(1) 2014's Pokemon Movie: 'Broken Cocoon'

They haven't had a good movie in a while. My expectations are low.

That begin said, there is UNLIMITED potential to the mega evolution storyline. So many things they could do. One can only dream.

I especially hope for some explanation on the origins of the new Mewtwo. I'm hoping the old one comes back as Mega Mewtwo X, while the new one sticks around as Y.

arulz said:
Took the words right out of my mouth. IMO the last good movie was Arceus. B/W dropped the ball hard.

Water Pokémon Master said:
arulz said:
Took the words right out of my mouth. IMO the last good movie was Arceus. B/W dropped the ball hard.

Considering the fact that the XY anime is already tenfold better than BW ever was, my expectations for this are actually somewhat high for a Pokemon movie.

I have high hopes for this movie. The name itself is intriguing: "Broken Cocoon". It sounds like something is going to wake up. Past movies were always like, "{Pokemon} and {Something Else}". Also, they show Mega Mewtwo Y, so I really hope they continue the story (and bring back original Mewtwo for X). That would be impressive.

Then again, I could be over analyzing it too much. I get disappointed too often.

It seems as though the movie will be based more on Yveltal so that would be really cool if they take the darker tone of Yveltal. You know with the taking of lives of those around it and all.

Looking forward to it.

Since the Pokemon movies usually have an event Pokemon as one of the main characters, I wonder which event Pokemon they'll feature? Actually, now that I think about it, with all these mega evolved Pokemon in the movie, I think it's quite possible this could be our first look at the mega latis which could be our first event.

As long as it's better than the sad excuse that was the Genesect movie, I'm good. Plus Yveltal is my baby so I'm sure just having him will make it 1000x better than it really is lol

With the quality of the XY Anime as high as it is, I actually think I would like to watch this movie. My expectations still aren't high, but between Origins and XY, I'm willing to give a chance on this one instead of just reading the synopsis.

just something I've picked up, really relating Yveltal to the movie title:

Cocoon of Destruction
In a Pokedex entry, it mentions that Yveltal absorbs the energy of all living things and turns into a cocoon
Yveltal is known as the Destruction Pokemon

This may be a coincidence, but it's probably noteworthy

Can't wait to see the next trailer!
At the moment it sounds like Yveltal will be destroying everything and Ash/co. will team up with Xerneas to stop Yveltal.
Also cant wait to see the mega evolutions in action!!!
But I cant believe all those mega evolutions will be in one movie!
Mega Garchomp!

Oh joy. Here's my plot prediction.

* Ash and co go to Town of the Day and hear a myth about a war that happened in the region 3,000 years ago, then how Xerneas and Yveltal have been resting for precisely 2,999.985 years. Something about mega stones.
* Right on cue, Yveltal comes in for no reason and starts wrecking everything because why not. People run away in terror.
* After 10 minutes of running, they find a conveniently placed Xerneas tree. Xerneas awakens but is enraged because Yveltal wrecked stuff and starts to wreck Yveltal. It causes chaos in the city. People run away in terror.
* Clemont gets the brilliant idea to snag the mega stones mentioned 40 minutes ago, grab people in the city with the corresponding Pokemon, and mega evolve to stop the chaos. Yveltal decides that the movie needs to be twice as long and knocks the stones out of their grasp, forcing them to play Where's Waldo for 25 minutes.
* They get stones, mega evolve dudes, and try to beat the hell out of Xerneas and Yveltal to calm them down--because violence is always the answer! Except it isn't, because that fails. Ash comes in and tells them about the wonders of friendship and that their fighting is pointless and they prance away like nothing happened. The end.

im just going to get in here an say swheet before everyone comes in and craps on my pokemon movie flavored cheerios once again.

Well judging from the title, Yveltal seems to be the main star in this movie and I can see why with it being a Pokémon that represents death and destruction. I'm hoping we get something a bit more emotional this time like Heroes and have decent battling. I mean since the two mascots symbolise life and death, shouldn't that mean the same goes for the movie? My hopes are really high because of that, despite my disappointment with the Genesect movie.

Since this movie appears to have a focus on Yveltal, could the next movie possibly have more of a focus on Xerneas? I do have high hopes for this movie though, since it looks like the Pokemon anime is finally getting their stuff together. I would love for this generation to be filled with good Pokemon movies :D

TheRoyalXerneas said:
Since this movie appears to have a focus on Yveltal, could the next movie possibly have more of a focus on Xerneas? I do have high hopes for this movie though, since it looks like the Pokemon anime is finally getting their stuff together. I would love for this generation to be filled with good Pokemon movies :D
Well, movie 10 had a focus on Darkrai, and movie 11 had a focus on Giratina. Dialga and Palkia were just kinda off-to-the-side in those movies.

Your theory, although nice, is probably unlikely (no offense intended).

DNA said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:
Well, movie 10 had a focus on Darkrai, and movie 11 had a focus on Giratina. Dialga and Palkia were just kinda off-to-the-side in those movies.

Your theory, although nice, is probably unlikely (no offense intended).

It's possible that this movie could be the only time they're truly featured like how the first gen 5 movie focused on Victini, Zekrom/Reshiram. I guess with that pattern we might get Diancie this first movie (or the mega latis) and then Zygarde gets the next movie, and so on and so forth. It'd be cool if they did a movie for both cover legendaries and have Xerneas' movie be the "sequel".

2 Mewtwo's oh boy, this probably means that M01 Mewtwo will be back.
Here's hoping they throw a curve ball at us for once and do something unexpected like bring back M02's Lugia. Yveltal vs. Lugia, i'd like to see that.

Back