Five to Ten Things You Want Out of Pokémon Sun & Moon

It's weak because Ice needs another strength and it makes about as much sense as Ice being weak to Rock.

Ice is offensively one of the better types though, it doesn't really need any help in that department.
(although defensively I do think it definitely needs buffs to be on par with other types)

Ice is offensively one of the better types though, it doesn't really need any help in that department.
(although defensively I do think it definitely needs buffs to be on par with other types)
I know it's good offensively, but most are defensive or have low speed, so therefore it needs a huge defensive buff.

Offensive Ice Types:
Weavile
Kyurem
Mamoswine
Frost Rotom
Mega Glalie

Defensive Ice Types:
Avalugg
Glaceon
Regice
Cloyster
Cryogonal

Useless, due to low speed:
Vanilluxe
Beartic
Walrein
Articuno
Delibird
Aurorus
Mega Abomasnow

Last edited:
1. Ice given some buffs
2. Keep character customization. If GameFreak pulls the whole "we can't keep using cool features for all the games, they make them specialllll" thing again, I'm going to lose my mind
3. More stories like the Delta event in ORAS so that legendary Pokemon are not just idle statues waiting to be caught
4. Online plaza or riot plz (gen 4 online was the bomb)
5. Battle Frontier or riot plz (gen 3 after math was the bomb)
6. Mega Shiftry and/or Breloom plz
7. E4 with teams that are not push overs (seriously, XY's E4 was pretty pathetic)
8. A promo TCG card that comes with copies of the game (for example a Yveltal promo for Y and a Xerneas promo for X. That would have been cool asf)
9. Stop acting like no one over the age of 7 plays your games, please. These things are getting easier and easier

That's all I got.

It's weak because Ice needs another strength and it makes about as much sense as Ice being weak to Rock.
Yeah but rock can crush ice. I guess you mean that way because ice is so closely related to water.

Yeah but rock can crush ice. I guess you mean that way because ice is so closely related to water.
Water can also get into rocks, freeze, then break them apart due to expansion.

1. Ice given some buffs
2. Keep character customization. If GameFreak pulls the whole "we can't keep using cool features for all the games, they make them specialllll" thing again, I'm going to lose my mind
3. More stories like the Delta event in ORAS so that legendary Pokemon are not just idle statues waiting to be caught
4. Online plaza or riot plz (gen 4 online was the bomb)
5. Battle Frontier or riot plz (gen 3 after math was the bomb)
6. Mega Shiftry and/or Breloom plz
7. E4 with teams that are not push overs (seriously, XY's E4 was pretty pathetic)
8. A promo TCG card that comes with copies of the game (for example a Yveltal promo for Y and a Xerneas promo for X. That would have been cool asf)
9. Stop acting like no one over the age of 7 plays your games, please. These things are getting easier and easier

That's all I got.

1. Agreed 100%. Hail should really give a buff, as it's stupid that it doesn't. Ice should also get Ground resistance, as Ground is pretty OP.
2. Yeah, imagine if they had the "one-time only" thing back in gen 2 with breeding!
3. There probably won't be a third version.
4. Didn't Gen 5 have something like that? I guess it was a bit more isolated.
5. I agree, also, gen 4 had the BF too.
6. IMO, there are enough gen 3 Megas.
7. Yeah, they got rid of difficulty, yet just kept Easy Mode instead of Normal. >_>
9. At least gen 5 was more of a challenge too! It's like they stopped caring about post-game content and just make the games very shallow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's good offensively, but most are defensive or have low speed, so therefore it needs a huge defensive buff.

Offensive Ice Types:
Weavile
Kyurem
Mamoswine
Frost Rotom
Mega Glalie

Defensive Ice Types:
Avalugg
Glaceon
Regice
Cloyster
Cryogonal

Useless, due to low speed:
Vanilluxe
Beartic
Walrein
Articuno
Delibird
Aurorus
Mega Abomasnow

I'm confused. You said that it would be strong against your hypothetical Sound type because it needs another strength but now you're saying it's good offensively...?
Also, saying defensive Ice types is pretty akin to saying 'useless Ice types'. The only ones on your list I really see in competitive are Avalugg and Cloyster (and the latter more for Shell Smash than anything else). Everything else doesn't really see much use (Glaceon and Regice being some of the more uncommon of their respective groups) (also I'm not sure if Cryogonal is the best example of a defensive Pokemon, because whilst yes it does have impressive special defense, it's physical defensive stat is so low that any physical move from a decent attacking 'mon will put a dent into it)
(also, if Articuno is useless because of low speed then surely Frost Rotom is the same? There's only 1 point difference between them)

