“Pokemon TCG Pocket” Gameplay Differences Analyzed, 40 “Genetic Apex” Cards Revealed So Far!

Big thing missed here: It appears that there's no "place damage counters" mechanic. Greninja's Ability actually deals damage (and an obscene amount for this format at that), which I don't think I've seen before.

I cannot explain why, but the thing that genuinely upsets me more than anything about Pocket is that they're using a different font on the cards... It's been so hard to ignore for me since I noticed it after the presentation

Big thing missed here: It appears that there's no "place damage counters" mechanic. Greninja's Ability actually deals damage (and an obscene amount for this format at that), which I don't think I've seen before.
I had the same thought, I wonder if only the active pokemon gets to use their ability here? Otherwise Greninja seems crazy

I don’t understand the point of this game are they trying to kill the game they just released last year? And I wonder if any of the new arts shown will end up on real cards at some point? All of this is pointless

I don’t understand the point of this game are they trying to kill the game they just released last year? And I wonder if any of the new arts shown will end up on real cards at some point? All of this is pointless
cant kill something thats already dead

Looks great, I think with this product I will finally be able to get my girlfriend playing! She has been reluctant on trying the regular game since it seems like a lot to learn but this game should be the cure to that!

I think you are missing the big picture. So Live is not developed by Creatures Inc., the company that makes the physical cards. Its developed by TCPi who have no idea how to make a digital card game, I mean have you seen the reviews for PTCGL? Its bad. Pocket on the other hand is actually developed by the main developers of the physical game and you can instantly tell the difference in quality, its like night and day. We'll see what happens with Live but I can see it just being phased out and Pocket getting a traditional standard mode with a PC port eventually

"This is after a 17 minute game, and right before Player 1 attacks to win"
Top clock says 17:01, bottom 17:34. It's more likely that each player has 20 minutes total and this is counting down.

This actually looks fun. What if you simply gain 1 energy per turn from any of your pokemon's types. And what if there were two deck/match types - mono and multi-colour. So running multiple energy types is 'advanced'; in mono you don't pick the colour each turn.

Ehh... I prefer SV, XY felt like it was more dull.

1711071024142.png 1711071101557.png
Unless I'm going crazy, BW and XY frame has objectively more stuff going on, more details in various elements, etc. So unless by more "dull" you mean something completely subjective that I can't seem to grasp, I'd still maintain that XY frame is (almost objectively) superior.

View attachment 19059 View attachment 19060
Unless I'm going crazy, BW and XY frame has objectively more stuff going on, more details in various elements, etc. So unless by more "dull" you mean something completely subjective that I can't seem to grasp, I'd still maintain that XY frame is (almost objectively) superior.
I meant dull by like the colors, SV is brighter. XY has amazing holos too.

I had the same thought, I wonder if only the active pokemon gets to use their ability here? Otherwise Greninja seems crazy
Gardevoir's ability would imply that that's not the case.

If you're trying to simplify the game, getting rid of the confusing "damage" vs. "place damage counters" mechanic seems like a good place to start.

Gardevoir's ability would imply that that's not the case.

If you're trying to simplify the game, getting rid of the confusing "damage" vs. "place damage counters" mechanic seems like a good place to start.

How confusing is it to someone though, unless their like...five.

Back