(1) 'Black' and 'White' Prerelease Leaks! [9/16]

Where are you people getting that Earthquake isn't a TM? It's been TM 26 since the first generation, and they have yet to list what TM 26 is in B/W, so...it's probably EQ.

The entire game is supposed to be about the sky. The sky trio is based off Raijin, not Alladin.

I know that. I just called them the "Genies" because that's what they look like. I also have a tendency to call Entei/Suicune/Raikou the legendary "Dogs", even though it's obvious that they're not all dogs.

@setosama: It doesn't HAVE to make sense. nobody HAS to get it. but it all does have a point, whether you understand it or not. all I ask is if you're going to complain about something being stupid, know about it first. Read some of the "On the Origin of Species" articles on Bulbapedia.

@PokéMontage: It bugs me when people call them the dogs for some reason. Even though they're more like cats than anything, that bugs me too. the "Beasts" is the only title that seems to fit in my head.

slightly more on topic: Randorosu's thing behind it's head looks like a hammer. I just realized that. it fits my theory though.

Pokemontage said:
Nothing was supposed to ever come close to it's special attacking capabilities. You can deny it, but that's just the way it was meant to be.

Wow, someone LOVES stating their opinions as fact! Where does Gamefreak state that Alakazam is, and forever will be, the end all be all special attacker, and nothing will ever supass him? Nowhere but your Alakazam fanboy mind >> Seriously, you don't like something surpassing Alakazam because you're so obsessed with him? Understandable, but stop attempting to pass of as "fact" that they are "not supposed to do it", and they are "changing the way the game was meant to be". Quite frankly, as much as I sometimes hate it, they can do whatever they want.

And just to note:
They had to nerf the Psychic-type in the second generation (a bit of an over-nerf if you ask me) just to keep Alakazam in check.

Correction, they had to "nerf" the Psychic type as a whole. It had 2 technical weaknesses, which at that point, did not count (yeah, try beating Mewtwo with Lick or Pin Missile) Jeez, give it up, the game did not freaking evolve around Alakazam!

And if you are talking about competitive battling, (which I don't engage in myself but occasionally check Smogon to get ideas for move sets) Alakazam is in UU tier. He may have been the second or third most powerful in RBY, but like most RBY monsters, the later gens ruined him. Give up the ghost, sheesh. They ruined my precious Hypno by making him have high sp def and low sp atk (I play purely offensive) but I don't go around saying "THEY CAN'T DO THAT! HYPNO WASN'T MEANT TO HAVE HIGH SP DEF!"

I have to dissect this next post now:

Why should there be a pure-flying type?

WHY NOT?! It's a type, and there's NO reason it shouldn't be done!

First of all, it doesn't fit the Genie trio since the other two are dual-typed.

This part is true, it's rather inconsistent that one is single typed while the other is dual typed.

Second of all, you tell me why every flying type up until this point has been forced to be a dual type. Every "regular" bird has been forced to have the normal typing slapped on, and flying has NEVER been the main typing of any Pokemon. It's always been relegated to the secondary typing. This obviously implies that they never meant for any Pokemon to have a pure flying typing barring the Godly Arceus who can become any pure typing with a plate.

There is no good reason for that, and no explanation for it. However, my point is, just because they have not done it in the past, does not mean they should NEVER do it. It is FULLY POSSIBLE for them to break their non-sense making trend and finally make a pure flying type, and I'm glad they did, if only to piss narrow minded people like you off. I never thought, of all the complaints I'd see about B/W, that a unique type (that's not horribly bad like grass/ice) would be one of them -.-

...does nobody read any of my posts anymore? All the answers to these debates I've either brought up a point to and (somewhat) explained, or at least brought up a theory of why this is that and whatnot.

@ EeveeLv99

I wasn't complaining about the order not being entirely logical. I was trying to provide further possible reasons as to why it was organized that way. And poke fun at some of the possible reasons too. :D

I am complaining about how little love/time the Johto remakes got. Barely even get a full year with them and new info comes out for Gen 5... DP lasted about a year and a half to 2 years before platinum came out. Hell, I don't even remember FireRed and LeafGreen coming out that quick and getting pushed aside for Emerald! :/

@EeveeLv99, sorry, you're right. I was just so annoyed with Pokemontage's narrow minded views that I overlooked your post. You actually offer a good explanation as to the Flying/Normal dilema (I still think it's stupid that they do that, though)

And even with that explanation, it's still fully possible and fully within Gamefreak's power to make a pure Flying type regardless to what Pokemontage believes.

