instead of maybe Garchomp, and save Garchomp for next gen or "something" *cough DP remakes cough *...

Anyway, I'm sure, eventually, all Pseudo-Legendaries will have Megas... it's just a matter of time...

What about regular Pokémon, like Swellow and Raticate? They need love too!

These Mega's are okay, but nothing special. I prefer some of fan ideas from DeviantArt for Mega Altaria way better, but this one is not that bad. I was hoping for more Mega's (like 6 at a time when they introduced them in X and Y).

I loved contests in the anime but never really had the chance to play them since my parent wouldn't let me buy a console until last year when i got X and Y. So now I'll finally have the chance to try it out and I'm really excited :3

I think there will be more trainer customization since the protagonist look basic with their brown hair and average skin tone, while the original Brendan had black hair and their skin tones were waaaay lighter. Ah wells, we can only pray for GameFreak to include it once again <3

Metalizard said:

I agree. Dragonite should've gotten a Mega, but not over Garchomp, as then we'd be back at square 1. It should've gotten one over Abomasnow.
mega_dragonite_by_witchpaws-d6lek6m.png

CoroCoro TCG news up!

They call this a Mega Evolution Scoop? This was no more a "scoop" than June was.

Yet another overhyped issue, I mean the reveals were good, but they weren't really worth the promotion they got.

@thegrovylekid: I said Garchomp because, in the same way Metagross only got his Mega Evo now in ORAS because it is Steven's signature Pokémon, it would be cool if they saved Mega Garchomp for the eventual DP remakes as it is Cynthia's signature Pokémon...

I believe Abomasnow got his Mega because they nerfed the weather abilities and since Abomasnow is the original Hail starter, they probably wanted a Mega that could extend Hail's duration since the ability triggers again when it Mega Evolves, kinda like Mega Tyranitar who keeps Sand Stream...
Also, since I'm talking about this subject, I believe Primal Kyogre and Groudon's abilities will be boosted versions of Drought and Drizzle to circumvent the weather nerf...

Yes, I guess you're right. MegaChomp shouldn't happened yet. But Why did they give useless pokemon like Banette one?

What are people blabbering here, oh my.

Please, no more pseudo legendary or Dragon type megas. Most were good enough to begin with. Dragonite is already godly good as it is. As much as I love Hydreigon, every dragon doesn't need to be a top tier Pokémon (and it's still really good). More obscure Pokémon like Banette, Mawile, Absol and Lopunny are the ones that really deserve a mega evolution.

Exactly; what's the point of bringing overpowered pokemon down if you're just going to get them back to the top? garchomp and metagross only got megas because they are signature pokemon from the champions; they should have chosen a different pokemon from every champion, like they did with diantha.

professorlight said:
Exactly; what's the point of bringing overpowered pokemon down if you're just going to get them back to the top? garchomp and metagross only got megas because they are signature pokemon from the champions; they should have chosen a different pokemon from every champion, like they did with diantha.

Then Dragonite would have one, because lance has 3 of them.

thegrovylekid said:
professorlight said:

It doesn't have to. Three of Lance's Pokemon already have a mega evolution. (Gyarados, Aerodactyl, and Charizard) Besides, Dragonite's already OPed, it doesn't really need a mega evolution...

Just because a pokémon is overpowered doesn't mean it will stop GF from giving it a Mega Evolution... The Pseudo-Legendaries are the perfect example of this... And if they're giving some of them Megas, the rest of them should get Mega Evos too, IMO...

I'm very picky about these things, if they give something to a pokémon that has a recognized counterpart, but the counterpart doesn't get a similar treatment, I get mad simply because I don't think it's fair (and also because I'm kinda obsessed with duality concepts)... That's I want Megas for Gallade and Milotic or want them to give a 10 stat boost to Dustox and Politoed, or correct Mega Alakazam's stats so it has the 100 stat increase every other Mega has...

Makaio said:
thegrovylekid said:

It doesn't have to. Three of Lance's Pokemon already have a mega evolution. (Gyarados, Aerodactyl, and Charizard) Besides, Dragonite's already OPed, it doesn't really need a mega evolution...

Which one was his strongest? Dragonite, Charizard, Dragonite, Aerodactyl, Gyarados, or Dragonite?

Metalizard said:
Just because a pokémon is overpowered doesn't mean it will stop GF from giving it a Mega Evolution... The Pseudo-Legendaries are the perfect example of this... And if they're giving some of them Megas, the rest of them should get Mega Evos too, IMO...

I'm very picky about these things, if they give something to a pokémon that has a recognized counterpart, but the counterpart doesn't get a similar treatment, I get mad simply because I don't think it's fair (and also because I'm kinda obsessed with duality concepts)... That's I want Megas for Gallade and Milotic or want them to give a 10 stat boost to Dustox and Politoed, or correct Mega Alakazam's stats so it has the 100 stat increase every other Mega has...

This is one of my main reasons for wanting to see mega-evolution abolished! It just seems there's an ongoing arms race due to the fact that some of the first Mega-evolutions had no reason to exist. For example, Mawile and Absol were Pokémon that fans were hoping for an actual evolution, not because they're exactly fan favorites but because they would have much more potencial with an evolution and so instead of a regular one they've got a Mega-evo. But then we have Mewtwo with two Mega-evos and the worst of all, Charizard, in what seems to be fan service and with this last one, a door was open to ask and beg for Mega-evos for every Pokémon and even more than one!
Fans love Raichu? Then give him a Mega. Ditto is loved? Give him a Mega. Rayquaza is the most loved Pokémon? "Give me Mega-Rayquaza!! OMG, I want one." With AS/OR the decision to have Mega-Blaziken in Kalos seemed even more stupid and illogical.

I'm not critizing user's comments, mind you (hell, I want every Pokémon to have one just so I can see new designs, the only thing that I like in Megas), because it's GF's fault for making such a ridiculous move, more so taking into account the exact method of Mega-evolution, with bracelets, necklaces and a Power Rangers pose and shouting words.

Teal said:
More obscure Pokémon like Banette, Mawile, Absol and Lopunny are the ones that really deserve a mega evolution.
...or, you know, an actual evolution.

Back