TCG Fakes [ℒℯ] Nod'3 Card Trhеad [sic]

RE: [ℒℯ] Nod'3 Card Thread [sic]

rev3rsor said:
Very nice, as always, especially the dual-type parts (I have this thing for gradients) :) Though, is it just me or the lightning energy symbol seem a bit large? Just looks a little out of place though I don't have the dedication to completely check the size... (currently checking this)

Anyway, that large thing in the OP, is that your signature? looks pretty stylish to me :D

Yeah, I'm thinking or resizing it, which I'll do later (maybe tomorrow).

Yes, that's my signature! Thanks!

I never really liked DPPt-era cards while they were actually in-use, but seeing fakes using the blanks always makes me feel nostalgic (or I guess as nostalgic as someone who started in the first gen can be regarding the fourth gen).

Nice job Noddeh!

I've updated 4 cards. If my internet will decide to stop being a little !@#$ and actually work, I'll update the OP.

RE: [ℒℯ] Nod3's Card Thread [sic]

gibe feedback pls
tnMoaAh.png

(this is for the CaC)

artist is the guy in the illus place will credit properly later

Nod3 said:
gibe feedback pls
tnMoaAh.png
(this is for the CaC)

What era is it meant to work with?
The flipping mechanic is cool, the attacks are great, but it looks like it'd be out of place in the Pokemon-ex era without some extra Prize Cards as a reward for KOing it.

bigfootaus said:
Nod3 said:
gibe feedback pls
tnMoaAh.png
(this is for the CaC)

What era is it meant to work with?
The flipping mechanic is cool, the attacks are great, but it looks like it'd be out of place in the Pokemon-ex era without some extra Prize Cards as a reward for KOing it.

Hl pk era

Honestly I don't see why it should have a dual reward if it's actually weaker, considering it has a window of opportunity type situation, and also has a 50% chance of now drawing a prize card for its ultimate attack. It also needs a 3 energy deck

Edit: forgot I changed to 250 hp for a basic Pokemon. I'll buff it a slight bit, and then add the 2 PC rule

RE: [ℒℯ] Gibe feedback pls. Nod3's Card Thread [sic]

Well, I sure got an overwhelming amount of feedback /s

Hey, I commented on it on dA D: But anyway, it's still a nice card whether or not people have talked about it :D Is it final, or are you still changing it?

rev3rsor said:
Hey, I commented on it on dA D: But anyway, it's still a nice card whether or not people have talked about it :D Is it final, or are you still changing it?

Can't change it if I don't have feedback. I'll have to submit it on the 22nd if there's no further feedback.

For what it's worth, I'd give feedback if you weren't submitting it to CaC.

The placement of the last energy in Judgement looks a bit too far forward. Also an attack with at least 3 different Energies to use a move that only does 30 damage seems off. I get that Smite would work in cahoots with Judgement but that doesn't make it any less...useless. Next turn you have the potential of dishing quintuple that amount of damage with a guaranteed prize card and if not it's highly likely you'll get 30, with a prize card, with less Energy.

I think a playing card-type image would best suit this. One where you can see Arceus right side up no matter the orientation but I understand that's easier said than done.

Delta said:
The placement of the last energy in Judgement looks a bit too far forward. Also an attack with at least 3 different Energies to use a move that only does 30 damage seems off.
That's 30 damage counters, not 30 damage -- when all's said and done, that's 300 damage.

That flip mechanic is quite cool actually - gives more room for more powerful attack/effects since you can't use them twice in a row, without adding the 'you can't use this attack next turn' clause to everything. Does the flipping still happen on the bench too? I can see these cards with 2 abilities and switching between them each turn. That could turn out interesting.

Seeing as you are entering the CaC with this, I wasn't sure if it'd be appropriate to give more feedback considering, well, it's still a contest xD . But I will anyway, I tucked it in spoilers in case you wanted to avoid it until you submitted.

I think it's limited enough so that two prize cards rule isn't necessary - though perhaps tone the HP down a bit? 250HP Basic that is not ex still seems a tad much. Maybe 200 would do, but that's just me. It is immune to 3 special conditions after all. For fleeting strike, I would add a clause that would explain what happens to cards attached to Arceus (i.e. 'discard all cards attached to Arceus' or ' 'Put Arceus and all cards attached to it on the bottom of your deck in any order' or something)

Also is it normal for Colourless type Arceus to have Dark resistance? Shouldn't it be Psychic (Ghost) or none at all?

I also second Delta's idea for the illustration - but as he said, easier said than done.
Best of luck for the CaC!

Very unique card! I love the rotating mechanic. I see a couple errors, though:

Fleeting Strike's effect should read "Put Arceus and all cards attached to it on the bottom of your deck."

Smite's effect should read "Flip a coin for each Energy attached to Arceus. This attack does 30 damage times the number of heads."

Judgement's effect should read "Put 30 damage counters on the Defending Pokémon. If the Defending Pokémon is Knocked Out by this attack, flip a coin. If tails, do not take a Prize card." Also, as Delta pointed out, the last Energy is a bit too far right.

And I think the special rule should be phrased something like this: "Arceus is played this side up. At the end of your turn, rotate Arceus. Arceus can't become Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed. As long as Arceus is on your Bench, discard 1 Energy attached to Arceus at the end of each turn."

Disagree with the position of the energy, and it is lined up perfectly with the blank. I attempted to locate a card from hlpk that uses 5 energies, to no avail

While not HLPK, take a look at Wailord RS:

14-wailord.jpg

Only they first three Energy icons line up perfectly with the circles on the template. The fourth and fifth icons are slightly to the left of the circles. Regardless of design, Energy icons should always have the same number of pixels between them (with the exception of LEGEND cards).

One day I will be able to repay you. Probably over a decade away, so don't hold your breath.

xFMkH4q.png

I realized I forgot the attack name positioning (too used to dppt), and I also decided that since I had a little room left, I would change the text sizes and positions. Did all your recommended changes, but I realized that I meant at the end of each of your turns, but not each of your opponent's as well.

RE: [ℒℯ] Gibe feedback pls. Nod'3 Card Trhead [sic]

I think I'm losing my mind, it keeps going back to "Nod3's Card Thread" whenever I set it to "Nod'3 Card Trhead"

RE: [ℒℯ] Nod'3 Card Trhead [sic] [please stop correcting the title]

Interesting concept, but I'm not very fond of the fading gradients on the art box.. Really like the spoilers.

Back