vexel

Aspiring Trainer
Assuming Charizard gets an alt art like Arceus. We'll probably see prices similar or beyond what the Rayquaza vmax alt was at release.

Ranger64

Mewtwo Mastermind
This set looks amazing! The charizard isn't ideal for how much of this set I want to buy, but I feel like this might end up being a set that they print a lot of and use for extras in boxes. Can't wait to get my hands on a lot of those character cards either. So like the game that will be releasing around then, it's Arceus themed, but it also had "Brilliant" in its name, meaning it will likely reflect on all three of the Sinnoh games. The description also says that it will have Vmaxes, meaning we will be able to see where the other Gigantamax Pokemon will be.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
I wish we'd get that Evolution format they suggested in the survey already, I'm so tired of big basics and their evos lol

5Ban back again with the big stuff, very unfortunate. Good thing the Character Rares are good stuff.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Now that the theory that VSTAR will only be Sinnoh/ Hisui Pokemon is dead and buried, I pray for an Espeon or Mimikyu VSTAR that's actually good.
What theory? No one ever said that we would only get Sinnoh Pokemon in these sets.

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
I wish the game designers would stop trying to make such obvious set-in-stone archetypes. The combo of all of these Fire cards is a bit on the nose. Let the players discover their own archetypes, don't try and control them so much
I would say their job as “game designers” would mean that their primary responsibility is designing the game. These kinds of obvious combos have existed within the game for a long time, but I think we still often see the ingenuity of the player base shine through

I mean, they’re not going to make a bunch of random cards and say “well, we don’t know exactly how these will work, but hopefully the players can make something fun/interesting out of these!”

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Investors, Collectors, Players REJOICE! This set is for everyone!
And you lost me at the bolded part, those worthless piles of scum are taking advantage of the current supply issues (and TPCi’s own general ineptitude) and making it exponentially worse for the other two parts you mentioned.The only way I could see this getting any better is if we get a fiasco on MUCH worse level than the May 7th Target incident and it actually manages to ruffle TPCi’s feathers in addition to Target’s.

The only thing Pokémon TCG ”investors” deserve is to be openly mocked, ridiculed, and ostracized while also spitting on the very ground they walk on.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
I wish the game designers would stop trying to make such obvious set-in-stone archetypes. The combo of all of these Fire cards is a bit on the nose. Let the players discover their own archetypes, don't try and control them so much
Man, you would hate literally any other card game.