‘Pokken Tournament’ Gameplay Revealed, 100 Screenshots! [1/23]

just saw a gameplay vid for this on youtube =D
at first i thought this was going to be more like tekken, doa or street fighter which is more mechnical but they seemed to have taken the late dragonballz and naruto ninja storm series style of fighting which I think is way more enjoyable. Hope it sees a western release.

starocean01 said:
just saw a gameplay vid for this on youtube =D
at first i thought this was going to be more like tekken, doa or street fighter which is more mechnical but they seemed to have taken the late dragonballz and naruto ninja storm series style of fighting which I think is way more enjoyable. Hope it sees a western release.

Well, it should be competitive though. If it isn't competitive it won't do well in arcades.

Roster additions so far are promising, because it means that the game won't be restricted to just Fighting Types, like a few originally assumed.

It seems almost out of place that the game features quadruped fighters. Also, based on the un-used slots on the character menu, I assume there should be about 21 fighters, or 20 fighters and 1 Random slot. Seems good so far.

Really hoping Scizor makes the cut!

I wonder what other legendary Pokemon will be included... Darkrai / the regi trio would be very interesting, even Heatran / Arceus for Quadruped

I wonder if there is going to be Pokemon Fatalities in this game. I would love to rip Pikachu's spine out.

>Game's based off Tekken, even down to the name.
>Compares it to Smash Bros.

But yes, I'm beyond hyped for this. Two of my favorite franchises!

Retro_on_theGo said:

It's the only material I could reference that Pokemon fans already know about. And I think the comparison is fair in terms of getting people to understand how the game works.

Man i'm so hyped for this now, the game looks really fun and Gardevoir being in the roster makes me even more hyped as i love that Pokemon.
Seeing as Blaziken was in the first teaser for the game it's safe to assume that he's gonna be in the game too so it's easily a day one purchase from me.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Retro_on_theGo said:

It's the only material I could reference that Pokemon fans already know about.
I think you might be underestimating the franchise fans just a bit.

I'm really excited for this game. When I saw the roster of Pokemon, I was so excited that Suicune was in there, as it is one of my twin sisters favourite Pokemon! I like how they tried to make Pokemon look realistic enough but still remain true to their features, and keep them looking like Pokemon.

don()shinobi said:

Haha, no. Most fans visiting this website do not know anything about Tekken. Some don't even know why Team Magma's Aggron within their own franchise is a Fighting-type card.

I wonder if Round1 is going to get a machine in. If they do, the question then continues to: I wonder if the Round1 in Texas is going to get a machine in. Weekly Pokken months ahead of console release. :eek:

don()shinobi said:

Haha, no. Most fans visiting this website do not know anything about Tekken. Some don't even know why Team Magma's Aggron within their own franchise is a Fighting-type card.
And I wholeheartedly agree with those statements. But...

You didn't specify "fans visiting this website" in the original post. So I base it off of this quoted post: I think you're underestimating franchise fans, especially since the audience is just getting older. ;D

This game is just...weird to me. I don't really see its purpose, as there are plenty of established fighting franchises in the world. But hey, the Nabunaga crossover turned out to be great so this might blow me away. We'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.

Back