Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Has anyone here ever tried TCG One? I recently heard about it and it's interesting.

I used to play MtG on Cockatrice, amazing tool, cards are added to the game literally as they're being spoiled on spoiler season of the new set. Would be so good to have a similar program for Pokémon.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Also, I'm not holding my breath for them to "significantly improve" the client anytime soon. Since for whatever reason they chose to not make this something akin to Legends Of Runeterra, Arena, etc, where the goal is to make real bucks from it, what are their incentives here? What is truly pushing them to deliver on this? Sometimes a shareholder breathing down your neck for results is a good thing.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
I don't understand why don't they just give you a wild card for each extra that you have? Something like MTG Arena does
I'm only talking about migrating from PTCGO. You get credits when you pull copies beyond what you can play in game.

Samaritan

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I don't understand why people hate Live so much. I hated ptcgo because all I wanted to do was play standard, but that was impossible with the horrible trading market. 40-50 packs for meta cards was not financially feasible for me and for many other people. With Live at least it's a lot easier to get a meta relevant standard deck without breaking the bank. I feel like the people who want Live to be a platform to collect the cards are going to be disappointed. It is pretty obvious that they are developing the client for standard (and eventually expanded) play and not as a digital collectible platform.

Nirvanna21

Mew.
I don't understand why people hate Live so much. I hated ptcgo because all I wanted to do was play standard, but that was impossible with the horrible trading market. 40-50 packs for meta cards was not financially feasible for me and for many other people. With Live at least it's a lot easier to get a meta relevant standard deck without breaking the bank. I feel like the people who want Live to be a platform to collect the cards are going to be disappointed. It is pretty obvious that they are developing the client for standard (and eventually expanded) play and not as a digital collectible platform.

Funny thing is, it works even better as a collectors platform as well. You can literally by the cards using credits. The only issue is not being able to get credits for cards without hitting the cap, which reduces it to "let's get as many celebration code cards as possible".

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
Wait, what was wrong with BDSP? I thoroughly enjoyed it myself. The only shitty thing was restricting Arceus to having played legends.
BDSP was hot garbage held together with scotch tape and twine. ILCA didn't know what they were doing. Also I really didn't want to play a worse version of Diamond and Pearl. Remakes should be better and this wasnt

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer

Trading in ptcgo is absolutely fine, it's truly market driven, instead of the shady bullshit in stuff like arena where you have to churn through expensive packs nonstop hoping to get the cards you need or crack them until you have enough wildcards. The way you describe it is just not an accurate representation of how it goes. Even new hot cards rarely cost that many packs, and nobody "needs" to play the new hot cards the day the new set comes out, you can easily have multiple tier 1 decks that just cost like 50 packs for the entire deck. Actually, you can build lostbox for what, like 20 packs or less? And if you play for even a little while, you end up with all the staples, trainers, etc, in that case you should be able to acquire the actual mons in the deck for even less. Hell, I live in a country where my currency is worth about 1/5,5 of a us dollar, and even buying the codes in dollars, making about minimum wage and a 1/2 where I live, I managed to acquire a truly massive collection of cards on PTCGO over the years. The crapping on the ptcgo market is just unfair, period, I have yet to see a single fair point being made about it from people who complain about it. A Silver Tempest code is freaking 28 cents for crying out loud.

Last edited:

cruithear

Aspiring Trainer
Trading in ptcgo is absolutely fine, it's truly market driven, instead of the shady bullshit in stuff like arena where you have to churn through expensive packs nonstop hoping to get the cards you need or crack them until you have enough wildcards. The way you describe it is just not an accurate representation of how it goes. Even new hot cards rarely cost that many packs, and nobody "needs" to play the new hot cards the day the new set comes out, you can easily have multiple tier 1 decks that just cost like 50 packs for the entire deck. Hell, I live in a country where my currency is worth about 1/5,5 of a us dollar, and even buying the codes in dollars, making about minimum wage and a 1/2 where I live, I managed to acquire a truly massive collection of cards on PTCGO over the years. The crapping on the ptcgo market is just unfair, period, I have yet to see a single fair point being made about it from people who complain about it.
If you're not seeing fair points, you're just ignoring the fair points like the one made above. The market is absolutely not reasonable, with cards like Arceus VSTAR still going for >10 packs AFTER the ladder rewards giving Arceus VSTAR. I have been able to build several meta decks on Live to the ONE I was able to build on PTCGO (Zoroark VSTAR, which went out of meta very quickly).

To argue that it's in any way more difficult to get cards on Live is disingenuous. There are plenty of other issues with Live, but the ability to build decks reasonably is not one.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
If you're not seeing fair points, you're just ignoring the fair points like the one made above. The market is absolutely not reasonable, with cards like Arceus VSTAR still going for >10 packs AFTER the ladder rewards giving Arceus VSTAR. I have been able to build several meta decks on Live to the ONE I was able to build on PTCGO (Zoroark VSTAR, which went out of meta very quickly).

