(1) CoroCoro Leaking [8/7]

I'm going to give my opinions on these now.

Mega Altaria: It's going to become a major offensive threat, but why does its PHYSICAL attack get boosted? It'g going to be a top threat in OU regardless. And it's so cute!

Mega Salemence: Okay, the design on this thing looks insane!….ly bad. You give it bigger horns, a metal thing, take off it's front arms, and make it look like a boomerang. genius. But nobody's denying the POWER this thing packs! Arealate is really good, as we've seen on mega Pinsir, now I just have one question. Does this thing get Extremespeed?

Mega Lopunny: Generation 4 is my favourite generation, and if you don't like it, that's your opinion. I never really used normal Lopunny, but Normal/Fighing with scrappy=Good Aegi counter, so that's one thing going for it. And design=Lopunny Fight mode.

Can't wait to see what the fourth mega is!

I love Mega Altaria so much.
I'm gonna raise one up to Level 100 to get it ready for ORAS.
I like Mega Lopunny, and Mega Salamence, but damn, dat Mega Altaria tho.
Although, I do have to wonder. With Fairy added to its type does this mean that it loses its double weakness to Ice?
And does it even have a weakness?

KiKi said:
I love Mega Altaria so much.
I'm gonna raise one up to Level 100 to get it ready for ORAS.
I like Mega Lopunny, and Mega Salamence, but damn, dat Mega Altaria tho.
Although, I do have to wonder. With Fairy added to its type does this mean that it loses its double weakness to Ice?
And does it even have a weakness?
Yep, it only takes 2x damage from Ice-type attacks now (instead of 4x). It also gains a weakness to Poison and Steel-types (and keeps its Fairy-type weakness).

See my comment from the previous page: "The main post says Mega Altaria gets an attack boost but in Japanese the picture says that Mega Altaria's attack AND special attack both shoot up."

thegrovylekid said:
I'm going to give my opinions on these now.

Mega Altaria: It's going to become a major offensive threat, but why does its PHYSICAL attack get boosted? It'g going to be a top threat in OU regardless. And it's so cute!

Mega Salemence: Okay, the design on this thing looks insane!….ly bad. You give it bigger horns, a metal thing, take off it's front arms, and make it look like a boomerang. genius. But nobody's denying the POWER this thing packs! Arealate is really good, as we've seen on mega Pinsir, now I just have one question. Does this thing get Extremespeed?

Mega Lopunny: Generation 4 is my favourite generation, and if you don't like it, that's your opinion. I never really used normal Lopunny, but Normal/Fighing with scrappy=Good Aegi counter, so that's one thing going for it. And design=Lopunny Fight mode.

Can't wait to see what the fourth mega is!

Setosama said:
grassdragon said:
The fourth Mega is supposed to be Drapion. The leaker supposedly confirmed it but was unable to post more scans since everybody found his twitter.

If that's true: WTF?! ANOTHER GEN IV MEGA?! DAFAQ ARE NEW GEN IV MEGAS DOING IN MY PRECIOUS HOENN REMAKES?! T-T

well, they only had 3 so far.

gen 3 megas were the second most of all gens in XY, and are now well on their way to exceeding gen 1 numbers (even though the total is smaller)

Its completely expected that there'd be at least a few more from gen 4, given that there is a precedent for that happening before.

Even if they were only in the postgame (Im convinced Lopunny is now a hoenndex poke in this case though)

what bugs me is how we haven't seen any gen 1/2 pokes from the Hoenndex get megas yet o___O

...wait, did someone say Drapion? OMG QQ I LOVE DRAPION, DONT F IT UP

I can't even describe how disappointed I am with mega Salamence. I really love mega Altaria though, and Lopunny looks cool too.

grassdragon said:
The fourth Mega is supposed to be Drapion. The leaker supposedly confirmed it but was unable to post more scans since everybody found his twitter.

Who said that there was going to be a 4th mega again?

First of all: Looool at Altaria being Dragon/Fairy... It's just like Mitja said, it doesn't make much sense taking out its Flying-type but GF couldn't care less, it seems... Still, it's cool to have a new type combo, specially one this interesting...
There may be some sense though for M-Altaria being Dragon/Fairy... It seems to me that it's the same thing that happened with Swirlix... It's based on cotton candy which was also called Fairy floss... GF seems to treat Altaria's wings as more like cotton than clouds (even though it has Cloud Nine), as it even learns Cotton Guard... Except by this logic, Mega Ampharos should have been Electric/Fairy then, but wtv... I guess this is the reason Mega Altaria is Dragon/Fairy...
About losing its Flying-type, it's the same that happens with Mega Charizard X, Reshiram and Zekrom... Flying dragons who aren't Flying-type... Although, as I've said once, I'd rather see Altaria being Fairy/Flying than Dragon/Flying... That can't beat the new type combo though...
As for Pixilate and the stat boosts, in the news it only mentions the Attack but people are saying the Sp. Attack also gets a boost... They better get big boosts, specially the attack (like at least 60 points to reach 130 Base Attack), otherwise, it's not worth it...