Anyway, back to the topic:
A few other things I've thought of:
-different style storylines. Ever since gen3 it's been the same 'evil team has huge goals and are using the legendary Pokemon to achieve them but then they get stopped at the last moment by the hero' and it's getting kind of stale. I'd really like to see more of a gen 1/2 Team Rocket type team, more of a mafia gang than an evil team with absurd goals, and less of a 'legendary is vital to the plot', I actually enjoyed it in HG/SS when Ho-Oh and Lugia weren't so hugely involved in the story.
-A smaller (in comparison with X/Y) regional dex. X/Y had so much in that it felt like there was too much (as opposed to say, Platinum or B2/W2).
- another thing similar to the Underground from D/P/Pt, I really enjoyed that and I'd like to see something like it again.

Aside from general cool stuff like 6v6 Battle Spot and character customization, all I can think of is for GF to try to find more use out of Ice and Poison types.

Also, an actual endgame. Doesn't need to be Battle Frontier, but catching a few Legendaries and then having to rely on online just for decent battles is not endgame.

I guess I basically just want a game where GF doesn't decide to be lazy. Aside from the long overdue graphics update not much changed this Gen.

Honestly, I would like to see Ice type get the, obviously, much needed buff. I'd also like to see a few more grass-types or bug-types that are good at offense non-mega rather than setting up or stalling. Basically, like, more Scizors I suppose. And the last thing related to pokemon and battling and such is that there should be a new battle type. I mean, every odd generation adds a new battle type, so what about a Team Triple or a Multi Rotation or something?

Aside from all that, some character customization again. Even if it's to a lesser extent than X and Y. Oh, and more unlockable songs to use in the battles online, as well as different battlegrounds to show in the battles. It'd also be nice if it could save those settings or go random.

Hm, a few thing I would have liked:

- Return of player customization, with a greater variety of clothes. Especially for guys.
- Three regions in a game...? Wow, that would be awesome.
- Player winning a house after defeating the Champion which you can customize to your liking (like with the clothes).
- An option pre-game, where you can choose the difficulty.
- A new story post-game (like the Delta Episode) or more.
- Older Gen Legendaries catchable in-game (could actually have been the story/stories post-game).
- An option where you can choose if you want Pokémon to follow you on-screen, or not.

- Make the ice type not terrible [Such as something like Hail Rush]
- Increase difficulty [or at least include an option to.]
- Don't go the gen 5 route and make your region only new Pokémon. That was one of the bigger reasons I don't like gen 5.
- Return of player customization
- Make the evil team either competent, or Jessie, James, and Meowth level of incompetence yet hilarity.
- have Pokémon follow you around like in HGSS
- Tag Mode
- PWT returns
- Different Story that doesn't involve the legendary Pokémon in the way that is "the evil team is trying to use this legendary to accomplish their goal"
- HGSS/PT Battle Frontier
- Make Pichu catchable early-game
- Pokémon contests more like the Anime
- Bring back the underground
- Make the Gym leaders/E4 a part of the story

Well... Not that anybody would be interested to read... But anyway:

1: A DECENT Story. Not a childish one. A good one. A powerful one.
2: Sorry fellas, but "Sound" type makes no sense. Sound isn't an element. Nothing is composed from sound. So, I would say... No IMMUNITY to fairy for dragons, and if they invented a new type (which I'm against) then make it realistic.
3: Mega Milotic, Mega Walrein, Mega Flygon
4: Oh and A DECENT STORY! It's the only thing I want actually. A mature, story where you write your own future/destiny. Where you're not the "pure hearted boy" with luck beyond the wildest dreams. Where legendaries have a meaning.

...___...

Hey everyone,
Today I was discovering the depths of Hoenn again and I really like the underwater graphics.
I began to wonder; what if you have surf sprites for every (water type) Pokémon? I really want to see something like that in the games! So my question to you all is; What do you like to see in Pokémon?

- Cutscenes for every legendary Pokémon you are able to capture.
- More Pokémon sprites while soaring, so Instead of flying you can just soar with your Pokémon instead.
- Being able to see your Pokémon in the day care.

Last edited:
To me, these would be awesome.