Also Pokemontage, I have some news. Kecleon and the Porygons can also become pure Flying type. I just remembered that now. So stop bringing Arceus deity status up, that is just a game technicality like the other 4 that can become pure flying.

Wow, someone LOVES stating their opinions as fact! Where does Gamefreak state that Alakazam is, and forever will be, the end all be all special attacker, and nothing will ever supass him? Nowhere but your Alakazam fanboy mind >> Seriously, you don't like something surpassing Alakazam because you're so obsessed with him? Understandable, but stop attempting to pass of as "fact" that they are "not supposed to do it", and they are "changing the way the game was meant to be". Quite frankly, as much as I sometimes hate it, they can do whatever they want.

If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it probably is a duck. I don't need the person who designed it to tell me that Alakazam was meant to be the ultimate special attacker because it's OBVIOUS.The Psychic type was the ultimate special typing when it was created, and Alakazam had the best special attack to go along with it outside of Mewtwo, along with one of the highest speeds and the lowest defense.
This is Pokemon, the concepts aren't really that complicated. Not my fault if you can't see it.

Frankly, giving a chandelier more special attack than the walking embodiment of "psychic" is silly, to put it nicely.

Correction, they had to "nerf" the Psychic type as a whole. It had 2 technical weaknesses, which at that point, did not count (yeah, try beating Mewtwo with Lick or Pin Missile) Jeez, give it up, the game did not freaking evolve around Alakazam!

Correction, they had to nerf the Psychic type mostly because of Alakazam and Mewtwo. If neither of those existed, they most likely would not have decided to heavily nerf the Psychic type because none of the other Psychic types were as difficult to deal with.

And even with that explanation, it's still fully possible and fully within Gamefreak's power to make a pure Flying type regardless to what Pokemontage believes

Obviously it's within their power...that doesn't mean that it's a good idea. If they felt like it, they could make a pile of dog excrement with a Psychic/Electric typing and the ability No Guard and call it a day.

Point is, their actions of the past have always shown that they had no intention of making a pure flying type. I don't see why they decided to change their opinion now.

On another note, Raijin was the thunder/lightning God, so it would have made more sense for that the second Genie to be a pure electric type.
As for the ground/flying type...I have no idea what the heck that's based on.

Johto got a LOT of love. It's the only game that's made to be as personal as it is. You play the game and have a pokemon following you (that happened only in yellow before) and you get to have a pokemon from your game follow you in real life (My pokewalker has Mew in it ironically)
Fire red and Leaf green were out for only a few months before Emerald bashed them down like Whack-a-Digletts, if you forgot about that.

@ Tarazuma

I think what Pokemontage is getting at is that until this point, there was no NATURAL flying type in the game.

Another plus about the games is the amount of 1st's/Risks they are making/taking.

Plenty of these type combo's have LONG awaited their debut as natural typings in the Pokemon World and that is one MAJOR plus side to these games.

@EeveeLv99

Are you talking about them coming out in Japan or coming out elsewhere with FRLG vs Emerald? FireRed and LeafGreen did deserve a little more love than they got as well... Emerald is GODLY though, but FireRed and LeafGreen are REALLY awesome. Except for the fact that the link battle is the RSE Trainer Battle theme... Even when connecting 2 Kanto Games!

I'm referring to only getting less than a year on a pair of games which deserve MORE than a whole year on the scene. Tourney and otherwise. SERIOUSLY! PLATINUM GOT MORE VGCs THAN THESE GAMES!!!

Obviously it's within their power...that doesn't mean that it's a good idea. If they felt like it, they could make a pile of dog excrement with a Psychic/Electric typing and the ability No Guard and call it a day.

Man, That thing and Infernape would be on my double battle team together!
Infernape used Helping Hand!
Turd used Tackle!
Target should've closed it's mouth! It's Super effective!

On another note, Raijin had nothing to do with the wind. He was the thunder/lightning God, so it would have made more sense for that the second Genie to be a pure electric type.
As for the ground/flying type...I have no idea what the heck that's based on.

