“Mask of Change” Releasing in April Featuring Ogerpon ex; New Ogerpon, Charizard, and Chien-Pao TCG Products!

HOME1017W.png

Ogerpon's a cutie

Palworld ain't

Nah it won’t, my guess is it will be
” Gain type + Blank” based on the games. I haven’t finished SV or own the dlc but preTy sure that’s how it works in game.

if we are lucky it maybe an ace spec but who knows :)

Okay, TPCi, now's your chance. Do the right thing and make the masks tools and for the love of everything don't make each form a unique card

Can Nintendo/Creatures sue them for this?
High chance they can. There's a fine line between inspiration and plagiarism, and Palworld has both in varying degrees, heavily skewed towards the latter. There's a lot of original designs, but the majority of Pals in the game have body parts directly lifted from different Pokemons with minor differences and mashed them together.

There's one that has the headfin of Sobble and face of Slowpoke/Slowbro pasted on a body not unlike a Spheal.1705901053168.png
Though I guess this is very off topic.

Can Nintendo/Creatures sue them for this?
It wouldn't be worth the hassle, to be perfectly honest. The monsters in PalWorld are very clearly meant to look similar to Pokemon, but they aren't marketing themselves AS Pokemon, if that makes any sense? It isn't like they put actual Pikachu in there. And being a different genre of game (survival game with guns instead of turn-based RPG) makes it functionally enough different that a decent lawyer could make a case for it being distinct and/or transformative enough from the original. Also PalWorld could sell a billion copies and it wouldn't cost Nintendo a dime. Palworld is XBox and PC exclusive so any halfway informed consumer isn't gonna buy it thinking that it is a Pokemon game.

I want it to be good but I can already sense the Grass Type tax incoming . . .

Ogrepon ex 210 HP

Attack: 2 Grass and a Colorless for 120+ damage. This attack deals 40 more damage if this Pokemon has, "Ogre Mask" attached to it.

Ogre Mask

Tool: When you attach this card to a Pokemon, remove any status conditions on that Pokemon. At the end of your turn, remove up to 2 damage counters from the attached Pokemon.

Top of the mind guess is that it will have [The type of the Ogerpon/Ogerpon ex this tool is attached to becomes (type)], and then some sort of an additional effect. Maybe a damage boost, immunity, or something.
Now we just have to hope the additional affect is decent, because grass, fire, water, and fighting isn’t a great type spread for countering the current meta. You get to be super effective against Charizard ex and Mirdaidon ex, but that’s about it.

I expect it to have some interesting mechanism like switching forms with mask. But it is the TPC we know and love, so I'm imagining the boringest shit possible. like fire mask +10 damage; water mask -20 damage; rock mask +30 HP... have fun

I expect it to have some interesting mechanism like switching forms with mask. But it is the TPC we know and love, so I'm imagining the boringest shit possible. like fire mask +10 damage; water mask -20 damage; rock mask +30 HP... have fun
Creatures designs the cards, not TPCi. But yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed.

Back