(1) 'Black' and 'White' Video Footage: Intro, Starter Battles, Pokemon Battles [7/23]

we are all on this site watching these videos at the same time, its slowing the site down its not the video players. just to many people.
at least thats what i think

the battle scenes are sick, almost makes up for the new pokemon looking dumb

Code:
[root@dravis ~]# vnstat -l -i eth1
Monitoring eth1...    (press CTRL-C to stop)

rx:     438.50 kB/s  5902 p/s            tx:   12020.04 kB/s  8366 p/s

eth1  /  traffic statistics

rx       |       tx
--------------------------------------+----------------------------------------
  bytes                    490.59 MB  |      12.83 GB
          max            525.15 kB/s  |    11.74 MB/s
      average            447.74 kB/s  |    11.71 MB/s
          min            387.06 kB/s  |    11.73 MB/s
  packets                    6673822  |       9424537
          max               6142 p/s  |      8517 p/s
      average               5948 p/s  |      8399 p/s
          min               5735 p/s  |      8318 p/s
  time                 18.70 minutes

You guys have fully saturated a 100Mbps link. Great job.

I knew I should have splurged for the gigabit.

you can battle your 2 rivals and get your pokemon in 1 min,probally with the blablabla you can trully start you journey in 4 min
moar.jpg

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE WORST POKEMON GAMES EVER!!

CRAPPY BATTLE MUSIC AND THE STARTERS DONOT EVOVLE UNTIL AFTER LEVEL 50??? SERIOUSLY COMMON NINTENDO!!!
BACK TO THE BATTLES??? NOTHING EVEN HAPPENS THE POKEMON JUST STAND THERE FOR A WHILE THEN GOES BACK TO SHOWING THE CHARACTERS AGAIN!?!?!?!!? IS IT JUST RANDOM WHO WINS NOW AND YOU DONT EVEN GET TO PCIK YOURE OWN MOVES OR WHAT??? IAM VERY DISSAPOINTED IN NINYOUVEGOTTOBEKIDDINGMEDO FOR DOING THIS TO WHAT USE TO BE SUCH A GREAT CLASS GAME!!! I WILL NOT BE BUYING OR EVEN THINKING ABOUT PLAYING THIESE GAMES AND YOU SHOULDNT EITHER!!!

Please don't type in all capital letters. Thank you. ~Xous

Whoa. WHOAA!! WHHHOOOOAA! The graphics are, like, sexy! I think it'll be something I am to look forward to download a ROM when the games are released in Japan. I love Tsutaja's cry, it sounds like it's sad!! ;A;

Pimplup said:
THIS IS GOING TO BE THE WORST POKEMON GAMES EVER!!

CRAPPY BATTLE MUSIC AND THE STARTERS DONOT EVOVLE UNTIL AFTER LEVEL 50??? SERIOUSLY COMMON NINTENDO!!!
BACK TO THE BATTLES??? NOTHING EVEN HAPPENS THE POKEMON JUST STAND THERE FOR A WHILE THEN GOES BACK TO SHOWING THE CHARACTERS AGAIN!?!?!?!!? IS IT JUST RANDOM WHO WINS NOW AND YOU don't EVEN GET TO PCIK YOURE OWN MOVES OR WHAT??? IAM VERY DISSAPOINTED IN NINYOUVEGOTTOBEKIDDINGMEDO FOR DOING THIS TO WHAT USE TO BE SUCH A GREAT CLASS GAME!!! I WILL NOT BE BUYING OR EVEN THINKING ABOUT PLAYING THIESE GAMES AND YOU SHOULDNT EITHER!

WOW you're confused. Ever heard of a debug copy?

There's no way they'd have those starters like that at level 50.

And I'm sure they used the debug copy to make the text slow so people could read it. Not only that, the videos are being slow.

AND not only that, it isn't a walkthrough it's a showcase. They were showcasing the start of a game, not showing you how to beat your rivals.

The ability to think is a gift. You shouldn't neglect a gift that badly, it's really rude.

Wow the new Pokemon sure look pretty weird. Well some of them. Triple battles????? Are you serious? Man they are going to be hard. I have rarely done double battles but 3 on 3 is going to be hard. Soon we will have 6 on 6 I bet XD.:)

Pimplup, don't quit your day job.

