(1) ‘CoroCoro’ Leaks, Confirms Mewtwo’s New Forme [4/12]

m7mad133 said:
lol people are like this
This better be fake >> Confirmed to be real
This better be a new Pokemon >> A new forme instead
and now : there better be a good storyline for this forme (then it is revealed that he got the forme just because)

lol i love the Pokemon community :)

So true (even though I always knew it was just a new form). If it reveals to just change out of nowhere, people will hate it completely.

ECHOxLegend said:
*snip*

Ok, hes an honorary legendary,and admit it, any kid who has the game or watched the movies probably thought or thinks he was a legendary too.

*snip*

"Honorary legendary"?
The only way I could see any confusion is because of the fact that Lucario was originally presented as a legendary in Japan. But it has been confirmed otherwise for some... 6+ years? The only people I could see getting confused are people who know absolutely nothing past Gen 3, and randomly found one of these:
FolkloreLucarioexLucarioQuarterDeck6.jpg

To be honest I kinda hate the idea of Mewtwo getting a form (was pretty mad when it was 1st revealed) but it'll take some getting used to. (then again I did play the 1st gen games so I'm kinda 50/50 on this)

Now waiting for some more X and Y news. (mostly hoping for a new Kirlia evo)

BTW just recently joined the forums so I'll go slow and easy since its my 1st day here.

evilpacman said:
Dont forget the alternate versions of Wormadam and Gastrodon.

Mitja said:
they went crazy last gen?

Remember the 5 rotoms, giratina and shaymin? (perhaps even arceus counts)

Actually, now that I read it, I think he is talking about gen 4. Maybe? Since this is still a Gen 5 movie.

I was talking about Gen 5 but the way I worded it and the responses makes me want to take the scapegoat route haha. I forgot about all them Rotom's.

Well Gen 4 pretty much introduced new forms (and the end of Gen 3 with Deoxys I think???), so it's no surprise that they'd want to showcase a bunch of them.

I for one just hope that the new form thing isn't COMPLETELY hackneyed. As in, it's not just Mewtwo using the power of Friendship or something to get "a new level of power". As long as there's some sensible backstory like him obtaining it in the movie or something happening between the last time we saw him and now, I'll be okay with it.

At least now we know that announcements can happen at any time and not just on a monthly basis. This makes things a lot more interesting.

frezgle said:
Well. I am disappointed, but not surprised. Could've done without all the teasing to give us a legitimate hope that it wasn't just another forme change >n>
Curious to see what explanation they'll put out of their butts to make it work with Mewtwo's established backstory.
Welcome Mew-one-and-a-half.

KurowaSan said:
I really like Mewtwo's new form, I think it's even cooler than Mewtwo (and that comes from someone who plays pokemon since Red/Blue).
The only thing disappointing me is the slow news. They gave us a bomb with that awesome announcement trailer and since then, pretty much nothing. Only a new eeveelution, which is still a mystery and we don't even know its type (as we also don't know Xerneas' and Yveltal's types), and a new Mewtwo forme, which we also don't know anything about.
They want to build hype by giving us some bits of incomplete news, so we can discuss and speculate, but it's very little information to support this.
It's ok to try to be mysterious, I guess, but after that long, they are just being negligent.

Could it be that there really isn't that much about Gen 6 that is to really get excited about? If there was anything actually worth revealing or mentioning to the public, do you not think they would have released a tidbit about it?
...which leads me to believe that Gen 6 has very little that is actually new to offer, and is destined to be a big flop. But I will reserve final judgment until the very last moment.

In regards to Mewtwo's new form...Do I like it?
No, but you don't see me bitching about it.

Bolt the Cat said:
And once again, we get a big fat hunk of nothing. Can't say I wasn't expecting this considering how tight lipped Game Freak has been on the game since it was announced. We're probably not going to get the good stuff until June. Maybe May if we're lucky.

