‘Phantom Forces’ Elite Trainer Box, Collector’s Album, Xerneas vs. Yveltal Deck Images [8/22]

20 Foil Cards? That's it. Now I have to re-do my Christmas List... again... (Wait, why am I making a Christmas List in the middle of august?)

The collector's album sounds nice just for bringing around small numbers of cards you're trading, but I think I'll stick to the elite trainer boxes as I like to keep my ultra-rares in top loaders.

Speaking of Elite Trainer Boxes, we got a new one! Predictable, but cool none the less. I want those cool, (presumably) purple sleeves.

Double theme deck is neat. I wonder what the foil cards are. Maybe this will be like a new Red Genesect Collection?

Do we have an official English release date for Phantom Forces?

I feel somewhat insulted that every XY set to date as gotten (at least) one trainer box except for Flashfire. I mean we could have had a Mega Charizard X Trainer Box and a Mega Charizard Y Trainer Box. Oh, well. Pretty much expected news.

I knew Xerneas vs. Yveltal decks would be the promos for the movie. I wonder if that means we'll see Cocoon of Destruction Cartoon Network soon, but my question then is where is our Diancies (both for the ccg and video game)?

@Auride: I think the main page article said that the release for Phantom Forces was November 5th, as the album thing was supposed to be released alongside the actual set.

I think I'll just stick to the blister packs and maybe a booster box. I don't really want anything that comes in the elite trainer box except the packs.

Cool new items i prolly wont get the box but the 2 deck item sure looks worth it :)

Did those new Deck tins come out yet? I havent seen them in stores

I thought the Charizard X/Y and Yveltal/Xerneas tins were supposed to be out already, but like you I haven't seen them in stores either.

I'm very disappointed in the Yveltal and Xerneas cards (which I didn't know what they did when the japanese ones were shown) :/
I hope the contents are better, specially the foil cards.

I don't know guys, the elite trainer box is kind of a bad thing for me. It makes me lose my cash, if you know what I mean hahaha.

And the battle arena decks? There goes my cash.

Pikachu6319 said:
I wonder if that means we'll see Cocoon of Destruction Cartoon Network soon?

It's unlikely we'll see the movie on Cartoon Network. TPCi announced a while ago that they were licensing the film out, which is a BIG indication that they're tired of being stuck with network premieres for their movies (especially lately, where almost every one is cut up for unnecessary time constraints). It's much more likely we'll see 1) a theatrical release (several distributors placed their bids on it) or 2) a live stream release, like on Hulu or Netflix (both have also placed bids on it).

Long story short: no, we won't see a Cartoon Network premiere soon. Probably never with this film. In my opinion, a theatrical release is much more probably (and possible).

Skulblaka_Shur said:
Pikachu6319 said:
I wonder if that means we'll see Cocoon of Destruction Cartoon Network soon?

It's unlikely we'll see the movie on Cartoon Network. TPCi announced a while ago that they were licensing the film out, which is a BIG indication that they're tired of being stuck with network premieres for their movies (especially lately, where almost every one is cut up for unnecessary time constraints). It's much more likely we'll see 1) a theatrical release (several distributors placed their bids on it) or 2) a live stream release, like on Hulu or Netflix (both have also placed bids on it).

Long story short: no, we won't see a Cartoon Network premiere soon. Probably never with this film. In my opinion, a theatrical release is much more probably (and possible).

I'm almost certain it's the other way around - TPCi was trying to find licensees for the film because companies keep dropping them. The movies do not perform that well, which is indicated by how many companies have dealt with the films here and how often they change hands. The Victini movie also did not receive enough viewers to justify theatrical releases after that. CN is probably the best audience Pokemon films can get for a premiere. Of course I could be wrong, but I find it highly unlikely that TPCi would be going out of its way to advertise to the world that the Diancie film is available for companies to distribute if they weren't having a hard time finding someone who they already know to do it.

I hate to keep "harping" on this one, but if you are an "Elite Trainer" you probably have more energy than you will ever need...

So please stop with the energy cards in these boxes!
Unless they are foil or something cool...

Also if you have bought more than one of those boxes, you also don't need any more condition counters (the dice are fine).

Any chance of getting a list of what's in those decks?
Also I agree on Diancie (as in where is the event for the USA?)
Plus any word on Hoopa or Volcanion yet?

It would be more interesting to do an item giveaway for these, so instead of just handing out them online, make us go find them in game (to pass the time before the Ruby/Sapphire remakes).

I don't know what kind of cards I would want in this set. The EX cards are all meh. Hopefully M Manetric is going to be good....

I want those Gengar sleeves for my Vilegar deck.

Remember that the US hasn't had a Pokemon theater wide release since Spell of the Unown. It's highly unlikely that we'd have one after all of this time. I won't pretend to know the intracies of deciding where the movies are played from but I honestly don't think a hulu/netflix option would be any better of an idea, not everyone has it and certainly not every viewer will be able to see it for the 'premiere'. I usually have to record them myself since it always happens when I work.

But really that wasn't the point. My main concern was getting Diancie for the card game. I suspect we'll get it for the video game at the time of (or not long after) we get OR/AS since that was the reveal of Mega Diance. The fact we're getting a sixth gen Pokemon on a third gen remake is kind of ridiculous but whatever.

That's a good point though, where are Hoopa and Volcanion? At least in ccg terms we still need Zygarde unless it's in Phantom Force without us knowing about it yet.

Mr.Muffin said:
I don't know what kind of cards I would want in this set. The EX cards are all meh. Hopefully M Manetric is going to be good....

I want those Gengar sleeves for my Vilegar deck.

Vilegar, as in Boundaries Crossed Vileplume and M Gengar? That's a great Idea for a deck!

GadgetJax said:
Vilegar, as in Boundaries Crossed Vileplume and M Gengar? That's a great Idea for a deck!

What synergy do Vileplume BCR and M Gengar-EX have?

Back