(1) All English 'Dragon Vault' Scans! [10/1]

Man those cards are awesome. I can barely make out some of the moves. Are you able to make the images larger? I can barely make out the bottom moves and not the other moves/ If you can make them bigger that would help XD.:)

I noticed that the English First Ticket say when both players play it, you flip the coin like normal. When in Japan, you played Rock Paper Scissors in the situation. Do they think the rest of of the world doesn't know how to play RPS? Or was that original translation wrong?

Also, the scans are really small. You should request larger, more traditional scans.

I knew Fast Ticket would just be the normal coin flip if both players went first.
A couple buddies of mine were hoping like crazy that it was rock paper scissors...
Isn't that the normal method of determining who goes first in Japan though?

Also: Right clicking the pictures and selecting "View Image" makes them bigger (at least on Firefox).

Will these be sold at Target or Walmart in the USA??

Theres no RH version right?

is there any non Dragon Vault cards in the blister?

@Machamp + EeveeLv99: In Japan, they play Rock-Paper-Scissors to determine who goes first. Everywhere else, they flip a coin to determine who goes first. That's the reason that First Ticket was changed in this case. It wasn't a faulty translation at all.

While the Japanese version of Fast Ticket has both players play Rock-Paper-Scissors in the event that both players play the card on their first turn,
...First Ticket. It's First Ticket. I feel like I've been saying this on-and-off for months.

The-Kaiser said:
No idea, I'm an Aussie
No, there aren't all the cards are holo instead
There are reprints of Rayquaza, Super Rod and Exp. Share.
Replies in bold.

The-Kaiser said:
Yes there are. On Saturday 29 September, some of my friends told me they saw Dragon Vault blisters at Target.

AFAIK, no there is not.

I'm not sure, but I don't think so.

Better replies in bold ;)

Lol I wanna see a Dragonite/Victini deck. That would be a fun deck to build and play. Unfortunately, it looks like I'm only going to be buying the Super Rod, Exp. Share and Rayquaza, seeing those are the only ones that have some merit here. :|

xxashxx said:
Man those cards are awesome. I can barely make out some of the moves. Are you able to make the images larger? I can barely make out the bottom moves and not the other moves/ If you can make them bigger that would help XD.:)

I tried scanning each card one by one but could not get them clear enough. Plus it would have taken forever :p

The text in the cards themselves is blurry to begin with...TPCi did not do a good job printing them in English...unless this is just an error on the first print run of the cards.

Look at Salamence's Shred attack. Then, look at [link=http://pokebeach.com/scans/dragons-exalted/92-giratina-ex.jpg]this[/link]. That's why I'll be skipping this format.

Delta Nite said:
Look at Salamence's Shred attack. Then, look at [link=http://pokebeach.com/scans/dragons-exalted/92-giratina-ex.jpg]this[/link]. That's why I'll be skipping this format.

Please explain?

Salamence isn't supposed to be used as an attacker, it's useful for it's ability.

That aside, you also don't lose two prizes when Salamence is knocked out, and it has a lower retreat cost.

There are plenty of cards with similar attacks bar the energy requirement. They exist in every format. Personally, I think the last format was awful.

Looking back at ex-series, giving two prizes wasn't an excuse to give montruous HP to Basic Pokémon. To set up Salamence reliably one needs multiple Bagon, Salamence and a mix of Shelgon and Rare Candy. To set up Giratina EX... (Not implying that any of them is playable)
Even if it won't be used for its attack, I deeply dislike the fact that a Basic Pokémon can do the same as a Stage 2 for less. Even with the 2 prizes. It's fairly easy to catcher a Bagon and take cheap prizes.

Rock-Paper-Scissors requires a great amount of skill. But then again, so does flipping a coin. So why was it changed?

This weekend I NEED to go to the local stores to look for these, which probably won't have ANY Rayquazas. (also Keldeo box)

Back