Also, judging from the second video, you get to move the camera around a bit in-game. Not sure what use it would have in battle, though.

hallibut said:
Pimplup, don't quit your day job.

Also, judging from the second video, you get to move the camera around a bit in-game. Not sure what use it would have in battle, though.

But... uhh...

I could have SWORN that was confirmed. At some point. By someone. I REMEMBER that. I just don't remember who, what, when, or where.

Majora_787 said:
WOW you're confused. Ever heard of a debug copy?

There's no way they'd have those starters like that at level 50.

And I'm sure they used the debug copy to make the text slow so people could read it. Not only that, the videos are being slow.

AND not only that, it isn't a walkthrough it's a showcase. They were showcasing the start of a game, not showing you how to beat your rivals.

The ability to think is a gift. You shouldn't neglect a gift that badly, it's really rude.

HOW DO YOU NO THAT??? WHY SHOULD I LESTIN TO YOU ANYWAY??

The second video is just Pokemon battling which seem cool. I still have to watch the first video. But is taking a while to load. ]:|

Pimplup said:
HOW DO YOU NO THAT??? WHY SHOULD I LESTIN TO YOU ANYWAY??

Everyone with common sense knows that. Developers have their own special copy of the game, as do playtesters. =\ They obviously wouldn't be showing the completed public-inteded game, way back when we got our first screenshots of the game.

And you know? I think your caps lock is hurting your brain to the point where I don't think you can listen to me. =\ I'm just telling you to get it out of the way.

I actually killed time on youtube until the videos worked. They took forever. xD Haha. But I like the pokemon animations. They're cool. But one thing I noticed, back in the first videos, didn't Entei have slight movements when he got hit or attacked?

Twide said:
i think pimplup is a troll

Don't worry, they are.

I honestly don't know why people complain about how these guys look weird. =P It's pokemon, they all look weird. I mean geeze, it's not a pokemon if it looks extremely normal.

Majora_787 said:
Everyone with common sense knows that. Developers have their own special copy of the game, as do playtesters. =\ They obviously wouldn't be showing the completed public-inteded game, way back when we got our first screenshots of the game.

And you know? I think your caps lock is hurting your brain to the point where I don't think you can listen to me. =\ I'm just telling you to get it out of the way.

I actually killed time on youtube until the videos worked. They took forever. xD Haha. But I like the pokemon animations. They're cool. But one thing I noticed, back in the first videos, didn't Entei have slight movements when he got hit or attacked?

SORRY MY CAPS WONT TURN OFF :-(
BUT WHY NOT JUST RELASE THE GAME NOW!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
IM SORRY NINTEDNO!!! I WILL BUY THESE GAMES AND PLAY THEM JUST LONG AS MAJORA IS RIGHT!!!!

Please stop posting until your caps lock turns off then. ~ Gale

Acedia said:
Did anyone else notice that Pokabu hasn't gained any EXP during the battle with Cheren even though the player has already fought Belle?
That's a good point, but when the player fights Belle, your room is perfectly normal. Right before you fight Cheren, your room is messed up. Unless you have a magic room, you should fight Belle first.

I know that these are debug copies, but...the wild Musharna was found at level 11. Level 11?

Now that I look at it, Gear Saucer looks like it should hurt a LOT more than it did in the video...I mean, you're in between two massive gears, and they're rotating with you in the middle. Wouldn't that...um...HURT?

The music definitely is...unique. The Wild Pokémon theme, especially the beginning (Can be seen easily in the beginning of the 2nd vid), reminds me of R/S/E. Didn't like that generation too much, but I loved the music, so that's definitely a plus. I also like the fact that the music changes when your HP gets to red. The theme that plays when battling with Cheren and Belle is quick, fun, and quirky, which is what a battle between friends is supposed to be; fun. That theme really captures the point of a friendly battle.

Ah, and the battle camera...it's weird. I don't really know what else to say about it. If I say I like it, people will bash me about how bad it is. If I hate on it, people will say "it's not that bad" or "maybe you can turn it off" or something like that.

can sun1 translate the battle scenes i want to know the attacks than the news pokemons have d:

thx

Back