“Pokemon Trading Card Game Classic” Deck Lists, Holo Patterns, and Details!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The Worlds Activity Zone currently has demos for the “Pokemon Trading Card Game Classic!” I was able to take photos of the cards and accessories.
As posted last year, this premium boxed product will contain three 60-card decks headlined by Base Set Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise. Each of the decks will contain new and reprinted cards, although all of them are illegal for tournament play. The Japanese product will release in October and cost 35,000 yen (about $275). No English pricing or release date has been revealed yet, but it’ll release in “late fall.”

Pokemon-TCG-Classic-195x300.png

Every card in these decks is holo. The cards feature a “glittery” holofoil paper. Whereas all the Japanese cards feature holofoil borders, only English cards from the Scarlet & Violet era have them — matching...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Of course Japan gets the better looking cards, though that holo does remind me of the 25th Celebrations set and a bit of Legends. Maybe they could've gone with a different color like purple for a change?

That Holofoil is GORGEOUS. It really helps make these stand out as "Look at me! Look at me!"cards that we know shouldn't be treated lightly!

This is the first time that Professor Oak has been printed as a Supporter, correct? Does that mean that in Unlimited format all copies of Oak are now Supporter cards? Or can you still play it as an Item because this print isn't legal for tournament play?

Can’t wait for an English price tag! It’ll finally convince me that I can’t afford this, and I’ll stop dreaming about it.

PASS, WITHOUT MUCH OF A TROUBLE! They should've gone with Rocket's Zapdos instead of that Zapdos, and at least print some more vending cards. Best of all, go with the Japanese layout instead of the pitiful W*zards of the crap.

The Vending Mr. Mime is a neat inclusion. It really makes me wish we could get some sort of anniversary or commemoration set in English getting all that early stuff WOTC couldn't be bothered translating in favor of Base Set 2 and Legendary Collection.

Looking forward to buying this. Gonna be my Christmas present to myself this year. So great to see Fossil Articuno getting some love too.

What's up with the template change on the English Pokemon Nurse? e-Reader licensing alone doesn't explain it; the Japanese version managed to keep the template while stripping the branding and dot code.

I am getting one of these HOWEVER.

They best have solved one major issue I experienced with Battle Academy.

Those decks best host all those cards with sleeves on.

Goddammit I really want that Mr. Mime. MAybe I can buy a single. That was a contest winner in the Vending series, and I always loved those. I wish they'd rerelease the vending series since no one else got it.

Back