Hami_moeblob

Aspiring Trainer
Rabsca's "Revival Prayer" is insane, right? ANY Pokémon from your discard pile onto your bench for 1 colorless? Am I reading that right?
Could be fun but it's a very squishy pokemon and also Boss's Orders still exist, gonna be tricky to pull off

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Translation changes:

Rabsca: Revival Prayer > Revival Blessing, the only revival move in the games.

And I have a feeling that Iono will be one expensive card (full art specifically), not only because Iono is a popular character herself, but the effect could make her a staple.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Rabsca's "Revival Prayer" is insane, right? ANY Pokémon from your discard pile onto your bench for 1 colorless? Am I reading that right?
Yes, but it's a stage 1 and uses your attack for the turn. Almost guaranteed to give up a prize for it.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
It is concerning to see that basically every Basic ex is some form of Support/Bencher Pokemon, and not an actual card you can build your deck around. This is obviously because the swing between Basic ex and Stage 2 ex is ridiculously massive - 180-220 versus 300+. For comparison, in the GX era the difference between Shuckle GX and Gardevoir GX was 60 HP, and that was considered large. With health differences exceeding 100 HP, you can bet that any non-Stage 2 Pokemon is getting OHKOd by every attack.

Also, Iono is a menace - and that's not a good thing. N was not a good card for the format, Marnie was not a good card either - it makes it so there's no reason to hold any cards in your hand long-term, because it'll be shuffled away anyway, making the game more chaotic and random. SuMo reigns supreme once again, where if you wanted to play Judge, you had to actually bear the consequences.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I am so happy seeing Squawkabilly of all Pokemon get an ex. I love the non-obvious choices they have made for the new ex cards, like with Oinkologne, Spidops, and to an extent Banette. I wonder if that means we'll get a Bellibolt ex too, since Squawk is featured on the other booster pack

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
It is concerning to see that basically every Basic ex is some form of Support/Bencher Pokemon, and not an actual card you can build your deck around. This is obviously because the swing between Basic ex and Stage 2 ex is ridiculously massive - 180-220 versus 300+. For comparison, in the GX era the difference between Shuckle GX and Gardevoir GX was 60 HP, and that was considered large. With health differences exceeding 100 HP, you can bet that any non-Stage 2 Pokemon is getting OHKOd by every attack.

Also, Iono is a menace - and that's not a good thing. N was not a good card for the format, Marnie was not a good card either - it makes it so there's no reason to hold any cards in your hand long-term, because it'll be shuffled away anyway, making the game more chaotic and random. SuMo reigns supreme once again, where if you wanted to play Judge, you had to actually bear the consequences.
1. Pick one. Do you want a format where big, easy to setup yet hard-hitting Basic 2-prizers dominating the format like the old Mewtwo EX/Buzzwole GX times, or do you want a format where Basic 2-prizers are slightly weaker in power and/or relegated to support slots so that there are gameplay and strategic benefits to actually playing Stage 2 2-prizers? I'm not counting singleprizers stage 2s here, since that is an entirely different discussion.

2. Unfortunately this will always be a necessary evil. With how some decks can accrue hand sizes blazing fast (LTB/colress decks) hand disruption will still need to come around. Evidently, just Judge isn't enough to pull down the Comfeys still running around. And for the record, there were no 'consequences' in playing Judge. Both of you shuffle draw 4, and both of you has roughly the equal chances of randomly drawing back the cards you need that you just shuffled in. With Marnie, I will agree that it sucks (for both ends) when all the cards you need to set up were bottomed and you didnt draw a shuffler. But with Iono, like N, you're actually disadvantaged to use it when you're ahead, especially when you DONT shuffle those cards.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Grusha - could be useful if you get bricked T1 (except you cannot since no supporter, turn 1 going first), but that could be a rare thing since you'll gonna attach energy anyway. 3-4
Iono - 5 Geodudes, no extra explanation. It makes me wonder why early SV decklist in Japan consists of 3-4 Judge, because there's no good Marnie replacement.
Chien-Pao ex - Now I can live with that! Forget Gyarados, Chien-Pao is the new tech for Palkia-Kyurem, and probably will rise its usage again. 5 Geodudes
Ting-Lu ex - there's a reason why Hawlucha pings damage to the bench. 4-5
Tandemaus/Maushold - so snipe 40? No thanks. I rather do that on a bulkier Pokemon, you'll be susceptible to spread moves and you'll rely on Manaphy most of the time. 3,3/3-4
Squawkabilly ex - first thing seeing this is nah, useless. Even more useless since you can only use this once, and it'll be 2-prized fodder for the rest of the game. This is basically worse than Lumi tbh, hope I'm wrong. Also, you have same weakness as Lugia since Miraidon is everywhere in Japan. 2-3 I want Wo-Chien ex, why do we get this bird instead?
Chi-yu ex - I can live this, getting 2 R energy in a first place is a prob tho. 4
Pikachu/Raichu - nah. 2/2-3
Rellor/Rabsca - nah. 2,3/2
Super Rod - you know why Super Rod is good in the past, and now we get it back.
Charm of Courage - another basic buff. 4

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Where is the Draw support Pokemon? I'm sorry, but Squakabilly is physically incapable of being Crobat/Dedenne/Shaymin. What were they thinking??

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Frigibax/Arctibax/Baxcalibur - good thing I left these since they are nah gud. Use powerful cards or basics. 3/3/3

Nacli/Naclstack/Garganacl - ... 3/3/3
In what situation you'll pull this out? That's tad slow process in a fast-paced meta

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
No, I actually don't have to. SuMo had a good mix of Basic, Stage 1 and Stage 2 decks or, more specifically, Pokemon, since decks didn't just run one attacking Pokemon and five benchers.

Judge had the drawback of your opponent seeing five new cards, while you only saw four. When you played Judge, you were now playing catch-up in hand size. This is something Marnie tried to "fix" for some reason, even though they also changed the rules just to nerf T1 Judge.

Where is the Draw support Pokemon? I'm sorry, but Squakabilly is physically incapable of being Crobat/Dedenne/Shaymin. What were they thinking??
This is one positive in this card selection. No broken staple Supporter cheat Pokemon. That said, this is just the second set and I expect it to come soon.

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
this. This. THIS!!
I freaking love this card. It's literally N+Marnie in a single card.

Speaking of charm of courage, I'm aware Miraidon hasn't been doing great in JP tournaments but I wonder if this will be the card that turns the tides.
Miraidon prefers damage buffing tools to get OHKOs on stage 2ex and vstar pokemons. Possibly could be good as a 1 of with arven

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
Wait! Does ting lu have 0 resistence to lightning???! Since when did we remove lightning resistence?

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
Why are you happy about a downgrade from Ordinary Rod?
I prefer Ordinary Rod myself, but calling Super Rod a downgrade isn't accurate, and having one is better than none considering Ordinary Rod rotates. Ordinary Rod let you get up to 4 cards if you recycle 2 Pokemon and 2 Basic Energy, but Super Rod can let you get 3 of one or the other if you want, something Ordinary Rod cannot do. It's a sidegrade.