(1) BW4 'Dark Rush' Officially Revealed [10/7]

Oh cool. Can't wait to see what cards come in this set. I hope that Volcarona card is playable. It has an ability and I feel like we're lacking a good amount of playable fire Pokemon sometimes.

Afro-G said:
we're lacking a good amount of playable fire Pokemon sometimes.

oh ho ho

Well, I'm disappointed that's not a _Dark_ Volcorana, but I will deal. Looking forward to some good cards in this set, hopefully.

Edit: It's o..k. I guess. Not spectacular. Oh well.

dmaster out.

will the ability place 4 damage counters on the burned pokemon if it flipped tails, or anyway?
and does it get 8 if you got 2 volcaronas in play oO

anyway rly cool card!

Afro-G said:
It has an ability and I feel like we're lacking a good amount of playable fire Pokemon sometimes.

Run that by me again.

Volcarona is actually not bad. The fact that the current translations states that the Ability can stack makes Volcarona much better. Running this with Magby will be fun :3

Gliscor said:
Run that by me again.

Volcarona is actually not bad. The fact that the current translations states that the Ability can stack makes Volcarona much better. Running this with Magby will be fun :3
He said lacking. As in only a few good ones.

MQDropi said:
will the ability place 4 damage counters on the burned pokemon if it flipped tails, or anyway?
and does it get 8 if you got 2 volcaronas in play oO

anyway rly cool card!

that's what I want to know too.. :D

Yay for a 'somewhat' playable Volcarona ^^

For an energy discard you'll do 110 damage per turn, pretty nice.

if it is an auto 4 counters for burn plus a flip for burn in between turns this will be crazy

on a different note PIPLUP!!! yay

You gotta love how they gave Volcarona, who has base 100 speed in the video games a 3 retreat, while Ferrothron, who has 20 base speed, got retreat cost of two. This Volcarona still is a pretty neat card, could work well with Rapidash TM, or anything else that uses burn, that I am not thinking of.

Perhaps Houndoom Prime will be nice with volcarona, i think it has potential if its auto, but even if not it's still cool. Maybe even leafeonUD could work.

Wow volcarona Will make magby from triumphant a lot better. But Hgss cards wont be in standered much longer when this card comes out.

thepliskin5005 said:
Wow volcarona will make Magby from triumphant a lot better. But Hgss cards won't be in standered Huh? much longer when this card comes out.

Please spell.

I see the card as a tech in google for EXs, because Bursting Inferno, 80, 40 from Volcarona, then another 40, and the ex's (that I know of) can't ko SEL.

If this set will have trainers that benefit dark types then Ghetsis wii probably be featured as a trainer card? Or possibly even the Shadow Triad? Anyway the Volcarona looks cool.

Ghetsitis has a Hydreigon, which is a pretty important Dark type. He is also evil and dark is associated with evil.

The attack cost is {R}{C}{C}.
Did anyone notice that this Volcarona can actually attack for 2 energy and is compatible with Typhlosion? Looks like TyRam just got a fun side-attacker.
ohohohoho

I'm not sure if Volcarona does what you all think it does...let's see the card text.

Ability: Burning Scales
As long as this Pokemon is in play, place 4 damage counters on the opponent's Burned Pokemon between turns.

This sounds very similar to Full Flame, which is posted below.
74-full-flame.jpg

Full Flame required a coin flip.

As always, the Burn will require a coin flip. If tails, that Pokemon takes 4 damage counters. if heads, it takes none. (Does anyone remember Magmortar LV.X's Torrid Wave? or Grumpig LA's Magical Step?)
And the wording of the Ability does NOT indicate STACKING. It says "4 instead of 2"; it doesn't say "2 more".

Unless the translation got corrected since Gliscor's post, of course.

Back