Last time I checked, the wind/sky had as much to do with Lightning as much as Lightning has to do with Thunder. There's probably another bit of the myths we're missing, but I'm too tired to read wiki pages right now

The Psychic type was the ultimate special typing when it was created, and Alakazam had the best special attack to go along with it outside of Mewtwo, along with one of the highest speeds and the lowest defense.

Yeah, key word here being WAS. In case you missed it, 4 more generations have come out since then. You really think that in all that time, no other Pokemon would surpass Alakazam? As I said, Porygon Z already has the same Sp Atk, only 1 weakness, and is immune to ghost. So he is already better then Alakazam. I think you need to get some retroactive Porygon Z hate going! Also, the ghost chandelier has more weakness then both of them combined, so it sorta balances out.

Correction, they had to nerf the Psychic type mostly because of Alakazam and Mewtwo. If neither of those existed, they most likely would not have decided to heavily nerf the Psychic type because none of the other Psychic types were as difficult to deal with.

Right...so you think that, even if Alakazam and Mewtwo didn't exist, that they would NEVER make psychic types as powerful then them, thus psychic would be able to keep it's essential 0 weaknesses (until they actually made some damage dealing bug and ghost moves) Again you are basing everything off RBY. Come on, do you think they would REALLY keep the psychic type that powerful, and not make anymore powerful psychics, for the entire span of the series?

Btw, in RBY, I beat powerful Alakazam's in 1 hit with Fearow's drill peck >> Even in Pokemon Stadium, where the computer cheats. So he wasn't THAT great unless you were dealing with something he could outspeed and beat in 1 hit. But, sadly, all the G1 monsters were better in RBY then in all other gens. I could beat the entire game with Hypno if I wanted to.

Uhhh. No offence, but is this a thread to discuss about Alakazam? Don't over discuss about something that's not of the topic, or the mods will lock. Back to the 5th generation, what is your favourite Pokemon, since all of it is revealed?

@ Tarazuma

Charizard would like a word with you on that.

@Drakeman

I like about a handful of them... Can't pick a favorite for this gen, since I don't really like most of them... Some look VERY nice, others have GODLY stats.

Special Atk became 109 and he got belly drum as an egg move.

He's actually one of the few that improved in the shift between RGBY and GSC I think... Can't think of many others...

Well then I hope some other past-gen monsters are improved when transfered over to B/W then, since it's already been confirmed that some of them get new abilities, like Vaporeon.

In response to your question Drakeman, my favorite of the 5th gen is a tie between Desukan, and Meguroko's final evo =)

@ Tarazuma: Meguroko's final evolution looks awesome! But it wouldbe better if it has spikes on its back. Maybe it has, because only the front part is visible. My favourite Generation 5 Pokemon so far is between Kirikizan, Sazando and Pandoraa.

Yeah, key word here being WAS. In case you missed it, 4 more generations have come out since then. You really think that in all that time, no other Pokemon would surpass Alakazam? As I said, Porygon Z already has the same Sp Atk, only 1 weakness, and is immune to ghost. So he is already better then Alakazam. I think you need to get some retroactive Porygon Z hate going!

Yeah, he WAS because that's what he WAS designed to be, hence why I am saying that I don't agree with GF changing that.
I don't like that Porygon Z competed with Alakazam for that spot either, however it was slightly more understandable since Porygon Z was an artificial Pokemon altered by humans, and it technically didn't surpass Alakazam's special attack.

The ghost/fire chandelier has no excuse for being better.

Come on, do you think they would REALLY keep the psychic type that powerful, and not make anymore powerful psychics, for the entire span of the series?

Notice the emphasis I put on "heavily." Psychic obviously needed a nerfing, but I doubt it would have been as extreme if it wasn't for Alakazam and Mewtwo.

Btw, in RBY, I beat powerful Alakazam's in 1 hit with Fearow's drill peck >> Even in Pokemon Stadium, where the computer cheats. So he wasn't THAT great unless you were dealing with something he could outspeed and beat in 1 hit.

Alakazam was an unbeatable beast if you knew how to use him at all. Congrats on beating one with a fearow, but that's not indicative of anything.

On another note, I agree that Waburiaru is awesome.

I'm kinda confused, will you be able to catch pokemon from older generations after the national dex? or can you
only encounter them in the dream world?

Back