(1) ‘Pokemon Bank’ Available in Europe, Australia [2/4]

Can someone explain to me how Poke Bank works? Do your account close after the 14th March or how does it work? How to you get Pokebank? How many Pokemon can I transfer?

TheEXcollector said:
Can someone explain to me how Poke Bank works? Do your account close after the 14th March or how does it work? How to you get Pokebank? How many Pokemon can I transfer?

Its an app you (download form the e-shop and then) open on your 3DS.

An account is created for you.
Right now you get 30days free trial.

It has 100 boxes, each capable of holding 30 pokemon.

After your paid period ends, you can still use the pokebank, you just cannot put more pokemon in it, only take them out.

...transfers? You probably mean transfering from BW/BW2.
Pokebank includes the "PokeMover", which can transfer pokemon from your BW/BW2 games, one box at a time.

You can use it free for 30 days and transfer as many Pokémon as you want during that period. After that, you have to pay $5 (or whatever the cost in your country's currency) per year to continue using it. You can get it by going to the E-Shop on your 3DS and downloading it.

Just finished my own download here. :D

I'm not sorry at all :p

But cool, we have bank. And I still don't want to get it now :/

get ittt
To those of you who haven't got Celebi, follow these steps:
  • Start up Pokémon Bank and receive your BP/Poké Miles
  • Close Pokémon Bank
  • Start up X/Y
  • Select Pokémon Link on Main Menu
  • Get your BP/Poké Miles
  • Close X/Y
  • Start up Pokémon Bank and receive your Celebi

Hopefully it's released here in America today or tomorrow.
Europue, Australia, if ya'll crash it. :mad:
I'm sure most of ya'll have noticed, but it looks like Nintendo's 'sorry' is the addition of ten days to the free trial. :)

Scorched Feathers said:
get ittt
To those of you who haven't got Celebi, follow these steps:
  • Start up Pokémon Bank and receive your BP/Poké Miles
  • Close Pokémon Bank
  • Start up X/Y
  • Select Pokémon Link on Main Menu
  • Get your BP/Poké Miles
  • Close X/Y
  • Start up Pokémon Bank and receive your Celebi

So after you receive Celebi from the Pokémon Bank you save the game before obtaining it at any Pokémon Center so you can SR it for the desired Nature and IV's you want for it. However the odds of SRing a Legendary with 2-3 Perfect IV's is very slim let alone getting the best Nature for it depending on what moveset you plan on running for it. I'm not in any rush for Pokémon Bank to get to North America although I'm really disappointed with Nintendo's handling with this, but with that being said given the circumstances it's definitely worth the wait.

Most of the Legendaries I have in my previous games hardly have any Perfect IV's so they'll most likely just be used as novelty in my PC boxes when I get the chance to import them over. Compared to Pokemon that can be bred with 5-6 Perfect IV's for Competitive Battling in Gen 6 thanks to Destiny Knot Legendaries are at a HUGE disadvantage this Gen but I suppose they probably make up for it by having higher base stats than non-Legendaries. Still 31 IV's in one stat can make a HUGE difference in battle compared to a specific base stat from a Legendary with 0 IV's in that stat alone.

It's in your box instantly after you use Pokémon Link. Legendaries have always been at a disadvantage, competitive-wise, compared to IV bred Pokémon, but they're still god-awful strong. Don't complain about legends, they have their own Tier for a reason.

Anybody having trouble transferring PokeGen Pokemon?
It won't let me transfer half a box of them but it allowed the other half. Any idea if it has anything to do with location or level met?

Well... I woke up saying. 'Pokebank will be out!' and I was right!

I'm glad Europe and Asia has it. Now once North America gets it, I'll be ecstatic.

It probably has to do with location.

Also, I think it's wise to release Bank bit by bit the way they're doing. It sucks that we're gonna be the last ones to get it, but I'd rather wait and have a stable release than have the same fiasco happen on its original release day.

Just be patient.

Serebii does. Just check the appropriate gen's pokedex listing for whatever you're looking for.

Guys calm down about NA not getting it. Game Freak doesn't hate America, NOA isn't incompetent, this isn't some crazy conspiracy. They're most likely doing this to prevent server issues from millions of people downloading it just to transfer their Pokemon (which let's face it, that's probably the only reason you even want Bank in the first place). I figured they'd stagger the release dates for this reason, so this doesn't surprise me at all. Now why does America have to wait? My guess is they've determined that more people from America than Europe would be downloading Bank, so dividing it up this way reduces the server load the most. I'd expect Bank to come to NA within roughly a week (hopefully by the end of this week).

Bolt the Cat said:
I'd expect Bank to come to NA within roughly a week (hopefully by the end of this week).

Considering how long it took for Europe to get it after Japan got it (the second time), I don't think we'll be that lucky.

Just an update, the details on legendary Pokemon have to be absolutely perfect to get them to Bank.
The only ones that are giving me trouble now are Latios and Mew.

Back