Grookey, Scorbunny, Sobble from 'Pokemon Sword' and 'Shield!'

fungjk

Aspiring Trainer
I'm looking forward to new details, but I do have to wonder. Why another monkey starter Pokemon? There are so many others they could have chosen, and they chose to do one they've already done. I think maybe a bear or a squirrel would have been fun, there were a lot of choices. Oh well.
It'll probably evolve into a gorilla. Pickup, torchic, and rowlet are all birds. And charmander and treeko are lizards. Many repeats but the end results are always different

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Well, Aegislash had better be in here or this generation officially makes no sense.
Also:
I JUST REALIZED GOOMY COULD BE HERE!
(No Goomy, no play. Please have Goomy.)

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I'd love to see the Let's Go overworld mechanic also, though I understand that others don't like it (though I assume there's a reason beyond 'it's what we always have done'?)

Perhaps they could have both as options? Not that Nintendo would ever give you options for the UI, but random encounters will really feel like a downgrade after Let's Go. Seeing Pokémon walking around the map was, and is, amazing, and makes it _much_ easier to play the way I like to play at least.

As far as the starters... meh, boring honestly, and the names make no sense. But maybe they'll feel more normal after I've played a few dozen hours? And, that bunny had better have a Killer Bunny evolution...

Mountain Wrecker

Soggy Cardboard.
I'd love to see the Let's Go overworld mechanic also, though I understand that others don't like it (though I assume there's a reason beyond 'it's what we always have done'?)

Perhaps they could have both as options? Not that Nintendo would ever give you options for the UI, but random encounters will really feel like a downgrade after Let's Go. Seeing Pokémon walking around the map was, and is, amazing, and makes it _much_ easier to play the way I like to play at least.

As far as the starters... meh, boring honestly, and the names make no sense. But maybe they'll feel more normal after I've played a few dozen hours? And, that bunny had better have a Killer Bunny evolution...
GAMEFREAK: lets create some cool pokemon designs and names
Also GAMEFREAK: lol lets make a grass monkey and name it g r o o k e y

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?

AAHH MONTY PYTHON
(Oh, and I’m glad to see Gyms come back.)
obsession-over-characters-who-start-with-the-letter-"G" gang.
GOOMY GANG GOOMY GANG GOOMY GANG

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
I didn’t like the designs of the starters until I saw the Ken Sugimori artwork.

I’m hoping for some good shiny hunting methods besides masuda and random encounters. I’d love to see fish chaining or dexnaving. No sos, no catching chains, no poke radar.

Also I hope Pokemon can’t flee. Also hope catching mechanic is like past games where you don’t have to aim the controller to throw. That killed any interest I had in shiny hunting in lets go.

Was also hoping pokemon could follow you.

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Was able to try and sneak watching whatever I can out of the direct at work, muted unfortunately . #TeamSoarbunny for sure. Also this game looks magnificent!

EDIT: Oh I'm dumb I thought that said Soarbunny not Scorbunny. Still a cool name though.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Wonder when we'll get Sword and Shield base set. Sun & Moon came out ~3 months later (Dec. in Japan, February in US); will it be similar here, I wonder?

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Was able to try and sneak watching whatever I can out of the direct at work, muted unfortunately . #TeamSoarbunny for sure. Also this game looks magnificent!

You're not missing too much on the audio, though the music is cute. Just developers saying standard things about a new game they're not willing to actually tell us anything about yet since it's probably not even close to finished.

Purrloin

Scorbunny = Score Bunny = a soccer player Pokémon

I feel like Sobble will be a marine iguana since they are known for crying saltwater (also sneezing).

Also I wonder if Grookey’s head stick will become a propeller and he’ll be a flying monkey.

jinjitsu

Aspiring Trainer
Is it just me or does Galar looks a bit like Westeros of Game of Thrones? Especially with that wall to the ice region in the north XD

PokeDan23

Pokemon Fan Since 1999
So it looks like the walking slow/tip-toeing mechanic is back. The female trainer was doing it just before the random encounter started.

I think Scorbunny is scorch + bunny. And Sobble most likely is based off of a chameleon as it was camouflaging in the water.

In terms of the Galar Region, when I first heard it pronounced I thought of the words "gallant" and "valor" being put together (even though valor has an "o" at the end and Galar has an "a" at the end).

ScrawnyMeowth1

The Maker of Pokemon Lists
Grookey: a fatter, grass-type version of Chimchar.
Scorbunny: a cool rabbit guy.
Sobble: a bootleg Mudkip.

Overall, I think Scorbunny is my favorite, just because it looks cool and it's the first rabbit starter.

I think the Old England/Knights/Shakespeare is a really cool idea, and I can't wait to see the legendaries.