“ex Battle Decks” Featuring Kangaskhan ex and Greninja ex Revealed for October!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
New “ex Battle Decks” featuring Greninja ex and Kangaskhan ex have been revealed! They will release on October 6th for $9.99 each.
The backs of the decks also reveal some new cards from Obsidian Flames / Ruler of the Black Flame, including Bouffalant, Zigzagoon, Linoone, and Shuckle. The Japanese set should be revealed tonight, so we’ll see their full reveals soon.

Pokemon-TCG-Kangaskhan-ex-Front_EN-1113x2000-1478e37-111x200.jpg

Pokemon-TCG-Kangaskhan-ex-Battle-Deck-Back_EN-1067x2000-1478e37-107x200.jpg

Pokemon-TCG-Greninja-ex-Battle-Deck-Front_EN-1113x2000-1478e37-111x200.jpg

Pokemon-TCG-Greninja-ex-Battle-Deck-Back_EN-1200x2000-1478e37-120x200.jpg

Kangkashan ex (promo #055) is an alternate art promo that hasn’t been seen in Japan...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Too bad, I was hoping for more playable ex Pokemon in these like the Chien-Pao deck

So Greninja is the water version of Meowscarada ex? Hmmmm
Yes, but unlike Meowscarada or even Samurott VStar, there’s no ability that goes with it to spread damage counters in any regard. Samurott and Meow struggle enough with putting up their significant plays, and Greninja struggles on that more in exchange for Irida support.

Are the bouffalant and shuckle cards in the kangaskahn deck new? They are in a battle deck so I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking.

inteleon can make use of it. However I agree its not very good until we get a way to consistently get to stage 2

I love Greninja, and I think Greninja ex has potential, but it likely won't see much play, at least until standard slows back down. Honestly, until Lost Box leaves standard, it likely will stay in the 2-3 turn early game before people start dealing damage.

Can someone with the sharp eye tell me the set numbers for these new cards? Because tbh, I tried zoom in, zoom out the images, it's hard for me to see the set numbers on the bottom left.

Can someone with the sharp eye tell me the set numbers for these new cards? Because tbh, I tried zoom in, zoom out the images, it's hard for me to see the set numbers on the bottom left.

Tried again, think this is correct...

Shuckle 5
Lapras 45
Froakie 56
Frogad 57
Wiglett 58
Wugtrio 59
Zigzagoon 163?
Linoone 164?
Bouffalant 174?

Yus, been so long since we had Zigzagoon and Linoone.

Weird thing about Greninja ex being cut is that there will be a random Froakie & Frogadier in OBF. Similar to Mareep & Flaaffy being in SVI.

Are the bouffalant and shuckle cards in the kangaskahn deck new? They are in a battle deck so I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking.
The Shuckle and Zigzagoon line have not been seen before but should be from Ruler of the Black Flame and should be fully revealed later today.

The Bouffalant is from the ex Start Deck that featured Greedent ex:
1689887196894.png

Back