“Night Wanderer” TCG Set Officially Revealed Featuring Pecharunt ex and The Loyal Three!

Stadium is okay. Lost Vacuum is still a card though. And once it's gone. It's gone. Plus pidgeot can search the out. Not good.

Kyurem is okay.

Colress is okay.

Pecharunt and the Royal 3 are interesting. The deck is definitely there. But the HP is abysmal on all of them except Dog. After 1 prize charizard is knocking out your entire deck with a one shot.
I agree the HP is low. But, do notice that 3 out of the 4 include a mechanic that takes advantage or activates when the opponent takes a prize, and even reduces a prize taken. Plus the self poison is softening you up even more. So it almost encourages the opponent to take prizes to fully activate the strengths of your deck. I don't play enough lately to have any clue if that is a viable strategic element to build a deck around or if you don't really want to be this vulnerable to 1hko's. Just interesting that they clearly know the HP is low and tried to mitigate that. I also think re-engineering the use of poison to try to give it relevancy in this way is definitely creative.

I think Neutral Center is a badly designed card. I never like complete immunity cards, wish they were all "reduce damage by x amount" instead; if Neutral Center were this, then being able to retrieve it from the discard would be fine.

Lost Vacuum will be an issue for Ace Spec Tools and Stadiums until it rotates, so not being able to retrieve the stadium from the discard will really only be relevant after next rotation.

Also, RIP evolving decks that use Colress as a draw Supporter to set up, you unfortunately get caught in the cross-fire of Kyurem Countering Lost Box.

Unfo
I agree the HP is low. But, do notice that 3 out of the 4 include a mechanic that takes advantage or activates when the opponent takes a prize, and even reduces a prize taken. Plus the self poison is softening you up even more. So it almost encourages the opponent to take prizes to fully activate the strengths of your deck. I don't play enough lately to have any clue if that is a viable strategic element to build a deck around or if you don't really want to be this vulnerable to 1hko's. Just interesting that they clearly know the HP is low and tried to mitigate that. I also think re-engineering the use of poison to try to give it relevancy in this way is definitely creative.
the issue I see with this deck is the energy acceleration. Turbo moon had dark patch, sada and still needed G Moltres for the energy. Maybe the free switch is going to be enough to leverage dark patch. Either way I can see this deck being a good dark deck with Moon and Darkrai. Maybe you can even throw chancy in there for free energy switch.

The $10000 is still “can it beat Zard” and I don’t see this being able to hit zard hard enough. Maybe with mochi and kerian but that’s a giant setup that needs to be set up each turn.

Unfo

the issue I see with this deck is the energy acceleration. Turbo moon had dark patch, sada and still needed G Moltres for the energy. Maybe the free switch is going to be enough to leverage dark patch. Either way I can see this deck being a good dark deck with Moon and Darkrai. Maybe you can even throw chancy in there for free energy switch.

The $10000 is still “can it beat Zard” and I don’t see this being able to hit zard hard enough. Maybe with mochi and kerian but that’s a giant setup that needs to be set up each turn.
Zard is easily ohko'd

Okidogi already hits for 300. All you really need is a basic munki or poison support.

Also, charizard is unlikely to be super popular after June. The dragapult MU is awful, it disappeared from Japan in a singke week

Won't matter if they actually decide to play two Manaphy...
Is also incredibly situational and demands infinite deck space for a 3% deck.

Catcher isn't the most popular ace spec anymore (energy and stamp are on even standing now).

As far as counters go, kyurem is not even close to drapion, it sucks

My immediate thought with Pecharunt ex is to put it in Charizard ex. Since Zard is Tera dark, this gives you a way to automatically win against stall decks, while making it easier for you to switch and get a turn 2 attack. In addition, you can pair this with binding mochi to allow you to deal 220 damage before your opponent takes a prize, KOing pokemon like Chien-Pao without needing Max Belt, or even potentially fixing math in the late game.

I have to agree here, recent sets are promoting the DLC - most people don't care, the legendaries (beside Ogerpon) are ugly and unimaginative. SV Pokemon design was generally very weak. Collectors are waiting for another retro set.
Good news is, thanks to this facts these sets will be available for a while.
Think they are all great and the DLCs were the best things that happen to SV.

My immediate thought with Pecharunt ex is to put it in Charizard ex. Since Zard is Tera dark, this gives you a way to automatically win against stall decks, while making it easier for you to switch and get a turn 2 attack. In addition, you can pair this with binding mochi to allow you to deal 220 damage before your opponent takes a prize, KOing pokemon like Chien-Pao without needing Max Belt, or even potentially fixing math in the late game.
Honestly genius bro

I made this account only to comment that I have never seen bigger anti-metadeck card getting printed than that Kyurem. I think we can safely assume that someone designing these cards has fed up losing to lost box
tbf kyurem gets countered by manaphy, which they normally play anyways. Drapion was a harder counter to mew vmax than kyurem is to lost box but mew vmax still dominated.

Ironically kyurem is going to be best in a lost box deck against the mirror because they can afford to play prime catcher+cologne. Other decks need to force a prime catcher+cologne combo which makes it a 3 card combo just for the lost box matchup.
Chien pao can do this too but it's not really worth it because they have an iron hands line that's better in more than just lost box matchups.

People who are trying to counter Lost Box have basically gotten access to a low-energy, tri-firing machine gun, that can snipe the Lost 3 (Comfey, Cramorant, and Sableye) in 1 turn, and Hoopa ex in 2 turns.

For a collector, this set has the potential to be absolutely terrible. Steam siege levels
Steam siege wasn't a bad set though? The main issue it had was being thrown into every collection box for years after release.

Really not a big fan of the Kyurem. Now Lost Box is capable of wiping entire boards of evolving basics clean if you don't prioritize benching Manaphy turn 1; You can't use that Buddy-Buddy Poffin to grab a second evolving basic so you can evolve it next turn and bench the Jirachi later at your convenience. You have to respond immediately.

In contrast, I'm really glad to see Oricorio GX return as Fezandipiti ex. Maybe it isn't necessarily healthy to get another draw support basic, but I'm glad I have the option to insert it into a post-rotation Raging Bolt ex to compensate for the loss of Radiant Greninja, Pokéstop and Trekking Shoes. Actually, I could probably use it pre-rotation...

A basic ex that does 300 damage for 3 Energy with a status condition and a tool feels a little over-the-top, and while I'm not sure if Dark Patch is enough Energy Acceleration (even with Pecharunt ex to help you pivot), I'm kind of worried that Yaginku's dream of a healthier H-on format in 2026 (Or of an unofficial H-on format held prior to the rotation after next) are coming to an end. Then again, maybe having Okidogi's Poison Muscle attack for Energy Acceleration would make it a fair contender in an H-on format with minimal acceleration? I'd still be worried about Kyurem, though, because even if they did reprint a bench barrier effect, Kyurem can put on a terrifying amount of pressure exceedingly early for minimal investment.

@Yaginku , do you still have hope? I tested Dragapult ex the other day, and that alone had me worried about the health of the game in two year's time. I also doubt Pokémon Card Labs will just not reprint Rare Candy at the beginning of gen 10, which you mentioned would make Greninja ex more balanced back when that card was revealed.

Edit: Wait, if your OPPONENT? I guess I didn't read that carefully. Now I can sleep tonight. (I'm still curious what Yaginku thinks about Dragapult ex in the F-on format, though.)

Last edited:
Back