Mist Energy, Rabsca from “Wild Force” and “Cyber Judge”

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Mist Energy and Rabsca have been revealed from Japan’s Wild Force and Cyber Judge, which will release in Japan on January 26th. We expect their cards to become part of our Temporal Forces set in March.
Rellor – Grass – HP50
Basic Pokémon
[C] Slight Intrusion: 30 damage. This Pokémon also does 10 damage to itself.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Rabsca – Grass – HP70
Stage 1 – Evolves from Rellor
Ability: Spherical Shield
Prevent all damage from and effects of attacks...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Does that mean it also stop other affects that manaphy and jirachi do not
It's basically both Manaphy and Jirachi combined into one card, with the added bonus of preventing effects from non-basic Pokemon attacks. Notably this one blocks Tsareena and Hisuian Braviary.

Does that mean it also stop other affects that manaphy and jirachi do not
It combines Jirachi and Manaphy and also prevents damage and effects from attacks of evolved Pokémon. Nevertheless cards such as Iron Crown ex still pierce through the bench protection since it's attack ignores all effects on the Pokémon it attacks.

This is not an auto win against sableye. This will however be a high powered counter to lost box.

But lost box will easily be able to adapt by playing cross switcher + canceling cologne or just Iron hands.

Cool card that ad depth to deck building and metagaming when considering we already have manaphy and Jirachi

This is not an auto win against sableye. This will however be a high powered counter to lost box.

But lost box will easily be able to adapt by playing cross switcher + canceling cologne or just Iron hands.

Cool card that ad depth to deck building and metagaming when considering we already have manaphy and Jirachi
Cross Switcher will be rotated when this card comes out but prime catcher will be a similar idea although, it'll be only once.

I think tcg just needs to stop cooking so hard with bench attacks because its getting a bit ridiculous and none of these counter cards feel good to include.

Calling Buddy Poffin an "insane buff to Lost Box" is pretty amusing.
That’s fair. It can’t search out Sableye. I’m jumping to conclusions because I’m so excited that Gardevoir has a new great tool, sorry about that. It’s a buff, but not an insane one lol idk what I was thinking looking back tbh

That’s fair. It can’t search out Sableye. I’m jumping to conclusions because I’m so excited that Gardevoir has a new great tool, sorry about that. It’s a buff, but not an insane one lol idk what I was thinking looking back tbh
I don't know that I'd call it a buff at all. It gets Comfey (and Manaphy and Jirachi, if you're running them) and that's it.

Is it decent? Sure, but Battle VIP Pass, which rotates when this becomes tournament legal, does that already and can *also* get Cramorant or whatever other 'mon you want turn one. And you're probably not digging for multiple Comfey all that often after Turn 1 anyway. So really... is it fair to even call it a buff?

Both cards are pretty good. The energy provides an answer to Roaring Moon and Giratina for tankier decks, like I may run it as a 1 of in Garchomp ex (which while the main attack costs Fightning energy, after the first Fighting energy attachment you never need to attach one manually again).

Rabsca gives me flashbacks of Daunting Pose Machoke which prevented damage to your benched Pokemon and also damage counters from attacks and abilities to your bench, but this trades preventing damage counters from abilities to the bench for preventing other attack effects (which may not be as valuable, but it's still solid).

It's more of a sidegrade. While it's absolutely better in grabbing Comfeys if you whiff it turn 1, the fact that it cant grab R. Greninja and Cramorant is big enough of a downside.

I'm wondering if Mist Energy blocks TM Devolution, or if it's like Path to the Peak+Forest Seal Stone

Rabsca: The unholy fusion dance of Manaphy, Jirachi, and a very heavy hitting single prizer on Charizard with Supereffective Glasses. Downside? Only 210 damage and is a Stage 1, making it more risky to get on the field with Level Ball getting consolidated with VIP Pass. Buddy Poffin just syncs with Jirachi and Manaphy so much better it almost seems not worth playing. Almost.

Mist Energy is really just another tool for Lugia to not be able to use because all the other decks are just so much better. Poor guy.

Both of these cards seem pretty neat and viable, although I don't see Rabsca being used over Manaphy because it has to evolve and can be sniped by Radiant Greninja before evolving.

Back