DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Groove Tablet basically gives each V deck a "small Arceus", which is sort of neat.
It doesn't bode well for the future that they're keep printing VMAXes despite having a new gimmick already. I hope that doesn't mean they're preparing another 3-prize gimmick for SV.
Did you expect them to stop printing VMAXes? Pokémon EX kept being printed alongside Pokémon BREAK, Pokémon GX kept being printed alongside Tag Team GX, and so of course VMAX will continue to be printed alongside VSTAR. Both will disappear when the block ends.

You forgot the phrase whenever Rule Box was mentioned in the card.

(Pokémon-V, Pokémon-GX, etc. are Rule Boxes.)
It wasn't forgotten, it isn't on the original JP text of the card. There's no guarantee they're going to continue to retain the reminder on cards for any given set.

Last edited:

o7yourdesires

Aspiring Trainer
kinda getting tired of all the repeated set mascots. it can't just be me, right? I mean...Lugia, Rayquaza, Mew... we just got sets heavily featuring them in the last generation, I get they're popular but it's always fun to try something new. here's to hoping there's a ScarVi set featuring the 3 Musketeers or Jirachi ;]
New doesn’t sell. Rebel Clash, Battle Styles etc. Look what does sell - Evolving Skies, Brilliant Stars. See a pattern a here?

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
New doesn’t sell. Rebel Clash, Battle Styles etc. Look what does sell - Evolving Skies, Brilliant Stars. See a pattern a here?
yeah, yeah, i know. but that's more the consumer's fault for being so basic. just wish that the fans of the franchise with 800+ pokemon were more varied in their tastes

leetic

Aspiring Trainer
Evolving Skies Slaking might be interesting to pair with Lugia VMAX and Archeops, as Lugia VMAX's attack removing stadiums pairs well with it and Archeops can accelerate Single Strike Energies to it.

On a similar note to people hoping both Kabutops and Omastar will be printed as Water types in the set, I hope that Armaldo will be printed as Grass and Cradily as Fighting since it has always been the other way around.

Last edited:

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Did you expect them to stop printing VMAXes? Pokémon EX kept being printed alongside Pokémon BREAK, Pokémon GX kept being printed alongside Tag Team GX, and so of course VMAX will continue to be printed alongside VSTAR. Both will disappear when the block ends.

It wasn't forgotten, it isn't on the original JP text of the card. There's no guarantee they're going to continue to retain the reminder on cards for any given set.
It is on every English cards anyway.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
Not a fan of fossil pokemon, but I believe Zapdos MIGHT be in this set. True story, I bought four fossil packs when I was young and pulled 3 non-holos Aerodactyl and one holo Aerodactyl :(.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I feel like this screenshot of a chat I had with a friend is quite funny. I called it:
1663548886501.png

Mudkipster07

Savvy TCG Mudkip Fan & TCG Alt Art Fanatic!
I reckon the morpeko, dedenne, pikachu and togedamaru will probably make a good 1 prize tcg deck, a lot of good cards are also there to support the deck like: level ball, rescue carrier, switch, escape rope and more. OH! and the Unown V AND VSTAR with those VSTAR item cards are pretty crazy!