(1) 'Black' and 'White' Video Footage: Intro, Starter Battles, Pokemon Battles [7/23]

So if you the trainer picks a fire starter then Cheren gets the water type and Bell gets a grass type which seems pretty cool. Also whoever bedroom they're in is very messy (I'm guessing Bell's room).

The videos are loading really slow for me....I hope these get uploaded on youtube soon. :(

Since Cheren get's the pokemon strong to yours....and Bel get's the one weak to you.

It would be interesting if your main rival is Cheren but Bel considers you to be her main rival.....whereas Cheren see's Bel as his main rival. (Main competition)

Like some kind of rival triangle.

Just finished watching Oha Suta(at least i think its over) and i didn't see any new pokemon=(
but i don't know Japanese so i don't know if they released any new info.

Oha Suta revealed nothing btw. Except that in a Triple Battle, surf hits everyone else:
MijumaruSurf.jpg

The camera control looks spectacular. I presume this is the "Shooter" function. Wouldn't be awesome if you could snap photos of battles and save to a SD card? I can hope!

wait, I just noticed that the terrain for pokemon encounters are so simple. like when you encounter a pokemon in a grass, there is just one big green circle... no more grass like in D/P/Pt. @_@

Loved the videos. The music is awesome. I like that the battle theme gets dire when your Pokémon is low on health. With that addition, I really see no need for the beeping. The starters' cries are cool sounding. I like Mijumaru's the best.

Battles look amazing. I was a little disappointed that the attack Wargle used, Free Fall I'm assuming, didn't involve its sprite actually flying to Chiraamii and carrying it up and offscreen. Still, the constant sprite animation is beautiful. It makes battling look much more exciting, and I can't wait to see my favorites from past generations moving around on screen during battles.

Still anxiously waiting for Denchura's front sprite to be shown, or better yet, its Sugimori artwork.

I really like the music in this game....in particular in the video I liked the music when you were fighting Musharna. It seems different from pokemon themes we've heard before but it still feels like pokemon.

I like the music when you were fighting Cheren and Bel too.....it's like Mario music and Pokemon Music had a child :p

Have you guys noticed how the Wii is the only thing in the room that escaped getting thrashed after the battle?

The music was really nice and the sound effects are cool too. I'm not fond of the Tsutaja's cry, but that's something that I could get over with.

I'm really happy about the introduction. It's fresh. But I hate the camera angle due to the horrible walking animation and characters looking distorted because of their position.

The music was pretty nice, but I can't completely judge it yet.

Not impressed overall actually. We really didn't get anything that we didn't know about. It did look pretty good though even if it is in low quality.

Full Moon said:
Oh lord...its bringing back memories of Ruby and Sapphire...ewww D: It sounds like it came strait out of 3 gen...

Maybe it has all these similar music because of the Hoenn remakes? I mean look at luvdisc's new evo.

lol, I just realized in the short clip of the battle with Belle. Look at Tsutaja. Around 2:47, it's crossing its arms and tapping its foot like it's saying, "Make your move already". Then it somewhat moves its head up like it's saying, "Come on. Fight me." or something like that.

Gen 3 and Gen 2 is my childhood. I take it personally when someone disses them.

But whatever. Without bias I can say that the music doesn't sound anything like RSE to me. If someone can point out how it sounds that way then please tell me.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Why does everyone hate R/S so much? It's my favorite generation after the original. :p
I don't hate R/S. I dislike it. I just love the music, that's all.

Man, I was all for the dynamic camera, but after seeing those videos, I'm gonna need some time to get used to the constant... dynamicalness, 'cuz that gave me a head-ache.
Love the music though. And Mijumaru's sudden karate stance, that was cool.

Back