10types

Aspiring Trainer
Was hoping that i could get my vid up before Pokebeach but alas... i am no match for the masters

sonicjms

Bench, Call, Ride, Summon, Cast
ex being back is really interesting, what's more is that if they don't errata Rare Candy again they'll actually be more difficult to bring out than the originals

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
From the looks of things Mimikyu ex (basic) is 190hp, Lucario ex (stage 1) is 260hp, and the video showed Magnezone (stage 2) is 330hp. This is clearly to stay in line with the V era, but keeping HP in scale with the effort required to get them in. Having evolving 2-prizers again is pretty hype, allows for way more variety. The bike duo also look like good support, acceleration and basic search on what I presume are basics.
The fact that they're hiding them and that new Pokemon reveal make me seriously doubt that.

Mistwalker

Master of Martial Arts
Wow, now that's a reveal. I wasn't playing PTCG during the original ex cards but its really interesting that they are bringing these back. Im glad they are just 2 prizes and I think they realized that 3 prizes on VMAX was just a mistake

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
ex being back is really interesting, what's more is that if they don't errata Rare Candy again they'll actually be more difficult to bring out than the originals
assuming no errata shenanigans then this should work as evolving GX pokemons from SM era - candy can ramp from baby basic straight to stage 2 ex

fleshrum

Cephalophore
fudge. well, better that its an evolving mechanic.
Could be that the energy types blurred are not new but the ability to search them has to do with that crystallized frame. do we know what types the new legends are?

Forge002

Aspiring Trainer
My first impression are i hate the artwork style, after S&M/SWSH, seams like a huge step backwards. Hope this doesnt mean the end to all the amazing full arts we have had for last few years.

Vesper

Aspiring Trainer
Card mechanic aside, all of the attacks are quite mediocre

Edit: you can see the rest of the card art under the attacks, don't know if its just for trailer

Last edited:

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
fudge. well, better that its an evolving mechanic.
Could be that the energy types blurred are not new but the ability to search them has to do with that crystallized frame. do we know what types the new legends are?
From the video game, they are definitely Dragon type at least, so likely to be colorless here.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Finally, some good news for the TCG. Evolving two-prizers, just like we had with GXes, is clearly the best of both worlds. The health pools are still inflated, but you can't have everything at once.

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
I was worried we'd get a bunch of ugly crystal forms as the new multiprize mechanic. I am pleasantly surprised. Also I am now reminded of my 2 Mewtwo exs which were stolen, and are now worth $130+ for mint copies...

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
I’m pretty sure that they avoided showing Zacian and Zamazenta’s typings in a similar ad prior to their official reveal. It’s nothing to do with them being a new type, it’s just because TPC want to keep it secret until the big reveal
Zacian and Zamazenta's typings weren't known at the time we saw their cards. We do already know the bike's typings*, so there's no apparent reason to hide it – unless they're both Dragons and want to have some more will-they-wont-they about whether the Dragon type will be in the Gen 9 TCG block, or maybe they just haven't finalized/made up their minds.

* EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize the types haven't been officially revealed. Thank u several people for correcting me on pages 2,3 of this thread.

Last edited:

Alexandraka

Aspiring Trainer
As a collector, this is so sick. I love the ex/EX styles. I love that it's a mix between a full art and EX card seeing as you can see the rest of the card behind the text box. I'm curious about the holo pattern they'll use for regular holos. So excited!

Pikachu2111

Aspiring Trainer
Zacian and Zamazenta's typings weren't known at the time we saw their cards. We do already know the bike's typings, so there's no apparent reason to hide it – unless they're both Dragons and want to have some more will-they-wont-they about whether the Dragon type will be in the Gen 9 TCG block, or maybe they just haven't finalized/made up their minds.
TPC hasn't officially revealed the legendaries' typings. This is most likely the same thing as Zacian/Zamazenta, but looking at the color of the cards, they're prolly not gonna be dragon in the tcg

Forge002

Aspiring Trainer
As a collector, this is so sick. I love the ex/EX styles. I love that it's a mix between a full art and EX card seeing as you can see the rest of the card behind the text box. I'm curious about the holo pattern they'll use for regular holos. So excited!
You know until you pointed it out i hadn't actually noticed that lol.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Zacian and Zamazenta's typings weren't known at the time we saw their cards. We do already know the bike's typings, so there's no apparent reason to hide it – unless they're both Dragons and want to have some more will-they-wont-they about whether the Dragon type will be in the Gen 9 TCG block, or maybe they just haven't finalized/made up their minds.
I’ve seen the leaks (and I know that they’ve proven reliable), but officially they’ve not been shown by TPC. Until that happens, they’re probably going to remain ‘typeless’.