Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A surprise announcement!
Creatures and Niantic have teamed up to create a special Pokemon GO TCG set! It will release in Japan on June 17th and internationally “this summer.”

1447_S10b_pillow_img-113x200.png

english-200x113.jpg

Each booster pack will contain 6 cards in Japan and 10 cards in America.
It seems the star Pokemon will be a Mewtwo V or VSTAR card. The pack art shows a few Pokemon that will appear in the set, like Pikachu, Gyarados, Blissey, Larvitar, Aipom, and Conkeldurr. Professor Willow should also be included.
We previously announced we were getting a special set in America this June, which we noted was an unusual release month. This may be because we’re still getting our annual “holiday” set later in the year, thus allowing some breathing room between...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Bro, they are like 4 years too late.
On the other hand, perhaps they wish a cross-promotion will help boost PGO numbers.

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
Ew. I thought our june special would be the one bringing all the Character cards. So unless they are doing a Trainer Gallery in every of our main sets, we will be getting lots of CHRs only after they rotate. This is underwhelming.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Neat and all, but like... are bootlegs still riding the Pokemon Go train? Like slapping the Pokemon Go logo on everything to make it seem legit? Won't this just give em fuel to keep doing that?

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
Oh so THIS is that summer set we heard about earlier :O

WELL in light of this, I think I'll go back to my original prediction of the VMAX Climax CHR/CSR cards being put as subsets in all 4 of our main sets this year; we're getting 30 in Brilliant Stars, so maybe 20 more in Astral Radiance, then 30 in SWSH11, and finally 20 again in SWSH12, then that would be all of them👌

It also perfectly works out putting by 2 Gold VMAX cards in each set, perfectly paralleling the mascots of the previous year's sets:
Brilliant Stars: Single Strike Urshifu & Rapid Strike Urshifu (Battle Styles)
Astral Radiance: Ice Rider Calyrex & Shadow Rider Calyrex (Chilling Reign)
SWSH11: Rayquaza & Duraludon (Evolving Skies)
SWSH12: Pikachu & Mew (Vivid Voltage/Fusion Strike)