Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

YES! Hopefully we get another N full art! Also, why is nobody talking about the new holo pattern on Zygarde and Mew?

Because that isn't a new holo pattern, its just the Japanese holo pattern.

If Zygarde actually hits something on the opponents bench for 50 its a pretty viable poke if you can power it up efficiently, fighting fury belt+ fighting stadium+ strong energy = 170 to active + 50 to the bench with 160HP, that is pretty good.

Why is everyone hating on N honestly we don't have the best draw support

Shauna- Only 5 cards

Birch- 50% chance of getting only 4 cards

Sycamore- have to discard your whole hand

Ace Trainer- Have to be losing

Octillary/Shaymin EX-takes up a bech slot (more so for Shaymin)

Insane Night March support and N reprint?

I. am. done.

My disagreement with the direction of the game have never been this severe. PCL is disconnected from the players. I really hoped the massive fail in Lysandre's Trump Card was going to inspire PCL to recollect themselves and strive to create a fresh, creative, and fun meta. N is a very 'blueshell' card, it could be argued it made sense when it was printed as EX were a new thing with the whole 2 prize thing, but not anymore. PCL gives us Ace Trainer and Judge, then decide to give us N? N in an XY set doesn't even make any sense. PCL is a mess.

I'm still going to follow the game, play online, and post here the same as I do now, but I'm certainly taking a hiatus from going to any events and purchasing any Pokemon TCG goods. N and Laserbank were my biggest no-no cards. This sucks.

Insane Night March support and N reprint?

I. am. done.

My disagreement with the direction of the game have never been this severe. PCL is disconnected from the players. I really hoped the massive fail in Lysandre's Trump Card was going to inspire PCL to recollect themselves and strive to create a fresh, creative, and fun meta. N is a very 'blueshell' card, it could be argued it made sense when it was printed as EX were a new thing with the whole 2 prize thing, but not anymore. PCL gives us Ace Trainer and Judge, then decide to give us N? N in an XY set doesn't even make any sense. PCL is a mess.

I'm still going to follow the game, play online, and post here the same as I do now, but I'm certainly taking a hiatus from going to any events and purchasing any Pokemon TCG goods. N and Laserbank were my biggest no-no cards. This sucks.
Wait so you're completely boycotting pokémon just because they reprinted one card? *Facepalm*

Wait so you're completely boycotting pokémon just because they reprinted one card? *Facepalm*

I have been going to less and less tournaments over the past few sets, and have found other new interests I have been getting into and spending my time doing. It's not about a single card, my enjoyment has been dwindling steadily and I have been spending much much less to keep up with the new cards meaning my deck choice has been getting thinner and thinner. I'm not competing for Worlds, I'm going for enjoyment. N being reprinted is an excellent excuse to back off completely and spend more time pursuing my other interests.

And again, I'm still going to be following and playing the game online, just not going to the 1-2 tournaments I go to within each set.

I'm happy with N's comeback to standard. How do you think they'll reintroduce the G-Booster for Genesect EX? Ahahahahaha

Now being serious, Virizion's role has been given to Palkia EX (and Slurpuff XY took the ability role), so I doubt they're going to do the same in a [M] pokémon.

N isnt that bad imo but i agree it seems strange that they went the route of Ace Trainer and Judge as opponent-shuffling cards with an element of self-sacrifice or strategy and then gave free access to shuffling your opponents hands every turn again with N. Its just a shame because it encourages a kinda braindead "ill play everything every single turn because i expect my hand will completely change next turn" mentality which had seemed to lift slightly. I cant imagine situations where i'd want to use Ace Trainer in my deck over N now

Do spoons really appear in the air when you use that ability!? I will be disappointed if it does not happen.

I like the sweet playmat they are using, where can I get something like that?

Also noticed Japanese cards have a different card back than American? OR were they using sleeves, cause it didn't look like those cards were sleeved.

Also, one of them had a cup of tea at the table. These guys are renegades having drinks at the table and playing with unsleeved cards!

I've only played in standard, so didn't suffer under the tyrrany of N in BW, but it seems less egregious to the meta overall than Night March itself.

Why is everyone hating on N honestly we don't have the best draw support

Shauna- Only 5 cards

Birch- 50% chance of getting only 4 cards

Sycamore- have to discard your whole hand

Ace Trainer- Have to be losing

Octillary/Shaymin EX-takes up a bech slot (more so for Shaymin)

Well, subjective. There isn't anything wrong with the current draw, it's just slower than the previous format, but reprinting a card like N and thus putting the same draw effect in a format that is supposed to be fresh and different is just making the Standard format more and more the same as Expanded. Garbodor, Skyla, N, Float Stone, a "Rush In" effect, Darkrai-EX as Manaphy-EX, Virizion-EX as Palkia-EX, Blastoise as Magnezone, Flareon as Vespiquen, Mr Mime and the like all were prominent cards that helped defined the past BW eras.

My issue with N is because a) I don't feel like Standard is fresh anymore and b) N has nothing to do with XY.

Looks like the N reprint comes in either the M Audino deck or the Zygarde deck since it is not a first edition card. On usual starter deck cards are not first edition cards in Japan. I like the reprint of N. The format is still rather diverse but it is not even more reliant on the local meta than before. Mew also looks nice. it is a little less versatile than Mew Ex but comes at a much lower cost.

Well, subjective. There isn't anything wrong with the current draw, it's just slower than the previous format, but reprinting a card like N and thus putting the same draw effect in a format that is supposed to be fresh and different is just making the Standard format more and more the same as Expanded. Garbodor, Skyla, N, Float Stone, a "Rush In" effect, Darkrai-EX as Manaphy-EX, Virizion-EX as Palkia-EX, Blastoise as Magnezone, Flareon as Vespiquen, Mr Mime and the like all were prominent cards that helped defined the past BW eras.

My issue with N is because a) I don't feel like Standard is fresh anymore and b) N has nothing to do with XY.

At least there's some balancing out of cards before N. Manaphy is weaker and doesn't really have a strong attack, Magnezone is harder to get out than Blastosie now, Vespiquen has less viable Pokémon techs than Flareon in my opinion and so forth. I think N though is going to be more deadly than before in some ways due to more ways to reduce/eliminate an opponent's hand if they cannot get in to a supporter or Shaymin EX that turn. We won't really know the impact till we get the set.

At least there's some balancing out of cards before N. Manaphy is weaker and doesn't really have a strong attack, Magnezone is harder to get out than Blastosie now, Vespiquen has less viable Pokémon techs than Flareon in my opinion and so forth. I think N though is going to be more deadly than before in some ways due to more ways to reduce/eliminate an opponent's hand if they cannot get in to a supporter or Shaymin EX that turn. We won't really know the impact till we get the set.
Have to say that's a relief (less power creep, so I'm happy there :p ), though its still the same old effect at the end of the day, which gets me a little disappointed. Optimistically, their new trainers and Mega Pokemon are generally not /too/ bad for freshness at the moment.

Back