Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Groove Tablet basically gives each V deck a "small Arceus", which is sort of neat.
It doesn't bode well for the future that they're keep printing VMAXes despite having a new gimmick already. I hope that doesn't mean they're preparing another 3-prize gimmick for SV.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
I'd love it if the Unown V and VStar only depicted the Unown V form in it lol.

Yus.

Unown V FA is gorgeous. Interesting that they reveal the SR alongside the regular V, may be a new trend going forward?

What would've been cool is an Unown V-Union card that featured all 28 forms, 7 on each card. That would've been epic and probably one of the few ways that could get all Unowns into one card. Oh well, getting a V and VStar is still beyond awesome.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
the fact it evolves from the same fossil they've been supporting for a while makes it really, really good imo. if you can first turn the fossil lab stadium, you can have this guy set up on turn 2. alongside a big basic, this makes for some interesting plays.

I fondly remember Gengar&Mimikyu TTGX with omastar and kabutops during the later stages of that era (before Trevnoir). Even just theorizing something similar, if you're guaranteed to start with your main attacker because there are no other basics, and you can power them up immediately? Seems awesome.
You realized this is Standard, right? Fossil Lab was an Expanded thing. Also ends your turn. We don't want something that ends your turn, unless some worthy incentives.

Orias

Still waiting for a shiny gastly card.
Lugia V and V star look amazing,I think i even like V star more. I’m so happy that unown are getting ultra rare cards and i like how they choose unown v for a V card.

Clam

Almost decent
Groove Tablet basically gives each V deck a "small Arceus", which is sort of neat.
It doesn't bode well for the future that they're keep printing VMAXes despite having a new gimmick already. I hope that doesn't mean they're preparing another 3-prize gimmick for SV.
Honestly, I don't care if they keep printing Vmaxes as long as their getting drowned out by Vstars and are not absurd and boring, a little variety in the gimmicks is a fine thing as long as they don't overdo it.

Cradilyfan1512

Aspiring Trainer
Lugia V/Lugia VSTAR- The V is pretty good and can be used as draw support. However, the VSTAR honestly won’t be good in my opinion. 7/10

Unown V/Unown VSTAR- The V is destined to be used for Victory Symbol. The VSTAR has lots of potential to be a meta card. 9/10

Archen/Archeops- Archen is pretty bad but Archeops can be good for its ability. 4/10

Morpeko- This is part of a new archetype that can probably break the game. 8/10

Dedenne- Another part of an OP archetype. 8/10

Pikachu- 8/10

Togedemaru- 8/10

Elgyem/Beheeyem- Terrible 1/10

Meditite/Medicham- Honestly these are pretty OP. 9/10

Grove Tablet- I don’t think this is gonna be good at ALL. 1/10

Earth Tablet- OP. 10/10

Shaymin- Trash. 1/10

Invicta

Aspiring Trainer
Lugia Vstar with Archeops is broken in AR Yveltal. x3 Aurora and x1 DTE to ko literally anything :)

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Meditite and Medicham are brilliant, because it's been four generations since we had a Psychic version of both Pokémon. If this set has Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto and Kabutops all as Water types, then this will be mission accomplished regarding the fact that Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto and Kabutops were all Fighting in the Sun and Moon series.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
I'm really digging the call back to sets like Fossil, Neo Discovery, and I'd say even a bit of Skyridge with the set artwork.
Also beautiful artwork on the regular Lugia V! Looks great with the Ho-oh V from one of the previous sets.
And I love how silly Unown V and VStar are.
Speaking of silly, I like the idea behind the Pikachu clones working together, and it's even in the artwork, but... I can't imagine that actually working, with the 3 turn payoff being 200 damage or 60 spread damage.
Archeops with Lugia VStar also seems silly!
Lots of silly things today, it seems.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer

Isn't this perfectly normal, just like they kept printing regular GXes after the introduction of Tag Teams? Also, don't we already know that SV gimmick is old school ex (they're all 2 prizers)?