(1) A New Forme of Mewtwo Revealed for the 16th Movie? [4/3]

Hm, well, that may or may not have sealed the deal for me. Thanks for the additional info.

...though since I can't find anything still in reverse image search, I can't really say what I fully think myself, though that does shed some light on the situation, methinks.

No no no no, just no. Even if this is real (which it doesn't seem to be so at all) I'd personally walk over to Game Freak and slap them with my 3ds for creating such a bad design, this "new form" is even uglier than Mewtwo and it doesn't do him any justice at all (also, Mewtwo is my favorite pokemon so yeah.) Tell me it ain't so, please!

Well here's to hoping for a really bad April Fools day joke!

i also found this on facebook
7711_554219517951965_523150147_n.png

and i looked up that sketch and it was only posted in that thread nowhere else and they say that purple Kecleon drew that or but s/he says that they wish that this was a fake

I don't know, it seems...unlikely that this is the news that TPCi is advertising on social media for Saturday. Why? Well, the exact Tweet was,

We’ve got big Pokémon X and Pokémon Y news coming up next Saturday! Stay tuned!

Nothing in there specifies anything about a new form. Yes, the Japanese side of things advertised a trailer, but another thing points to the reveal being Mewtwo's new "forme." From the way the Tweet sounds, seems more like new Pokemon.

smash-x-y.jpg

Why would Mewtwo be shown in a grass setting....seems a bit out of place to me.

Anyways, this could be real considering reputable sites' attention, but I think we'll be receiving different news than this on Saturday/Sunday.

m7mad133 said:
i also found this on facebook
7711_554219517951965_523150147_n.png

and i looked up that sketch and it was only posted in that thread nowhere else and they say that purple Kecleon drew that or but s/he says that they wish that this was a fake

thats a Mewthree fakemon from someone on dA

You know... Looking at that Mewtwo sketch on the previous page... Some of its physical properties resemble the device he wore while he was with Team Rocket. Maybe the design is based off of that.

The second pair of images pretty much helps support the fact that this is fake.

pic_zpsde443c2e.jpg

The second picture (the crinkled one) looks to me like it is printed on plastic rather than paper, which would explain the ripple effect. I worked at a theatre in High School and hung a lot of banners for movies that were made out of a plastic material.

I for one like the design and hope it is real.

First I saw of this, I couldn't see his body and thought he turned serpentine or something.

But yeah, this design isn't very good, I'm hoping it's fake.

It's not the kind of design that knocks your socks off, but it's rather interesting than awkward. I think I could get used to it.

Also, it looks slimmer than Mewtwo, rather small and short-armed. The head design with its "arch" and the two devil-like horns is interesting though, maybe the "tail" is a little bit too voluminous compared to the rest of its body (reminded me of a zora from TLoZ at first sight).

Nevertheless I hope that not everyone and their grandmother gets a new forme now (Mewtwo might indeed be eminently suitable for it because you can regard it as improved/altered clone or as an unintentional mutation, all would fit the genetics theme we probably see in XY, too).

If it is not fake, I think it'll be fine for me. Although I'd like to see the Sugimori artwork previous to a final evaluation of its design.

It doesn't look bad to me; i like it. It would be cool to have metal looking legs and remove the tail, i even like its head design. A mew three would help bring new mystery to mew-two and make him moderately relevant once again. Although i was perfectly fine with the original mew two. I think the Pokemon creators should try to create Pokemon that have a more masculine build, but inundate them with feminine and unisex colors and vice versa; dainty looking Pokemon with darker edgier colors.

I do like the design and hope that it's real. However I would prefer that it is Mewthree instead of a new form for Mewtwo.

Looks like a fake, and a very bad one too... And that's saying something since I always thought Mewtwo's design sucked from the beginning.

Incinermyn said:
Looks like a fake, and a very bad one too... And that's saying something since I always thought Mewtwo's design sucked from the beginning.
It definitely could be a fake, but now i'm infatuated with the idea of a mew three, it would make sense that some one would try again. It would actually add to what i hope will bw a great new Pokemon x and y storyline.

Isn't the movie called "Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo's awakening"? If so, surely they can't introduce an entirely new Pokemon (Mewthree) without it being the main feature of the movie (or at least being mentioned in the title of the movie).

It can't be a different forme as there hasn't been a Pokemon that received a forme in a future generation.

It's most likely a fake.

I don't like it. It looks so weird that the tail starts at its head like a snake, yet it retains the original body. Being a legendary Pokemon, one from a previous generation, shouldn't it get a more significant form?

In the two different poses, does anyone else notice that the 'back ears' look different in each one?

Back