(1) ALL ‘Boundaries Crossed’ Scans! [10/20-10/28]

RE: (1) 60+ ‘Boundaries Crossed’ Scans! [10/20]

Mudkip711 said:
At least the shinies look cool...

2zyg0zt.png

Wow, the gold borders look sick. Why didn't they do this in the first place and why are you so inconsistent in card set design Pokemon?

@kachitta~ You can now confirm #143 as Cresselia.

$T2eC16VHJIYE9qUcNk+mBQhBnytSpQ~~60_12.JPG

Man, I loved the Virbank Gym and Aspertia Gym cards having the Pokemon in the art and the cards for those Pokemon are set in the same place

Way to split up that nice little thing

thefreaksofpofpokemon said:
the swoobat is going to be another durant

I doubt that will happen until Ether comes out, Swoobat/Gardevoir/Ether would be interesting at least.

Lol Swoobat+Gardevior

First time ever Ken Sugimori art that was already used has been put in front of a new background. Sweet... Not

thefreaksofpofpokemon said:
the swoobat is going to be another durant

Other than the fact its a different type, its a stage 1, its a bat not an ant, it has a P cost, it can discard more-less than 4 cards at a time. Its another Durant.

oo I like that Swoobat!

Looking forward to the rest of the scans!

Muddy68 said:
First time ever Ken Sugimori art that was already used has been put in front of a new background. Sweet... Not
This.

I actually love Sugimori art. It just has a "classic" feel to it, but a lot of this art is lazy, but then again the cards that do have this lazy Sugimori art were just bad japanese promos anyways.

Hey you guys, come on! This set isn't as oh-so awful as most posters are cracking it up to be. We've got Vileplume as expected, so any Decks working at abusing weakness can fair pretty well! We've got Landorus EX for aggro Decks and Black Kyurem-EX and White Kyurem-EX, with their respective Ace-Spec Cards, Crystal Wall and Crystal Edge, seem pretty interesting. We've got Computer Search as expected, and that'll be a graceful Ace Spec in many different Decks, boosting consistency a whooole lot! Flygon looks like a terrific new Ground type that'll add pressure with its Sand Slammer after turn! I know I'll look out for it.

Also, fatal combo with Kyurem NVI and Dusknoir BDC much?!

Plus, we're not sure what all the Cards will be yet, anyway. Has anybody really truly confirmed that we aren't getting Escape Rope, Virbank Gym, etc etc? We don't know what the WHOLE set is, yet.

Broken Pokemon EX said:
Muddy68 said:
This.

I actually love Sugimori art. It just has a "classic" feel to it, but a lot of this art is lazy, but then again the cards that do have this lazy Sugimori art were just bad japanese promos anyways.

Not only that, but some of these artworks were already used on previous cards.

------------------------

They ruined most of the set. Who the hell do they have there that plans the sets? Aren't they informed of the next japanese sets? Like, taking out main set trainers for useless reprints is just annoying. They only reason I could see for this is the eventual rotation of the first BW set next year and they wanted to maintain these cards, but they had plenty of future sets to do that, so it was unnecessary.
Also, including the slightly-alternate-artwork Rocky Helmet but not the Eviolite counterpart is weird and leaving out Virbank City Gym is bad set planning at its best. Virbank City Gym fitted perfectly in this set and now will be out of place in the next one.
As for National beginning set, the cards are bad and pointless but I'm not totally against them. I still can't figure it out if all of them will be in this set or if some will be released later with the leftovers of BW6 but some of them should have definitely been saved for later (ie: Togepi because next set will have a Togepi line).

I also would like to suggest that in the news stories, it should say that this set also has cards from the Keldeo Battle Strength deck (Cryogonal, Skarmory, etc.).

Full art Bianca, Cheren, and Skyla are also in the set.
It appears my speculation about card #149 was correct...not hard to believe though; it was the most likely guess anyway.

However, Bicycle, Escape Rope, Ether, and Virbank City Gym have been cut in favor of Poke Ball, Great Ball, Potion, Switch, and Energy Search.
8E7Vk.gif

Metalizard said:
They ruined most of the set. Who the hell do they have there that plans the sets? Aren't they informed of the next japanese sets? Like, taking out main set trainers for useless reprints is just annoying.
What's the big deal about that? I don't play the game anymore, so I guess I can't exactly relate to what you're saying, but you're going to get the card eventually, aren't you?

Are we allowed to play the Computer Search Base Set card as the Ace Spec version under an errata? If so, that would save *a lot* of money for me lol.

Also, it seems Troll and Toad has their Boundaries Crossed Preorders up now. $40-$50 Landorus EXs seems a bit overkill to me, but what the heck ($10 Blastoises seems good, however)

WPM said:
However, Bicycle, Escape Rope, Ether, and Virbank City Gym have been cut in favor of Poke Ball, Great Ball, Potion, Switch, and Energy Search.

Oh boy! Another fabulous decision by TPCI! /sarcasm

Thank you nintendo! Some of the best trainers ever! Bikes are awesome, Escape Rope is awesome, Ether is great energy accel and Pokeball... Wait, Pokeball? Wheres Ether? Where's Escape Rope? Wait a sec... I think we've been trolled! Well played nintendo, well played.

Nigel said:
Are we allowed to play the Computer Search Base Set card as the Ace Spec version under an errata? If so, that would save *a lot* of money for me lol.

As of now, no.

Nigel said:

From what I heard, the Base Set Computer Search cannot be played in Modified under any circumstances. There is no errata.

DNA said:
Nigel said:

From what I heard, the Base Set Computer Search cannot be played in Modified under any circumstances. There is no errata.
...well, that doesn't make sense, they have the exact same name. >_>

Back