pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
Also, I'm not holding my breath for them to "significantly improve" the client anytime soon. Since for whatever reason they chose to not make this something akin to Legends Of Runeterra, Arena, etc, where the goal is to make real bucks from it, what are their incentives here? What is truly pushing them to deliver on this? Sometimes a shareholder breathing down your neck for results is a good thing.
They had more than a year to develop the game, but all we hear is how much glitches there have been. I thinj they intended to release the game as it is. The real reason are doing this now is because they hoped all the bad news about pgcl has blown over by now. And they are getting antsy on releasing the game so they can start profittng off the mtx.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Its bad alright. They are using a different company to make pgcl, rather the ones from ptgco
They're not using any company actually. They hired an internal team that seems to have no experience with game development or Pokemon TCG. It seems like some higher ups simply underestimated the difficulty in building an app like this.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
They had more than a year to develop the game, but all we hear is how much glitches there have been. I thinj they intended to release the game as it is. The real reason are doing this now is because they hoped all the bad news about pgcl has blown over by now. And they are getting antsy on releasing the game so they can start profittng off the mtx.
There are no microtransactions, and they won't be added at launch.

jbcheshire

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I've downloaded the Live version on to my ipad pro and I have to say that it is really clunky. The lack of being able to turn off animations is a real downside to me. Selecting a card to use the Pokemon's ability or an attack can be very tricky since both are so close to each other, and you don't get to confirm which one you are doing after tapping on it. I also hate that you can't play it on Landscape mode and are stuck with it in Portrait. This compacts the screen from side to side and makes it harder to view some of the things shown. And the lack of being able to play through some games with some computer players to help beginners learn the game is a shame as well..

Not sure if it's me or not, but it appears there are some times of the day when it is hard to find someone to compete against on Live as well...

I've been playing TCGO for a number of years without investing a lot of money into getting the cards, and I am really going to miss it when it is gone. I sure hope they make some major updates with improvements to Live or I may not be playing the online version much longer after March.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Apparently you're just lazy and don't know how to get the best out of the trading market. I have made multiple trades where I would get 12 or so trainers/special energies for a pack. You just don't have the patience to make the right offers or look for the right ones. If you don't have the time to make the best of the system, that's ok, but that's a you problem, not a system problem. And was that an attempt of a jab at how much money I used to make back then? We're getting real desperate, huh?
I have to agree here. If you put effort into the trade system, you will definitely do well. It's kind of a pain I'll admit, but totally doable. Not arguing which system is better, just saying the PTCGO market can work. I'll look at the market at figure out what people want other than the hot cards, gather those up with low cost trades and then offer trades of those cards for higher cost meta cards. Works pretty well, but you have to be patient.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Just wanna add that I suffered through PTCGO's horrid interface for hours every day I played it, and dealt with the game-ruining bugs every single time I played for more than 5 hours. And that's not even mentioning the perpetually HORRIBLE internet problems that I faced throughout multiple houses and phones. Not once during my entire time playing PTCGO did I ever have a stable connection while playing it, but I was fine with, let's say, Battlefield 4 or Red Crucible Firestorm.
So, where was your guys' energy for this for PTCGO? Hm? I begged YEARS ago for the devs to look into the tons of bugs and quite frankly I never heard a peep from you clowns. Whether or not you like PTCGL is up to you, but it is so upsetting seeing this rose-tinted history revisionism. PTCGO sucked and we should not celebrate it, IMO.

LexGoyle

Aspiring Trainer
Kinda not happy about HGSS being lost in the transition. It would be preferable if they simply included the entire catalog from base set for those of us who play with friends and like the old school cards. Plus easy enough to tag them as invalid cards for any sort of "official" play.

Nirvanna21

Mew.
I have to agree here. If you put effort into the trade system, you will definitely do well. It's kind of a pain I'll admit, but totally doable. Not arguing which system is better, just saying the PTCGO market can work. I'll look at the market at figure out what people want other than the hot cards, gather those up with low cost trades and then offer trades of those cards for higher cost meta cards. Works pretty well, but you have to be patient.

Whereas in live, you simply use credits to get the cards you want, credits that you can grind for doing dailies or seasons. Literally took me 3mins to find and get the cards I wanted to upgrade an already provided for Lugia VSTAR deck.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Kinda not happy about HGSS being lost in the transition. It would be preferable if they simply included the entire catalog from base set for those of us who play with friends and like the old school cards. Plus easy enough to tag them as invalid cards for any sort of "official" play.
They haven't even implemented XY and BW cards for play yet. Adding everything since base set would probably take them 10+ years.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Checked today and Live still doesn't work on chromebook... it also constantly crashes on my relatively new phone to the point of being unplayable. migrating my account was a mistake

*unhappy face*

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
I totally regret migrating to his crappy live version and I cannot go backwards. I cannot even play expanded on PTCG live. I think this is where I just quit playing PTCG as a whole.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Whereas in live, you simply use credits to get the cards you want, credits that you can grind for doing dailies or seasons. Literally took me 3mins to find and get the cards I wanted to upgrade an already provided for Lugia VSTAR deck.
Yeah, I'm sure. Like I said, not arguing which is better, just relating that the trading market isn't totally broken or anything. Honestly that kind of trading is its own kind of game. When you manage to reach your trading goal, there is this sense of accomplishment about it. I can see why people would not be into that; it's just not broken IMHO.

Last edited:

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
I totally regret migrating to his crappy live version and I cannot go backwards. I cannot even play expanded on PTCG live. I think this is where I just quit playing PTCG as a whole.
I doubt they will implement expanded for a long time. Only because they want people to start spending money to buy the codes. And having expanded means players are less likely to buy cards right at launch date.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
I doubt they will implement expanded for a long time. Only because they want people to start spending money to buy the codes. And having expanded means players are less likely to buy cards right at launch date.
No, just no. This is such a ridiculous opinion. They don't even make money from code sellers. The reason it won't completed for a long time is that they can't even implement new sets properly yet. Not everything is a nefarious money-making plot.