(1) 'Black' and 'White' American Release Date: April? [10/5]

March 2nd? Holy crap, I hope that's true.

Sadly it probably isn't, given that Gamestop's not exactly a definitive source on this stuff. But still...

EDIT: OK, two questions. Why does the word crap come up as crud? It's not even a bad word. And why do I seem to be unable to quote posts? Because I tried to quote Bluemoon's post and I couldn't.

The word you're trying to use but instead comes out as crud may be considered a bad word to some (especially to parents of some of the younger users of the boards), so the filter is there.

As for the quoting issue, it's a glitch that we're trying to fix.

On-topic, I don't really care about a U.S. release date for Black and White at this point in time, though I wouldn't be opposed to finding it out. I just wish they'd do something about Arceus and the Jewel of Life's still unannounced U.S. release date.

If what Gamestop said was right, then we have about 199 days until it is released. That is too long in my opinion. I agree with Xous, I want to finish having the trilogy on DVD.

As at least a dozen other people have said, the fact that April 22nd is not a Sunday makes it hard to believe. Let's take a look at Pokemon release date history, shall we?:

Pokemon Red/Blue - September 30, 1998 - Wednesday
Pokemon Yellow - October 25, 1999 - Monday
Pokemon Gold/Silver - October 15, 2000 = Sunday
Pokemon Crystal - July 29, 2001 = Sunday
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire - March 17, 2003 = Monday
Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen - September 7, 2004 = Tuesday
Pokemon Emerald - May 1, 2005 = Sunday
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl - April 22, 2007 = Sunday
Pokemon Platinum - March 22, 2009 = Sunday
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver - March 14, 2010 = Sunday

(ps I did this all without a calendar. yay me)

Looking at this trend, I only see four games that were not released on Sunday, none of which are recent. (and two of them are Gen I at that) Even then, none of these listed have even been released on a Friday, which further discredits the idea of April 22nd. GameStop also isn't exactly reliable, looking at its past history. (Hmm, was HGSS released on April 1st? Methinks not)

March 2nd also isn't very believeable because it's on a Wednesday. Again, refer to the Sunday release trend over the past five years. Odds are if it's not on a Sunday, it's fake. I wouldn't expect any official release dates for at least a month or two.

Okay I can say this for a fact game stop does not have a date for the game as of yet. I picked up my ranger game today and paid the rest of my preorder for black and white off. Go me and the skill into talking people in to getting chrismas gifts so early that they forget thet have gotten them. It was post about the shiny 3 dogs, you are spose to get them with ranger in a mission after you play the game though. And it is going to be a midnight release to, the web page for black and white is almost up http://www.pokemon.com/blackwhite/en/

Who care's when it come's out i like waiting!! iv been doing it 15 year's anywhoo 6 months not to long :D But i do live in ireland and we get the games last like a month or 2 after Usa release dates so i probably wont get the game untill summer2011

Well, Pokémon games are often released on the 22nd. Look at Platinum and Diamond & Pearl. Despite this, however, I doubt the date is true. Gamestop is usually bad when it comes to release dates.

This date is most likely untrue, and about that event thing, everybody go to your local gamestop and interrogate them about the Event, see if they know anthing.

Has there been a card set release before the corresponding video game?

Wait... is Gamestop even supposed to "know" about Zoroark yet, or did I miss something?

Xous said:
On-topic, I don't really care about a U.S. release date for Black and White at this point in time, though I wouldn't be opposed to finding it out. I just wish they'd do something about Arceus and the Jewel of Life's still unannounced U.S. release date.

This.

Times infinity.

We all know the games will come out next spring, there's no real question about it. Is the exact date really that important at this point in time?

On the other hand.. What the heck happened to the Arceus movie?! Been almost a year and my shelf is looking awfully incomplete over there. >__>

I went to a Gamestop and they had that date too. I was told that it was just an estimate for preorders' sake.

Think its real, or atleast a good estimate.
Should have been translated and shipped within a week or japans release.
Only wish it came out on saturdays. Dont know about you but i have more time to play and go around on saturdays. Plus, school is on monday so less game time. Ill live though.
The zoroark and crown beast events will come around the movie time like usual.
Also dont go looking for one online anywhere! If the beast has been used, it wont unlock your event to.

As many have said already, it's tentative without doubt. But $40?! pwah, so cheap, though even if I import it: exchange rate + tax = same or higher price than it would be once it comes out here in Australia.

@Warrior Weasel: That's weird ... if you're talking about the DVD, we have it here ...

So i work at Gamestop in the midwest. The thing about the release dates listed in the stores is that they are not binding. The game companies have absolutely not legal binding to hold to the release date that Gamestop has. While Pokemon B/W is listed for late April right now, Nintendo always has the right and ability to change when they want to release it.

From experience, Gamestop has never come out and said what a pre-order bonus is this far in advance- especially for pokemon. Pokemon pre-order bonuses are usually announced officially to Gamestop and employees about two to three months in advance. I wouldn't expect to hear anything about a pre-order bonus for another few months.

Usashi said:
@Warrior Weasel: That's weird ... if you're talking about the DVD, we have it here ...

"Here" must not refer to the US. I can't even find any sniff of a tentative preorder date.

Ah, but now we're going off topic.

You can't rely on ANY kind of date given by an online shop, none of them is actually reliable. Anyway, the games will obviously be out on march or april, since release date is next spring, and that's the usual USA release date for pokemon games. The exact day isn't really important, since it doesn't change anything if it's on 10, 15 or 22, the only real difference is having to wait a little longer or not.

Sweet Dawn Berlitz said:
$40.00 is the base starting price. It was the same for Platinum and HG/SS.

(And no, I don't believe the Pokewalker is included in B/W.)

Nope, there's where you're wrong. It was $35 base starting price for Platinum. It was $40 for HG/SS ONLY for the fact that they included the Pokewalker. This is highway robbery if they don't include something in the games.

dmaster out.

40 dollars? April 22nd? That's a lot of money and a lot of time from now. What happened to the games coming out in about four months after the Japanese release like Ruby and Sapphire? I believe this is just a placeholder. I doubt GameStop knows for sure. Heck, if this is true then we've got a greater wait than HGSS on our hands.

And I could handle HGSS being $40.00 since it came with the PokeWalker, but what is the excuse for these games?

Back