(1) 2011-12 Play! Pokemon Information [9/16]

Championships points. YESYESYESYESYES.

:D:D:D:D

I'm glad this was released.

I don't like the Play Points thing much. Its basically "If you can go to a ton of tournaments, you have a high standing".

Pokémon Championship Series events will now award Championship Points for top finishers. These points are cumulative, meaning you’ll never lose a point on the way to your ultimate goal of earning an invitation to the Pokémon World Championships!
This explains whenever I log on my point system says "0.0" instead of "1600.0".

I don't have much more of an opinion, as I really don't care about tournament ratings at all (80% of the tourneys I attend I judge instead), but what I'd like to know is...will these points reset every year like the rating does, or do they keep adding up forever?

but you have to reward players. I dont think it fair for someone only to go to nationals and place high and get a automatic invite to worlds. Not to include the fact this will stop all the good players from dropping for premiert event tournaments to "save their rating". Good move pokemon, good move

VGC prize support drop -.-

VGC date announced, yet no rules -.-

Sigh, TPCI, me no gusta

Pokemon.com said:
What are “Best Finish Limits”?
To provide a more-even playing field for the largest number of competitors worldwide, we have instituted Best Finish Limits. This means that during an event series, only your Best X (defined here) finishes will count towards your final Championship Points total.

For example, the Best Finish Limit for Battle Roads is 8. If a player participates in 6 Battle Road Autumn events and 5 Battle Road Spring events, only the top 8 of the player’s 11 Battle Roads finishes will count toward his or her final Championship Points total.
This is possibly the most perfect way they could have set this up. No huge drops in points for losses, and no huge gains for going to a billion tournaments.

I agree Scizor. The only thing I don't like is prize cut. No more scholarships :(. (for Regs)

The new points system sucks, if your english you have to live in the south to stand a chance of qualifying for high level tournaments either that or be of a Yu-Gi-Oh frame of mind where you don't mind spending half your income on a hobby

I hope they will not limite the entrance for Nationals (ex: if you have 200 points you can go to nationals) because I can't participate in tournaments (I'm PTO)...
It was good to go at Nationals with any requires for all players.

jb2909 said:
I hope they will not limite the entrance for Nationals (ex: if you have 200 points you can go to nationals) because I can't participate in tournaments (I'm PTO)...
It was good to go at Nationals with any requires for all players.

It will probably be a very low number, but that may be a problem.

They should give point for tournaments in hobby store too because now it's not important to do tournament in stores. All other games give points for regular tournament.

This system doesn't award players to participate in important event because only the top 2 in Battle Road will receive points it's too low. A lot of players will drop from a Battle Road if they don't have good results before the end of the tournament.

I am personally in love with this new system. It encourages attendance. I am so thankful that dropping basically can't help you except in a tie. Having both regionals in the same place is nice for those who can't make it to 1 of 4(-6 or however many there were) places. The Play! Points is okay but is somewhat pointless. All in all i see it as a great decision.

I don't. Now I can miss fall Regs, and may have a better chance at an invite. It is complicated. And no scholarships D:

There is only one thing I can say about the new rating system:
EPIC WIN.
They needed to change the system for a while imo, it wasn't as good for the game as this should be.

Back