(1) ALL Stormfront Scans, Set List [10/20-10/24]

InuMimi said:
oh man you have to battle? I really hope I can bring my friend with me. I don't want to be there alone.
I wish I knew someone around here who goes to them. I don't want to show up and stand there with a blank face because I have never been to PR before. or any card-relelated event.

No worries :) The people at the league will most likely be friendly and help you out and not leave you out of anything. You'll be okay! ^_^

Jigglypuff13 said:
The other thing is the reprints of trainers that have actually already appeared in a DP series set before (I'm on about Premier Ball, Potion and Switch or whatever else there is, and not Great Ball, which is a worth while reprint).

The DP - GE sets are probably going to be cycled out (though I'm not sure if it'll be more/less sets). Although not too soon. They will be. And the Pokemon company wants to print a whole load of NEW trainers in the DPt sets (e.g. Galactic's Conquest). However they still want to keep in the staple trainers that we use and need now. If they cycled out the first 4 sets without reprinting things like Premier Ball, we'd lose them and they wouldn't be legal anymore!
Potion isn't great, but Switch is still used a lot. Energy Switch is coming into play in certain decks and with potion, it is just a nice Theme deck filler for beginners. Premier ball is a must reprint!!!
You should be thankful they've been reprinted :p It means we'll have them for a lot longer! Also they're now more abundant to get :) The same with Rare Candy, Night Maintainence and Roseannes ^_^ (POP8).

Now I haven't read through the entire thread, but I'm wondering how rare are the shiny Pokémon cards?

My friends birthday is in less than a month, and as a side part of her present [not the main part, however], I wanted to get her the shiny Drifloon card. Unfortunately, I'm not even sure where I'd get the money to buy her a gift, let alone enough packs to hopefully pick up this shiny Drifloon [I'm a poor poor university student, if that helps you understand my situation XD]

If I were somehow to stumble upon some money, how many packs/cost would I be looking at for even a chance at getting it? Or I wonder if anyone is selling their Drifloon card through eBay or something (or would be willing to give one away to their good poor friend me :c) and if that would be more cost effective.

I wish I still had money, I miss playing the card game. Storm Front looks like a really impressive set.

Shiny pokemon cards... very rare I have not encountered one in a long time

shiny pokemon cards i have not ebcountered one in a long time

I have the shiny Voltorb, but I don't know if anyone else got any shinies at my PR. Nobody mentioned any anyway, and everyone was surprised to see mine.
You'd probably have to buy a box to be honest.. Just to be sure and have the best luck. But even then, you might end up with a different shiny or two than the one you wanted. You're better off finding someone who has it and offering to trade them for it, or finding one for cheap on ebay (even though your friend's birthday is in less than a month. Wait until the set is actually released and then they should crop up all over the place. They won't be used in decks either, so people will probably happily trade them away for a lot less than they will now).

The set comes out on the 5th of November.
And boxes range.. Well.. Actually XD
I can't tell you correctly! I'm in the UK, so boxes are quite expensive.. But aren't easily grabbed hold of. You're better off looking around google for the answer to your question, and asking in collecters/gaming shops if they sell them/could order them in and how much.
Sorry!

Narctiss said:
The set comes out on the 5th of November.
And boxes range.. Well.. Actually XD
I can't tell you correctly! I'm in the UK, so boxes are quite expensive.. But aren't easily grabbed hold of. You're better off looking around google for the answer to your question, and asking in collecters/gaming shops if they sell them/could order them in and how much.
Sorry!

what kind of boxes are they though? i know we have packs, bundles, tins and pre-built decks. i'm not sure if i know what a box is.

InuMimi said:
what kind of boxes are they though? I know we have packs, bundles, tins and pre-built decks. I'm not sure if I know what a box is.

A box is a Booster Box. 36 packs of boosters.

Oh really?
When you buy single boosters without packaging, that's where they're from ^_^.

Good luck on getting the shiny Drifloon to PrincePJ!

I've bought boxes for as low as $68 USD and as high as about $89. (with shipping) In my opinion the best place to buy is eBay. You just have to shop around for a good deal.

Also, if you don't want to buy a whole box and not get what you need, (Because you aren't guaranteed anything in a box) You might just be better off buying singles.

This set looks awesome. I have to say it's one of the best ever. I haven't said that since Unseen Forces.

dang InuMimi nice signature!!!!!!! Ho-Oh is one of the best legendaries!! i really wish i could go to a prerelease, someday.... I am going to buy one box of Stormfront thats for sure. just one box.

KnivesMonroe said:
dang InuMimi nice signature!!!!!!! Ho-Oh is one of the best legendaries!! I really wish I could go to a prerelease, someday.... I am going to buy one box of Stormfront thats for sure. just one box.

thank you :D

i hope i can go to the PR next sunday. i would love to have just about any decent card from the set (which is almost all of them).

I just ordered A Stormfront box. I cant wait. Hopefully i get it before Stormfront is released in stores. I would defenatly get my money's if it get the Shiny Duskull, Both the Dusknoirs, and the Dusknoir LV X. i say its possible to pull that out of the box, dont you?

InuMimi said:
KnivesMonroe said:
I really wish I could go to a prerelease, someday.... I am going to buy one box of Stormfront thats for sure. just one box.

I hope I can go to the PR next sunday. I would love to have just about any decent card from the set (which is almost all of them).
I'm going to two PR's next week and buying two boxes just for this card.
92-potion.jpg

Best card in the set :p :p

The Charizard card looks pretty cool. I thought it was going to be the orginal print. (The very first card print.):)

I can't wait until the new stormfront cards come out, because I am going to buy like $500.00 trying to get all of the Stormfront cards so I can try to build my new deck!

Oh yay! Just an update, someone on eBay WAS selling one of the Shiny Drifloon cards from the prelease, and my friend bought it for me I think for around $15, so I'm excited to have this as part 1 of my gift for my other friend c:!

Back