April brought nice chunks of info in the last two generations (which were released in September), so it stands to reason that May will be good for this one (which is launching in October).

Man, I can't wait for all these dramatics to blow over.

*insert generic rage comment here*

But seriously though, stop it with the formes. Unless that is the Pokemon's gimmick, like Deoxys, or Rotom. There is no need to slap this kind of stuff on unnecessarily.

Besides the fact that it's a forme, not bad.

Yeah guys relax we have had nine whole months since this game was revealed. If GF showed us all of the important info early then the hype would die down pretty fast. They're probably waiting until summer before the actual new Pokemon and such trickle out, leaving us with enough interest to last until the game's release.

I'm pretty happy they're just getting this relatively duller stuff out of the way. It's enough to hook people with "look new eeveelution!!! look mewtwo is back with a form!!!", and then they get to the juicer tidbits later.

And if you think about it they're actually not being too dull about the information. With Sylveon we learned that yes, there are probably going to be evolutions of older Pokemon. And now with Newtwo we've just gotten new forms confirmed, and maybe the return of old legends as well.

To the person who said something about how this gen is doing badly with formes: this is literally the only forme we've seen for Gen 6 so that makes zero sense.

Honestly, I love this new Mewtwo form, it looks awesome and I think its very cool that they're bringing back Mewtwo because he had to be one of my all-time favorite legendaries!

What I don't like is the fact that its a new form... I've never liked forms starting with Unknown(technically each letter is a different form) and although there are a couple I like (Deoxys, Rotom) I just don't see the point of them! I don't know, they just don't spark my interest as much as like a Legendary with an evolution would!

I was bracing myself for this. Luckily, it doesn't matter what the heck it is. Just the fact that it exists makes me wish I had a time machine to go back in time before April 3rd 2013 and live in that time period forever.

dmaster out.

EeveeLv99 said:
ECHOxLegend said:
*snip*

Ok, hes an honorary legendary,and admit it, any kid who has the game or watched the movies probably thought or thinks he was a legendary too.

*snip*

"Honorary legendary"?
The only way I could see any confusion is because of the fact that Lucario was originally presented as a legendary in Japan. But it has been confirmed otherwise for some... 6+ years? The only people I could see getting confused are people who know absolutely nothing past Gen 3, and randomly found one of these:
FolkloreLucarioexLucarioQuarterDeck6.jpg

dude, he was in smash bros, SMASH BROS!

hDC22465D

99% of the butthurt genwunners as of now.

I like Mewtwo, hopefully Mew gets another form too so it isn't too weird.

@Echo: And so were the Kanto starters via Pokemon Trainer. Lucario isn't a legendary because...

A) Its Pokedex entries are far more fitting of a regular Pokemon. It doesn't control or cause any huge events, nor is it described as ruling an aspect of the universe. There isn't all that much hype around it.
B) It's pre-evolution can evolve. Okay Manaphy can breed and produce a baby Pokemon too so that's out. But, Phione cannot evolve into Manaphy. Riolu can.
C) Riolu are just regular Pokemon in BW2 and you can find them in one of the first areas.

---

On another note...hopefully they'll do something actually regarding the game next month, seeing as the movies look done with in terms of pre-release coverage.

Blui said:
hDC22465D

99% of the butthurt genwunners as of now.

I like Mewtwo, hopefully Mew gets another form too so it isn't too weird.

I don't think Mew needs one... It already transforms into everything so it doesn't really need a new form. :/

ehhh... It's a new forme... It's Okay... I still think it was unnecessary... I like it more than the original Mewtwo but they probably made it just because of the movie and don't really have an excuse for it...
If now it's okay to give older pokémon new formes after a long time, now I want a Lugia forme that looks more like a dragon (because of its ryujin basis)... just kidding...
But I think they should make the complete original dragon. After seeing that they only made 2 incomplete formes for kyurem, I started thinking they would save the complete dragon for gen 6...

Back