“Silver Tempest” Prerelease Promos Revealed, Staff Promos Return!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We now have photos of the Silver Tempest prerelease promos! Except for Archeops, each of them features new artwork that hasn’t been seen in Japan yet.

Sunflora-Silver-Tempest-Prerelease-Promo-154x200.jpg

SWSH269 Sunflora

Rapidash-Silver-Tempest-Prerelease-Promo-144x200.jpg

SWSH270 Rapidash

Kirlia-Silver-Tempest-Prerelease-Promo-139x200.jpg

SWSH271 Kirlia

Archeops-Silver-Tempest-Prerelease-Promo-147x200.jpg

SWSH272 Archeops...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
The kirlia will see waaaaaaay more play. The chilling reign garevoir is just better
Why will it see play when it's a slightly worse Cincinno, which isn't seeing play right now? Liepard is also similar and isn't seeing play either. Though I guess you are right that it will see MORE play than this set's Gardevoir since that will see even less play. tbh, I'm not really sure why they made this card, other than that they now really want this ability to stay in format as long as it possibly can. The art is nice, though. And while it's not new to us, I really like the Archeops art.

Staff promos return probably means we wont be seeing Charizard prerelease promos again. Absolutely fine by me, tired of everybody treating new products as get rich quick items. These new collectors that have joined the hobby seem to have such deep pockets that they are just throwing their money around and making cards like the alt art Umbreon VMax insanely overpriced for no good reason. No card that only came out in the past year or two from a massively printed set should even be $25 let alone $500

Staff promos return probably means we wont be seeing Charizard prerelease promos again. Absolutely fine by me, tired of everybody treating new products as get rich quick items. These new collectors that have joined the hobby seem to have such deep pockets that they are just throwing their money around and making cards like the alt art Umbreon VMax insanely overpriced for no good reason. No card that only came out in the past year or two from a massively printed set should even be $25 let alone $500
Umbreon VMAX has been subject to the most overt case of price manipulation I've seen in modern era cards. Many are ignoring it and I can only guess why.

Umbreon VMAX has been subject to the most overt case of price manipulation I've seen in modern era cards. Many are ignoring it and I can only guess why.
It’s not the only card ridiculously priced though, plenty of alt arts are ridiculously high considering they are in sets that are still in print or that will possibly still get additional printings. we have to wonder what is going to happen with that Rayquaza Vmax in the next set considering the V is sitting at around $70 and then the Lugia V ? and yes I’m considering trainer gallery cards as alternate art as well since it is another version of a normal V and Vmax

It’s not the only card ridiculously priced though, plenty of alt arts are ridiculously high considering they are in sets that are still in print or that will possibly still get additional printings. we have to wonder what is going to happen with that Rayquaza Vmax in the next set considering the V is sitting at around $70 and then the Lugia V ? and yes I’m considering trainer gallery cards as alternate art as well since it is another version of a normal V and Vmax
The simplest solution is to not buy the products. Let these new collectors (aka scalpers) shoot themselves. I understand that people want these cards, and in mint condition. I searched Umbreon VMAX, and I couldn't stop laughing at these outrageous prices. It's not just hundreds, but thousands.

There are two core problems that I identified (maybe there are more):
(A) Gullible buyers willing to waste good money on these cards. (45%)
(B) They very low odd of pulling these alt art. (55%)

We can debate which of these two is more, but I give TPC/TPCi more of being the problem. They acknowledge that scalping is an ongoing issue, but they are not willing to mass print and decrease the odds of pulling alt art rarity, as well as all other rarity. Should big companies care about the value of the card? That's tough to answer, considering that plenty of collectors buy these cards because it is valuable. But keep in mind that it is the customers that determine which cards are more valuable. However, they make this judgement based on the odds of pulling these alt art (back to TPC/TPCi being at fault). Plus, the popularity of the pokemon. Charizard, legendary Pokémon like Rayquaza, and the eeveelution are popular.

