(1) CoroCoro Leaking [8/7]

People can we take a break from the megas and look at Icicle crash Pikachu...Geezuz Christ too much power talk about perfect coverage I mean it sux to torture poor pika to wear that silly dress but its worth it.
PS: mega menace is growing on me.<3

I don't really like the designs for any of these Pokémon. Especially the no-handed Salamance! The fact that they picked pretty much a filler Pokemon to have a mega (Lopunny) is really dumb IMO. It's also suprising that we only got 3 mega when it said in the last CoCo that they were revealing a lot of megas this edition.

So if Mega Altaria enters a sky battle and then mega evolves, losing her flying typing.... what then?

Ohman177 said:
So if Mega Altaria enters a sky battle and then mega evolves, losing her flying typing.... what then?

I would assume it stays, Charizard X and Gyarados loses their flying types as well, and they both stayed in the sky

RealSlim said:
Ampharos: Who stole my shampoo?
Mega Altaria: Don't look at me!

Mega Altaria stole my shampoo.

Heh heh heh

M-Alteria, while I think they could have gotten more inspired with the design, I do like it. And the typing is really cool. I've never used Alteria before so maybe this time around I'll add it to my team.

M-Salamance, oh man they got a bit too inspired with this one. It looks like a mess.

M-lopunny, it's nothing special. I don't dislike it, but it doesn't really feel like a mega evolution to me. It looks like it should be an alternative evo for buneary rather than a more evolved lopunny.

*crosses fingers for mega sharpedo*

steffenka said:
Ohman177 said:

I would assume it stays, Charizard X and Gyarados loses their flying types as well, and they both stayed in the sky

lol I had a total brain fart for a moment there

First off, kind of meh-ish on M-Lopunny. The design is nice, but I was never a massive fan of the Pokémon before this. Scrappy is nice, but I really don't think it will make any waves in the metagame.

M-Altaria and M-Salamence are different stories completely. M-Altaria is going to become a fantastic dragon killer with her Dragon and Fairy weaknesses negated and Pixilate actually allowing her to gain Fairy STAB. M-Salamence is going to be boss. End of.

Where is that fourth one though? There is clearly a scan missing, and its not just here, its everywhere.

Everyone, shush about mega salamence.

When you have this as a pokemon:

Batwing-BTAS.jpg

You can't complain about anything else, ever. That is the most badass airship in the history of ever.

WhySoCarefree said:
M-Altaria and M-Salamence are different stories completely. M-Altaria is going to become a fantastic dragon killer with her Dragon and Fairy weaknesses negated and Pixilate actually allowing her to gain Fairy STAB. M-Salamence is going to be boss. End of.
Mega Altaria is still weak to Fairy. Fairy doesn't resist Fairy.

Mega Altaria is weak to Poison/Steel/Ice (x2 instead of x4)/Fairy. It gains the cool Dragon immunity but it loses Ground immunity. It also gains Electric and Dark resistances and loses Rock weakness.

Reggie McGigas said:
I don't really like the designs for any of these Pokémon. Especially the no-handed Salamance! The fact that they picked pretty much a filler Pokemon to have a mega (Lopunny) is really dumb IMO. It's also suprising that we only got 3 mega when it said in the last CoCo that they were revealing a lot of megas this edition.

It is a bit early for CoroCoro, and whilst it's unconfirmed, there's supposed to be another scan featuring another Mega (although I'm unsure why it wasn't leaked).
Hopefully we see a couple more, although the amount really depends on how many new Megas are introduced in the game.

I think that Mega Lopunny was an indicator to there being more non-gen3 Megas. Hopefully we see more non gen3 Megas introduced in ORAS... particularly Lanturn and Galvantula.

So it is seems a majority of the internet are also saying there's a supposed to be another Mega? What happened? Hope we get that reveal soon. And it better be as awesome as these 3.

Salamance is a frisbee.
A giant frisbee. Can't wait to see him everywhere online.

But I'm quite sure Lopunny and Altaria will definitely rise in usage. I do happen to have a Lopunny that was traded to me, named Suzy Simpson. Might use it, though I'll probably come off as a perverted sicko.

I feel sorry for those people that were MM'ing a Beldum, because now everyone is going to have a shiny Metagross. But shiny Metagross looks like he has cheese for claws.

Retro_on_theGo said:
So it is seems a majority of the internet are also saying there's a supposed to be another Mega? What happened? Hope we get that reveal soon. And it better be as awesome as these 3.

The bottom left corner of the magazine looks as if something's been cut off.
Also, something to do with Bulbapedia and Twitter.

*a boomerang actually. MegaMence is a boomerang.

Aerilate Hyper Beam : Straight past Ubers making a new tier completely.

Inb4 it's speed and Sp. D are piss poor now. (I know it won't happen but we can hope.)

Um, we're forgetting something. Where is our Mega Flygon people? It makes sense since Salamence got one.

Our first Dragon/Fairy (as Mega Sceptile is our first Grass/Dragon). Interesting, interesting...so much for the double ice weakness but that might be a good thing. And Pixelate as the ability, that will be great for the user bad for the opponent.

I'm actually glad that Lopunny gets a Mega that adds fighting. Lopunny just became a bit more useful. Pokemon like Raticate and, Furrett and even Ambipom are totally going jealous right now.