To argue that it's in any way more difficult to get cards on Live is disingenuous. There are plenty of other issues with Live, but the ability to build decks reasonably is not one.
I never said anything about acquiring cards on Live. I only said the whining about trading in ptcgo has no footing in reality. You're really complaining that an all-star staple like Arceus Vstar costs 10 packs, when you can buy a pack for 28 cents. AND you could have 2 copies already because the game literally gave them you? Have you tried keeping up with Magic on Arena? You really have no idea what bad economy looks like.

Shining Goodra

HeeHee - Michael Jackson
Everyone complaining over Live will be playing it as soon as Online goes to its final resting place. R.I.P PTCGO. Let the good times roll!

cruithear

Aspiring Trainer
I never said anything about acquiring cards on Live. I only said the whining about trading in ptcgo has no footing in reality. You're really complaining that an all-star staple like Arceus Vstar costs 10 packs, when you can buy a pack for 28 cents. AND you could have 2 copies already because the game literally gave them you? Have you tried keeping up with Magic on Arena? You really have no idea what bad economy looks like.
Gave them to me? I had to play a ton of games to get the ONE unlocked for my daughter (I'm on Live on my own account), and I don't recall one being on the ladder prior (I started around Astral Radiance time?).

And being that this is an entire discussion around Live vs PTCGO, I'm not sure how else I'm supposed to interpret your comments. Arceus VSTAR has absolutely not been a staple in this meta, so arguing that it is an all-star right now is pretty odd. It also does not cost 10 packs, it costs more than 10, and that's spending a lot of time trying to find the very best trade.

Why in the WORLD would I be keeping up with Magic? This is Pokemon, I play Pokemon. And the trading economy is absolutely crap for anyone not spending a chunk of money that would be better spent on actual, physical cards. If a real Arceus VSTAR is $9, and the digital version is $3+, that's insane.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Why in the WORLD would I be keeping up with Magic? This is Pokemon, I play Pokemon. And the trading economy is absolutely crap for anyone not spending a chunk of money that would be better spent on actual, physical cards. If a real Arceus VSTAR is $9, and the digital version is $3+, that's insane.

What's insane is that you think that's bad. Like I said, even making next to minimum wage, and having to technically spend more than 5x as much money to buy the same codes, I managed to have a huge collection, the last time I was keeping up with standard I had so many different decks assembled that it was not even funny. Like I said, you don't have to have the "BDIF" every format, there are plenty of options, reasonable, strong, results putting decks that can be easily assembled. And then again, if you're really that competitive, why aren't you just farming tournaments? All you need is one decent deck, and you can farm packs like crazy, specially when the new set comes out, it gives double the amount of packs as prizes, I got hundreds and hundreds of packs that way, people enter the tournament playing decks that are not even meme worthy I kid you not. But it's like I said, even if you ignore the fact that you can win packs by playing (and winning, which is not hard to do for the reasons I described), it's not expensive at all to get what you need to play through trades. People will give you like 12 staple trainers for a 28 cent pack. In no time anyone can have pretty much the entire "base" of the format and just buy the mons here and there. I'm talking about magic for perspective, which you obviously lack. Trading in ptcgo and getting what you need there is a piece of cake, period. Like I said, if I can make it with ease, having to pay 5,5 times as much and being somewhat broke, the only way I can believe anyone that says trading is "too expensive" on ptcgo is if they also say they are hobos on the street depending on change to get by.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Ok, so we're just lying now. Cool. Have fun with your minimum wage expenditures.

Apparently you're just lazy and don't know how to get the best out of the trading market. I have made multiple trades where I would get 12 or so trainers/special energies for a pack. You just don't have the patience to make the right offers or look for the right ones. If you don't have the time to make the best of the system, that's ok, but that's a you problem, not a system problem. And was that an attempt of a jab at how much money I used to make back then? We're getting real desperate, huh?

Gashnet

Aspiring Trainer
Nothing has changed. I doubt anyone here saw PTCGO when it launched because it was just as unusable and they hardly fixed their still broken trading system. TPCi should've fired them sooner.

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
While part of me is surprised by this news considering how bug ridden PTCGL still is, another part of me realizes it's probably to reduce time and resources wasted on a software they've been planning on ditching for some time now... hopefully said time and resources are being allocated towards PTCGL and this is not just layoffs.
There wont be, apparently ptgco was created by direwolf company and ptgcl is a different company. So we wont expect better results from what pgcl is now

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
Moral of the story, be careful what you wish for. Imo, Live is unacceptable as is, it's not even funny how bad it is. I will only transfer my account when PTCGO is announced to end, and I will only touch Live when it's not a joke anymore.
All ive been hearing throughput 2022, was its constant bugs keep popping up, and still how bad the UI is

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
I think “the end of online PTCG” is a bit of a stretch but ok
Anyone know why this company is getting stupider?
Live is clearly a buggy mess that gets worse with every set release.
I've been playing the Live beta for over a year and I STILL can't view my collection outside of editing/creating a new deck.
Do they have cleaning staff developing this game? Why is it so bad?
Its bad alright. They are using a different company to make pgcl, rather the ones from ptgco