Mega Lopunny gets a cool secondary Fighting-type plus Scrappy and its offenses are boosted too. Just like Altaria, they better be big boosts, otherwise it will still be mediocre... Kinda unexpected and an odd choice but I like that it's not just new Hoenn Megas in OR/AS...

Mega Salamence... I'm not sure Aerilate is that much of an improvement... It never really used its Flying STAB much (although, that might be precisely because it didn't have any good Flying moves) but I don't know, nowadays, Flying STAB seems to be good... It's weird to me it got a Defense boost... I always thought they would just upgrade its offensive stats because it was never very defensive other than having Intimidate... It seems, by its looks, it may also get a Speed boost but I hope that doesn't make it problematic for M-Charizard X (sorry, I'm being biased)... otherwise, send it to Ubers...

As for the designs... I really liked all of the three... Altaria and Lopunny are simple but different enough, specially Lopunny which looks much cooler now...
As for Salamence, it's the most radical one... I also found some difficulty in finding its forelegs at first... I wonder it they're just retracted for the pose, otherwise, how can it use Dragon Claw with its arms stucked like that?... Its head also looks very similar to Rayquaza's but other than that, I liked the design a lot...

Now I just want to know what's the fourth Mega... If it's Drapion, cool, I just hope it looks good like these three... if it's not, I also waiting for Mega Flygon... or Milotic... I think those two are mandatory for these games...

Pikachu6319 said:
Um, we're forgetting something. Where is our Mega Flygon people? It makes sense since Salamence got one.

Wait, why does it follow from Salamence getting one?

I know there was a TCG counterpartish thing going on once, but that's TCG, they pair whatever they want, just like the anime movies etc. In the actual games, they're both part Dragon and that's where the similarities end (and one doesn't even start out as a Dragon type). So that makes as much sense as Ludicolo getting a mega because Sceptile did.

What did make some sense was that after Mega Metagross was revealed, Salamence might follow, as they're both Hoenns pseudo-legends.

In non-mega related leak news, Aegislash-EX is confirmed to be a Steel-type and it looks like its in its Blade Form :)

I love all of the designs, Mega Lopunny especially.. And Pika-Libre will be mine. I have searched and bred for a shiny in the Metagross line. I am definitely pre-ordering.

I just hope we get at least one mega from Gen V, just one...

Mitja said:
Pikachu6319 said:
Um, we're forgetting something. Where is our Mega Flygon people? It makes sense since Salamence got one.

Wait, why does it follow from Salamence getting one?

I know there was a TCG counterpartish thing going on once, but that's TCG, they pair whatever they want, just like the anime movies etc. In the actual games, they're both part Dragon and that's where the similarities end (and one doesn't even start out as a Dragon type). So that makes as much sense as Ludicolo getting a mega because Sceptile did.

What did make some sense was that after Mega Metagross was revealed, Salamence might follow, as they're both Hoenns pseudo-legends.
Yes, but by giving Metagross, Salemence, Tyranitar, And Garchomp metas, they need to give metas to all pseudo-legends. Mega Dragonite Confirmed!!:D

Mega Salamence may look ridiculous, but to me, it's a good kind of ridiculous. There's a strange charm to those nubby little arms of his.

Lopunny was never a Pokemon I cared about, but any new Megas from Gen IV that increase the plausibility of Mega Gallade's inclusion are fine by me.

The Shiny Beldum is a nice surprise as well. I was planning on trading over the Beldum you get from Steven's house at the end of the game over to my second playthrough, but now I can just use a shiny.

Metalizard said:
First of all: Looool at Altaria being Dragon/Fairy... It's just like Mitja said, it doesn't make much sense taking out its Flying-type but GF couldn't care less, it seems... Still, it's cool to have a new type combo, specially one this interesting...
There may be some sense though for M-Altaria being Dragon/Fairy... It seems to me that it's the same thing that happened with Swirlix... It's based on cotton candy which was also called Fairy floss... GF seems to treat Altaria's wings as more like cotton than clouds (even though it has Cloud Nine), as it even learns Cotton Guard... Except by this logic, Mega Ampharos should have been Electric/Fairy then, but wtv... I guess this is the reason Mega Altaria is Dragon/Fairy...

It's based on the blue bird of happiness, which is a creature from fairy tales.

Pikachu6319 said:
Think the shiny Beldum with the mega stone will be a download thing like Speed Boost Torchic was with X and Y?

Most likely

What mega would I like for the fourth one? :Dragonite, Gallade, Dragonite, Milotic, Dragonite, or Dragonite

Pikachu6319 said:
Think the shiny Beldum with the mega stone will be a download thing like Speed Boost Torchic was with X and Y?

I think I heard rumors on another forum I go to that they're saying the shiny Beldum could possibly be a gift for pre-ordering Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.

Don't quote me on that though.

Mega Altaria reminds me of this
pochama-evo.png

Also looks like Mega Lopunny is taking fashion advice from the Gothi line and Talonflame.

Back