(1) Basic 'Video Game Championship' Rules Announced [2/9]

Without any item boosts, a Modest Kyogre Ice Beam doesn't kill a 0Hp/ 0 SDef Groudon (almost does, but not enough). Add in some defensive EVs and maybe a Yache Berry, and Groudon can pretty much shrug it off.

Yes.But still.Theres nothing like a Scarf Kyogre ruining your day.It can still Water Spout for alot of damenge.

True, but that's why you send in Groudon - Drought cuts Water Spout's damage in half, and leading with another scarfer faster than Kyogre can hit him hard, lowering his damage output even further.

But I see what you're saying, and Kyogre is pretty scary. But you can still prepare beforehand.

i cant wait, i do not know what the ubers will be.
I hope thet set up a league system like in TCG.

I like the Level Rule as well as limiting the use of those strong Ubers. Every team will definitely have the maximum of two but whatever. Good luck to anybody participating.

dmaster out.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Okay wait now I get it...

You are also limited to using a maximum of two Pokemon out of the list of Dialga, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Lugia, Mewtwo, Palkia, and Rayquaza, meaning you will never see three of these Pokemon on one team.

I never even thought of your original interpretation. They should written the rule a bit clearer.

I'm stoked for this, i've been teambuilding for months now and it's good to know that that hasnt gone to waste, well it kind of has, :p But yeah, i'm excited, and people are getting overworked about Ubers being allowed. now this isn't just me but ubers arent all that scary. any pokemon with about 226 attack and a LO can OHKO your average kyogre, which when you think about it isn't hard at all. Yes they were uber for a reason but that doesn't mean they arent unstoppable, expecially in Doubles.

So here's my advice to anyone trying to do this, look at the list of ubers allowed, along with other doubles threats, and see if you have a way to handle each of those things. Or if you would rather just go all out, come up with a strategy such as rain dance or sunny day sweeping and be able to take out said problems for doubles.

Here's another tip, WATCH OUT FOR SHEDINJA. He's the new big threat for 2010 doubles with all the rain flying around, be prepared for him cause without an answer to him, he will always win.

Hi everyone, I've been a regular reader of the site but only an occasional lurker on the forums.

With the new rules, does anyone know if HGSS automatically downgrades the Pokemon level to lvl. 50 as it would seem to imply in the new rules?

Reason I'm asking is video game battling is JUST starting to get some traction at our weekly league with the gentleman's agreement of no Pokemon above level 50.

If HGSS doesn't auto level down during battles (like currently in the Battle Tower for DPPt) it's going to throw a lot of our players off since we've all been concentrating on level 50's only in preparation for the hope of participating in the official VG Championships.

Anybody have the import of the game or some firsthand knowledge?

That's just great... I was planning on trying this thing out since I missed last year. But these rules regaurding some eligable ubers? My goodness this is absurd... It's bad enough to get rid of one, but getting rid of two?!?! Rayquaza and Groudon are easy to get rid of... but the others, man such a hassle.. Especially Kyogre, I've seen that thing become such a broken pokemon it's almost impossible to get rid of. I bet there are a few people who know how to run him, and use him.

Uhh it's about time they came up with the Level 50 all without the use of Battle revolution and the Wi-Fi center... Wish they made it a bit sooner though... And what was up about not using Rotom? I heard he was banned... Is it true or just a rumor?

Bottomline, we're about to see a major Uber overhaul....

The Assassin said:
I'm stoked for this, i've been teambuilding for months now and it's good to know that that hasnt gone to waste, well it kind of has, :p But yeah, i'm excited, and people are getting overworked about Ubers being allowed. now this isn't just me but ubers arent all that scary. any pokemon with about 226 attack and a LO can OHKO your average kyogre, which when you think about it isn't hard at all. Yes they were uber for a reason but that doesn't mean they arent unstoppable, expecially in Doubles.

So here's my advice to anyone trying to do this, look at the list of ubers allowed, along with other doubles threats, and see if you have a way to handle each of those things. Or if you would rather just go all out, come up with a strategy such as rain dance or sunny day sweeping and be able to take out said problems for doubles.

Here's another tip, WATCH OUT FOR SHEDINJA. He's the new big threat for 2010 doubles with all the rain flying around, be prepared for him cause without an answer to him, he will always win.

Actually at lv 50 I can't think of many pokemon that can achieve this outside of ubers themselves... not even Adamant Salamence gets that high.

... now that I calculate it, not even RAYQUAZA gets that high...how is it easy to get to 226 atk before LO?

Anybody know where I can find information on the battling game mechanics in HGSS? Specifically in battling other people so I can find out about what, if any, affect the change in ruling for the VG Championship will have at our league?

I've searched "another" site that has pretty extensive info but I couldn't glean anything specific to my question.

Back