“Roaring Moon ex Box” and “Iron Valiant ex Box” Revealed for November!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A new “Roaring Moon ex Box” and “Iron Valiant ex Box” will release on November 17th for $21.99!

Roaring-Moon-ex-Box-200x179.jpg

Iron-Valiant-ex-Box-200x179.jpg

Each box will come with:

1 foil promo card featuring Roaring Moon ex or Iron Valiant ex
1 oversize foil card featuring Roaring Moon ex or Iron Valiant ex
1 foil card featuring Brute Bonnet or Iron Moth
1 foil Trainer card featuring Ancient Booster Energy Capsule or Future Booster Energy Capsule
4 Pokémon TCG booster packs
A code card for Pokémon TCG Live

The Pokemon ex are alternate art promo reprints from Paradox Rift. The other cards are direct reprints from the set on holofoil paper. This is the first time we’re seeing Ancient Booster Energy Capsule and Future Booster Energy Capsule...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Ancient Booster Energy Capsule text: The Ancient Pokémon this card is attached to gets +60 HP, it recovers from all Special Conditions, and it can't be affected by any Special Conditions.

Future Booster Energy Capsule text: The Future Pokémon this card is attached to... ??? Retreat Cost... and the attacks it uses... ? opponent's Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

My guess is the Retreat Cost is free and the attacks do 30 more damage.

been a looooong time since i've posted here or played the game but i'm loving the flavor of these cards. frenzied gouging? unparalleled violence in those words. tachyon bits? google tachyonic antitelephone, the best phrase in relativity. whoever wrote these names was firing on all cylinders.

I might be the only person in the world who's excited to see Future Booster Energy fixing a long-standing translation error that English cards have had.

"attacks a Pokémon uses" are not the same as "attacks belonging to a Pokémon"; Lost Origin Cramorant is an example of a card that has the improper phrasing but is ruled to work as the new text convention.

Love the way these cards look. Kind of funny how the roaring moon promo art is just a mirror image of the other one from the main set

I might be the only person in the world who's excited to see Future Booster Energy fixing a long-standing translation error that English cards have had.

"attacks a Pokémon uses" are not the same as "attacks belonging to a Pokémon"; Lost Origin Cramorant is an example of a card that has the improper phrasing but is ruled to work as the new text convention.
I’m sure there are other people who noticed the error, were bugged by it, and are or will be glad to see it fixed. There’s a Pokébeach user named Ambassador who writes a lot about this sort of information on the pkmncards database. The two of you might enjoy having a conversation.
Love the way these cards look. Kind of funny how the roaring moon promo art is just a mirror image of the other one from the main set
I’m also a big fan of Roaring Moon’s illustration. However, the promo version shows the subject more from the side. In fact, these two cards remind me of the two Charizard G Lv. X illustrations.

It's dangerous to feed extra HP to a pocket monster who's willing to kill for the price of 200 HP... and that's why we like danger around here.

Ancient Booster makes Scream Tail a bit of a menace is Gardevoir ex. 150HP means it can have 7 energy attached, with 14 damage counters. With its second attack, it does 20 snipe for each damage counter on that bad boy, dealing the magic 280 as snipe damage. Nuts.

Ancient Booster Energy Capsule text: The Ancient Pokémon this card is attached to gets +60 HP, it recovers from all Special Conditions, and it can't be affected by any Special Conditions.

Future Booster Energy Capsule text: The Future Pokémon this card is attached to... ??? Retreat Cost... and the attacks it uses... ? opponent's Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

My guess is the Retreat Cost is free and the attacks do 30 more damage.
I agree that the Retreat Cost will be free, based on the phrasing leading up to it. Normally, if it’s just a reduction, it would say something along the lines of, “the retreat cost of this Pokémon is [C][C] less.” Or something along those lines, but the card has a the lead-up of “The Future Pokémon this card is attached to…Retreat Cost,” which could easily be: “The Future Pokémon this card is attached to [has no] retreat cost.” The amount of space left on that line for text also supports your theory.

I wonder if it will be plus sixty damage because Ancient Booster Energy Capsule does sixty boost to health. However, I could be wrong, as a 60 health increase helps you once, whereas if you attack twice with +60 damage it ends up as a +120, so a +30 might be more balanced. But with the amount of OHKOs running around…we’ll see.

This feels like rapid/single strike but with more narrow capabilities
Yeah I agree, with how ancient is being like single while future seems like a mix of both fusion and rpaid since from booster energy it seems like it gives it abilities + fast attacking techs

Back