“Twilight Masquerade” Pokemon TCG Set Officially Revealed for May!

Bro sinistcha lookin kinda sus on that pack artwork

Also: after looking at the cards and the posts, they have to make a triple rainbow energy that works on ogerpon. The item the revealed says you keep your energies, so that kinda confirms it for me. And think about it, right now, it isn’t very good, but if you have 4 of those energies, this deck gets pretty strong

Last edited:
I feel like a Pokémon with a grass energy transfer ability would be all it takes to give Ogerpon some potential. 4 Teal Ogerpon charging an energy a turn plus a manual attachment gives a respectable 210 damage, not counting extra turns, Gardenia or your opponent's energy. It has free draw on those Teal Mask attachments, plus ogre's mask to keep a high amount of Teal Masks in play, and Cornerstone to wall certain decks. It has a lot of pieces for a good deck. It just needs that little bit extra. I'll reserve full judgement for when the full sets are revealed, both Mask of Change and Crimson Haze.

Last edited:
Y’all know that there’s going to be like… 160 more cards in this set? Maybe, who knows, they might release some other cards that make these Pokemon good?

Creatures has been pretty reliable lately. Let’s give them some credit, at least until they prove otherwise.

Least exciting set as a collector since I don’t even know when. Probably since xy furious fists

I'm not looking forward to having even more big basics in the format. I was hoping they'd treat it as some sort of item or evolution system with a base Ogerpon that can change into different forms. I do like the card designs though.
Same. I was kinda expecting them to go the tera route with each mask being a stage 1 off base ogerpon. Would've made more sense. But maybe they thought that was too op a mechanic for grass, so we got theirs weird item system that just won't work beyond using Rock Mask as a lockdown option in the other 3 energy decks.

I think the best way to run it so far is 1 rainbow energy and load up with grass energy with teal dance then swap around, loading up the second move for the fire mask looks more annoying than the others but the first move is usable

This would have been a solid deal for acceleration + switching if the attacks weren’t mostly underwhelming and, more particularly, low damage.

After all is said and done, you have a play to deal with small Pokémon in 2-prize waves, you can OHKO Charizard and Arceus VStar, and you can have immunity to ability Pokémon. That immunity from Cornerstone would have to really carry because you have very little plan of attack for ex pokemon that aren’t covered by weakness. Hearth’s 3R attack not being easily compatible for the deck really puts a damper on it. Maybe there will be other support or that Cornerstone’s immunity is enough to carry, but I’m not confident in this as a dedicated deck as of now.

This cycle of cards looks very fun! Presumably you use Teal Mask to accelerate 2 Energy, then Ogre's Mask into whatever you need and attach the third Energy to attack. Earthen Vessel and Gardenia's Vigor seem synergistic. You could also use the upcoming Ace Spec Tool that leaves your Pokemon with 10HP in order to maximize damage with the Hearthfire Mask. Hearthfire is a bit iffy, but all three other Masks provide highly valuable utilities, whether it's Teal's acceleration/draw/Zard KOing, Wellspring's bench-sniping and Mawile-like trapping, or Cornerstone's Shred effect and immunity to damage in certain matchups. Very excited to see what people wind up doing with this deck.

Very exciting! I honestly love this TCG and IP so much, I always love when new shiny cardboard is revealed! Very excited to see how decks evolve, meta or not!

Also very happy my boy is getting a tera card!

Six gold etched cards means the gold Darkness and Metal energy are once again not in the set.

I wonder if there’s some catch in terms of energy to make the mask item actually worth using in a dedicated Ogerpon deck. Luminous energy would definitely make its way in, but there needs to be more than that, especially since it wouldn’t work with a DTE

"Our English set will also see the debut of Okidogi, Munkidori, and Fezandipiti. The Japanese set Night Wanderer will also feature them as Pokemon ex."

Wait, so they are cut from Night Wanderer to come in our set a few weeks early?? Is that what's happening?? It'd be sick if so
That's not what it's saying. They will come in ex form in Night Wanderer but they might be getting regular cards first in Mask of Change therefore debuting in Twilight Masquerade.

Quick questions
1. Can you swap to an Ogerpon ex that shares a name? e.g. Teal Mask to another Teal Mask
2. If you can, can you use the ability again?

At first glance, these cards don't seem competitively good...but maybe that's kinda a good thing so we don't go into too much of a big basic format? Also, they could get more support I suppose.

One thing that confuses me is that these Ogerpons are apparently intended to be played in a deck together because of Ogre's Mask, but they use completely different Energy. Will there be a rainbow Special Energy in this set or something? The description only mentions Ace Spec Special Energy specifically, so maybe it will be an Ace Spec...which will limit its usability, but keep Lugia from being too crazy. Yay?
We already have Luminous Energy.

Quick questions
1. Can you swap to an Ogerpon ex that shares a name? e.g. Teal Mask to another Teal Mask
2. If you can, can you use the ability again?
1. You can.
2. No since everything carries over to the new pokémon.

I'm not looking forward to having even more big basics in the format. I was hoping they'd treat it as some sort of item or evolution system with a base Ogerpon that can change into different forms. I do like the card designs though.
Me neither but since Im a big fan of Farigiraf the pokemon they created a situation where either way Im pleased

Back