(1) 'Black' and 'White' Video Footage: Intro, Starter Battles, Pokemon Battles [7/23]

Yeah maybe some RSE remake hints?! Btw. then about the trashed room... I think its because you actually battle Belle first and THEN Cheran! That would make more sense, they just showed us their battles the other way around xD

R/S/E got some of the best Pokemon. Metagross and Salamence came a-knocking.

RSE was my favourite generation for pokemon and it had the best music I believe anyway.

Diamond/Pearl are probably better gameplay and feature wise though. This new game looks like it's taking the goodness of both and putting them together. :D

Mucrush said:
Yeah maybe some RSE remake hints?! Btw. then about the trashed room... I think its because you actually battle Belle first and THEN Cheran! That would make more sense, they just showed us their battles the other way around xD

That's what I'm thinking too. Seeing Belle animation Sprite, I think she's a bit sloppy and hasty type. Like, She can't take control of her Pokemon then her Pokemon gone wild. Poor Black, There goes his room got messed up.

benny said:
It might sound dumb, but the rival battle music gave off an almost Mario Party-esque vibe to me.

That's not dumb at all, I'm getting Mario vibes off that music too....that's not a bad thing though :)

lotusoftheleaf said:
Loved the videos. The music is awesome. I like that the battle theme gets dire when your Pokémon is low on health. With that addition, I really see no need for the beeping.

Also, if you notice, the beeping goes in rhythm with the dire music.

The music to me sounds really cool. I also like the feature that the player can move the camera around during battle.

Wow, I love that introduction. The music is already blowing me out of my seat from how amazing, catchy, and addicting it is. It makes me want to play the games even more since the music is a huge part of the Pokemon video games for me. The new battle scenes are cool as well although I'm disappointed there were no new Pokemon revealed in the battle.

dmaster out.

They probably won't be revealing much in videos since there is still a while till the official release of the games. The introduction was great. The music at the beginning was nice as well as the battle music. Pokemon Black and White will be one of the best games after looking at some of the videos IMO. Though I have to play it myself to actually really find out if the games are great or not.

Anyone notice when someone presses A (in B/W), a sound effect from R/B/Y comes up? Or near that era, I never played R/B/Y just watched videos.

Maybe the trashed room comes from when Professor Aragi in the intro comes in and out of the house...? IMO.

But otherwise, I love everything in B/W. I started hating it, but now its amazing.

That battle music! I'm in love with it! I couldn't stop humming it today @_@
It sounds like the perfect theme for the "we just got our first pokemon, let's battle!" battle.

I'm also liking the fact that you can see evidence of a Pokemon battle in your room XD
I will totally be importing this game *v*

Also love the little animation of Belle struggling to get a Pokeball out of her purse XD

Nice videos. So the sprite animations for weakened Pokémon slow down if they're low on health. That's a nice touch. It's too bad they didn't show us the cry for Musharna (or was it just too quiet compared to the music?), but I guess that's a minor thing.

Can't wait for the news this weekend. :)

I'm really impressed with these videos. Pokémon is evolving as a series and the more it grows the more we get to enjoy it. (Someone should make montage of the pokémon timeline..)

Xous said:
Nice videos. So the sprite animations for weakened Pokémon slow down if they're low on health. That's a nice touch. It's too bad they didn't show us the cry for Musharna (or was it just too quiet compared to the music?), but I guess that's a minor thing.

Can't wait for the news this weekend. :)
I haven't really noticed that Pokemon slow down if they're low on health. I have to re-watch the video to see that. I really think that they did a great job with the movement of the Pokemon sprites during battle.

Back