1. Being able to go to other regions post-game. Seriously. That would definitely make the game last longer and more fun due to the fact that we could become Champion there, and just have an all new story-line for old regions.

2. Gym leader rematches. That would be wonderful, especially if they'd also have a mega evolution. And that takes us into...

3. More mega battles. I know mega evolution is supposed to be special, but no NPCs, other than story-line characters, E4, and champion, have it.

4. Harder NPCs. The NPCs have become way to easy. They have only one or two pokemon (three at most if on VR) and usually they can be K.O.'d with one hit.

5. More customization. That was my favorite thing about XY, the not-already-chosen character. If we could still have that, along with maybe more outfits, hair styles, etc, along with stuff like that for pokemon, that would be awesome.

6. Pokemon walking with you. The whole reason I bought SS was because of the fact that your pokemon walks with you. It really shows that 'bond' everyone in game keeps talking about.

7. NPC rematches. When making a new team post-game, it becomes really difficult to receive EXP points because you've defeated most NPCs. So either add rematches, or at least give more EXP from wild battles. (And money as well. How can I catch 600 pokemon with 10 poke dollars?)

8. New story-line. It's all the same; evil team using a legendary to achieve their goal. It's boring and predictable. New stuff please! Like, what if Maxie or Archie won? Or if Team Plasma liberated everyone's pokemon?

9. More post-game stuff. Once you've beat the game, all you can do is complete the pokedex, and when that's done, you have nothing else to do unless you reset the game.

10. More rival stuff please. I personally love the rivals, and feel like they get to small of a role. Especially post-game. It's like they disappear. At least have activities like battling, trading, or talking with them. And put them in the story line too.

11. (last one) Better in-game trades. Some people can't trade via Wi-fi or Spotpass. So, how can they get unobtainable pokemon for their pokedex? And not just that, many people refuse to trade good pokemon. Most GTS and normal traded pokemon are low-leveled. Not only that, but in the GTS, people are asking for Mews and Genesects and Hoopas for everything. We don't have them either. Get over it.

1) Cosmic & Sound Type

2) Regular evolutions (NOT Megas). Let older gen weaker Pokemon get real evolutions (excluding 3 stage lines for obvious reasons)

3) Dark Gym & Rock Gym.

4) More than 100+ new Pokemon. (I mean the starters + legendaries already take away about 20 spots)

5) More than one region. (so we can have more area's to explore, more Pokemon to catch and more gyms to fight)

6) More customization.

7) Gym Leader & NPC rematches.

8) The option to have a Pokemon walk beside you.

9) More post-game stuff.

Last edited:
1) A metric ton of new Pokemon, at least 100 again. And I'm not counting megas.
2) The ability to dress up your character again. The male characters always look horrendous, I need to be able to change that like in X/Y.
3) Challenge/Normal mode, select able right at the beginning.
4) A deeper story, something beyond "grab all the badges, defeat the E4 and complete the pokedex"
5) NPCs that are more fleshed out and get more screen time.
6) New evolutions/pre evolutions to existing pokemon. I'm particularly fond of split evolutions. Like give Dragonair a final stage that doesn't look like Charizard performed a fusion dance with Barney the Dinoaur...

1) The games should be longer, like the Johto games where you have to get 16 Badges, then defeat Red. Some of the other games, are just too short!
2) Fun Post Game. White 2/Black 2 had one nice thing, which was the White Treehollow/Black Tower to allow people to have a challenge after beating the game!
3) BATTLE FRONTIER!!! This got removed from ORAS :( :( :(

If Sun and Moon are in Hawaii, I think it would be cool if you unlocked different islands and caught different Pokémon on said islands! I also think they could expand the underwater!

1. The biggest change I want to see is more stat-boosting items for NFE Pokemon. Maybe something along the lines of an Eviolite for attacks (though it'd probably have to be a smaller increase than 50%, to avoid brokenness). Or some other added benefit to cancelling a Pokemon's evolution and using it beyond its typical evolve level.

2. I'd like for trainer customization to return with even more appearance options.

3. I want some alternate way to boost EVs because the Super Training soccer minigame has become dreadfully boring to me. Maybe Type-specific minigames, if anything at all.

4. No more IVs. I know this would cause an uproar, but I've always thought it'd make things less... frustrating.

5. Mega Solrock / Lunatone. It just has to happen at this point.

6. If the games don't take place in Kalos, at least have Kalos accessible in the post-game.

7. A platypus Pokemon. Why don't we have one yet?

Back