(1) 'Black 2' and 'White 2' Promotional Anime Trailer in English! [8/8]

The trailer sucked and only reminded me of why I watch subbed anime.

Rival (Sean Schemmel): "Hey, heads up! I'm about to unleash my rage!"

Kaioken_x2.jpg

Sean Schemmel also voiced Lucario and Cyrus btw. Not a shock they asked him to be a part of this trailer. His voice is always a joy to hear for a Dragonball fan like myself.

I KNEW that was Sean. Everyone on chat: "lol that's not goku you nub"

I actually liked it very much, the dub could have been worse. Bianca, N, and Colress were probably my favorites, they fit perfectly with the voices. And like I said when the trailer originally came out, the action and battles far outdo the regular anime. Hopefully they'll take the hint.

raymond25962 said:
I second this. The dub just sounded wrong for some reason. It sounds so much better in Japanese.

I third this, the voices had heavy accents on them, but it's nice to see this in english.

Bianca's voice was :\.

I wasn't quite impressed by the dubbing, but the overall animation was pretty awesome.

I just realized... Is that Crispin Freeman as Colress? O.O

it sounds like him... But it could be any generic deep voice actor... =/

Corless sounds somewhat familiar, and the female protagonist definitely sounds like a past character... Annie or Oakley? Casey? Someone.

"It's not japanese! IT SOUNDS TERRIBLE!"

Kay, I gotta say, this is actually really good, save a few voices such as the male protagonist, the shadow triad, and N. cheren's alright. Other than that, the voices are great.

Also Chariblaze, yep, It's definitely Oakley. I've played enough Sonic and watched enough Pokemon, to notice Lisa Ortiz when I hear her~

Setosama said:
I just realized... Is that Crispin Freeman as Colress? O.O

it sounds like him... But it could be any generic deep voice actor... =/
I'm thinking the same.

Chariblaze said:
Corless sounds somewhat familiar, and the female protagonist definitely sounds like a past character... Annie or Oakley? Casey? Someone.
Yep, Lisa Ortiz.

Well I can't say the trailer left as much of an impression as the Japanese version did, but I've heard worse dubs... I thought that Colress, the female plasma grunt and the Shadow Triad guy had good voices (basically anyone from Team Plasma) and the female protagonist's was pretty good, but other than that I was a bit disappointed. It's not always the voices themselves as much as it is how the lines are changed and how the characters are made out to be. I feel like Cheren and Hugh's voices should have been switched... The male protagonist's voice was a bit too Ash-like to me, he could have sounded a bit more mature like the girl did. Elesa also sounded too young and happy and casual in this, it didn't quite fit her face as it did in the Japanese version.

And that's my rant for the day.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot about Bianca. She was... actually not peppy enough if you ask me. Too old-sounding like Cheren. :/ Oh and there's N too. He was pretty much the worst voice, they could have done a much better job on him.

It's ok.The only thing is that Hyper Beam was like Dark Beam...?
Or any like {D} Move...
Whatever...hope this NOT gonna be in the game.(Haven't seen how Hyper Beam is in the Japanese Game)

I rarely care about voice acting enough to complain, but some voices, Hugh, N, and Bianca, [Elesa & Kyouhei too] weren't what I expected.
ediT: wait a second...is that...Griffith on Cheren?

Back