I think Mega Salamence could be worse looking, but it could be better too, though props on the Aerilate .

Too bad those special contest moves for Pikachu don't translate into battle. That would be awesome. Never got into contests personally.

I still think around 90-95% of mega pokemon are worse than the pokemon they mega evolve from. These reveals don't change my opinion about that. The fact that Charizard has two mega evolve forms with Mewtwo and no other pokemon so far is even more bemusing.

In the latest ones Salamence mega evolves and loses two of its legs...okay.

HA559 said:
I still think around 90-95% of mega pokemon are worse than the pokemon they mega evolve from. These reveals don't change my opinion about that. The fact that Charizard has two mega evolve forms with Mewtwo and no other pokemon so far is even more bemusing.

it doesn't lose the legs. They are tucked in to make him more aerodynamic. He probably has a huge speed boost.

HA559 said:

Salamence doesn't lose its legs, but they become much smaller and are tucked into the front of its scales.
I do see what you mean though, when I first saw it I thought it had lost 2 of its legs. Its one of those things where you need to look at it a bit more closely to see it.

edit: greninja'd

I read some of your discussion, not all, so if I just copy someone, I apologize, but:

If I looked at Mega Salamence, first, what I got into my mind was: “Why the heck he stole the ‘Lunar Wings’ from Cresselia?”
Besides that, I didn't find the forelegs before, I saw them when I read in this threads from someone of you, that it has them… and I must say: It's not so cool after all. I expected something better. Maybe, if Flygon meets his mega, it'd be amazing. It's my last hope.

Mega Lopunny. What to say? Wait: isn't it from gen IV? So… is there a possibility of getting some more gen I and/or II and/or even gen IV megas? And what about gen V, when gen VI got its own mega, too?

I'm hoping for mega Seaking. It was my fav fish, until Lumineon spots the lights.

Anyways, when they continue in this spirit, we can expect more then 14–15 next TCG expansions with Megas. Sounds interesting, though I'd prefer to add 1 or 2 in next few sets. Who knows.

Almost forgot about Altaria. The “fluffy bird” (more then humming bird). Don't know what to think 'bout it, maybe: another not-so-good mega. Though megas are not considered as new stage and thus the design would change mostly slightly, I expected something more. That's why I don't really like Amphy (though it's my fav lightning type), Sableye and few other megas, since they're nothing more them ‘Amphy with hair’, ‘Sableye with gemstone’ etc.

Some of you may not agree with me, but in my opinion, Hoenn is my least favorite Generation. Here's why:

1.Most of the world is covered by water, meaning that there needs to be LOTS of Water types to populate said area. It doesn't help that Gen. 1 and 2 both had overdoses of Water types(Water is currently the most common type in the series, even moreso that Normal), and Gen. 3 added a freak-ton more.

2. To make matters worse, it seems that the gen. 1 water types that are in the Hoenn dex are the ones that most people hate. Okay, why in the world are Seaking, Golduck, Tentacruel and Starmie available, but not Lapras and the Poli family? It just doesn't make sense.

3. When did Ruby and Sapphire come out? March 2003. Okay. Now, when did FireRed/LeafGreen come out? SEPTEMBER 2004. Do you know what that means? It means, unless you played the spin-off games on the GameCube, anyone who purchased the Hoenn games day 1 had to wait for a YEAR AND A HALF to be able to complete the National Dex. :(

4. You know what else? You have to complete the Elite Four to be able to even TRADE with FR/LG.

5. It doesn't help that the Pokemon themselves are, at most, mediocre. Latios and Latias are the exact same design, except for Color. The only new Electric types are Plusle, Minun, and Manectric. Too bad that Plusle and Minun are just rip-offs of Pikachu(Who, by the way, is in Hoenn.), so really, there's just Manectric.

Well, at the very least, Mega Lopunny means that the Hoenn dex is expanding... maybe Game Freak will have the common sense to add more Pokemon to the dex that were left out for absolutely no reason (Eevelutions, Tyrogue family, etc). Until then, I'll be replaying the Gen. 3 games a lot to fill that Pokedex.Oh and Lucia has a pretty cute design.

M-Salamence: My first thought was "where are its front legs?" Then I looked closer. I'm extremely happy Salamence got a mega since it's one of my favorite dragons.

M-Altaria: My first thought "Maybe is should trade in my mattress for a mega Altaria. I wasn't quite expecting it but I'm not surprised it showed up.

M-Lopunny: My first thought "....that's random and so unexpected". I still don't know how I feel about this one.

*Prays to the Pokegods for a M-Flygon*

I don't really know how game mechanics work (stats, abilities, ect.) since I'm not a competitive battler I just know basics. As for the looks I'm sure they will grow on my since I plan on seeing a lot of M-Salemence.

On a half related note, I made a list after BW came out for my teams in Ruby/Sapphire remakes. I found that list today and realized with the release of megas (in XY and now) both of my teams are mostly have pokemon with megas with the exception of one on each team (if we get M-Flygon which I'm still praying for). With the exception of the starters and dragons (I need atleast one dragon on my team) I actually picked this team based on the pokemon I never used in my original RSE games because I wanted to try something new.

PS I know I mentioned this before but M-Flygon I need you.

Back