The simplest solution is to not buy the products. Let these new collectors (aka scalpers) shoot themselves. I understand that people want these cards, and in mint condition. I searched Umbreon VMAX, and I couldn't stop laughing at these outrageous prices. It's not just hundreds, but thousands.

There are two core problems that I identified (maybe there are more):
(A) Gullible buyers willing to waste good money on these cards. (45%)
(B) They very low odd of pulling these alt art. (55%)

We can debate which of these two is more, but I give TPC/TPCi more of being the problem. They acknowledge that scalping is an ongoing issue, but they are not willing to mass print and decrease the odds of pulling alt art rarity, as well as all other rarity. Should big companies care about the value of the card? That's tough to answer, considering that plenty of collectors buy these cards because it is valuable. But keep in mind that it is the customers that determine which cards are more valuable. However, they make this judgement based on the odds of pulling these alt art (back to TPC/TPCi being at fault). Plus, the popularity of the pokemon. Charizard, legendary Pokémon like Rayquaza, and the eeveelution are popular.
Honestly with the way they seem to be manipulating the odds of pulling only specific cards (despite them being the same rarity level as others) it seems they should be able to get in trouble for this becoming gambling. It sure as hell doesn’t seem like print sheets are having the same number of alt art Vs and alt art VMaxs as opposed to the old days when all exs, lvxs had the same odds of being pulled. Not buying the product will jot change anything though, if it did Wizards of the Coast would have had to change a lot of things lately. It appears their will always be enough whales buying up these expensive products and cards to keep the prices high.

Honestly with the way they seem to be manipulating the odds of pulling only specific cards (despite them being the same rarity level as others) it seems they should be able to get in trouble for this becoming gambling. It sure as hell doesn’t seem like print sheets are having the same number of alt art Vs and alt art VMaxs as opposed to the old days when all exs, lvxs had the same odds of being pulled. Not buying the product will jot change anything though, if it did Wizards of the Coast would have had to change a lot of things lately. It appears their will always be enough whales buying up these expensive products and cards to keep the prices high.
That sounds a lot like yugioh too. About two weeks before the latest product being released, youtube personalities get konami sponsored boxes for them to open live. I try to watch as many as possible and take note specifically on the rare cards. As you pointed out, despite the same rarity, the odds are not the same. In the case of yugioh, I witnessed some Ultra Rare as much more favorable odd than other Ultra Rare cards. This is ridiculous! When it comes to collecting TCG, I am strict. I never, ever bought single cards. All the cards I have comes from the booster I purchased. Yugioh products in recent years is all about gamble. They would reprint some sought after cards but the set either has about 300 cards or smaller size but different odds in spite of the same rarity. One example is the upcoming set Magnificent Mavens. Sadly, they hired some people from Wizards, which probably explains why the theme deck was still around after the termination.

That sounds a lot like yugioh too. About two weeks before the latest product being released, youtube personalities get konami sponsored boxes for them to open live. I try to watch as many as possible and take note specifically on the rare cards. As you pointed out, despite the same rarity, the odds are not the same. In the case of yugioh, I witnessed some Ultra Rare as much more favorable odd than other Ultra Rare cards. This is ridiculous! When it comes to collecting TCG, I am strict. I never, ever bought single cards. All the cards I have comes from the booster I purchased. Yugioh products in recent years is all about gamble. They would reprint some sought after cards but the set either has about 300 cards or smaller size but different odds in spite of the same rarity. One example is the upcoming set Magnificent Mavens. Sadly, they hired some people from Wizards, which probably explains why the theme deck was still around after the termination.
That sucks to hear that about yugioh since the odds seemed to be the same for the same rarity for the longest time. Guess the only company still doing it that way is Magic except when they make a card like the foil Jeweled Lotus in Commander Legneds that was intended to be harder to pull. Everything else seems to basically have the same rarity just so damn many cards in the set that it still makes pulling any one specific rare or especially mythic difficult

Back