Five to Ten Things You Want Out of Pokémon Sun & Moon

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Which Five to Ten things do you want to come out of it or be in it?

1. Sound type. There are many sound-based moves, so I would like to see sound being implemented as a type.

Pokémon Type Changes:
Jigglypuff - Sound/Fairy
Wigglytuff - Sound/Fairy
Voltorb - Electric/Sound
Electrode - Electric/Sound
Igglybuff - Sound/Fairy
Misdreavus - Ghost/Sound
Taillow - Sound/Flying
Swellow - Sound/Flying
Whismur - Sound
Loudred - Sound
Exploud - Sound
Swablu - Sound/Flying
Altaria - Sound/Flying
Chimecho - Sound/Psychic
Kricketot - Sound/Bug
Kricketune - Sound/Bug
Mismagius - Ghost/Sound
Chingling - Sound/Psychic
Chatot - Sound/Flying
Yanmega - Bug/Sound
Tympole - Sound/Water
Palpitoad - Sound/Ground
Seismitoad - Sound/Ground
Meloetta Aria - Sound/Psychic
Meloetta Pirouette - Sound/Fighting
Fletchling - Sound/Flying
Pyroar - Sound/Fire
Noibat - Flying/Sound
Noivern - Flying/Sound

It will be...
Strong Against: Fighting, Psychic, Ground
Weak Against: Ice, Steel
Resistant to: Fighting, Psychic, Sound, Water
Resisted by: Ice, Sound, Flying

2. Give Ice Type a few Buffs

It's been the weakest type for too long and unlike most others, its battle properties haven't changed since Generation 2.

Strong Against: Dragon, Flying, Grass, Ground, (Sound)
Weak Against: Fighting, Fire, Rock, Steel
Resistant to: Ice, Ground, Dragon, (Sound)
Resisted by: Fire, Ice, Steel

Also, Hail should increase Ice type's Defense by 50%.

3. More Weak Pokémon Get Mega Evolutions

Most Pokémon that have received Mega Evolutions are already strong, or are easily replaced by another, stronger Pokémon (Medicham, Sharpedo, Camerupt ect...). This could be countered by giving the weaker Pokémon better Abilities, like Huge Power and Contrary.

4. Bring Back Kurt's Poké Balls

In XY you can see some of his Poké Balls in a container in the Poké Ball shop, yet you can't buy them.
There could be a way to re-produce Kurt's Balls or have a way to import them, for a high price.

5. Pokémon Colosseum/XD Remake

I really like these games and I really think they could do with being re-made. Maybe add a few Shadow Pokémon that weren't in the final releases, as well as all of the E-Reader stuff.

1. Character Customization
2. Make the game more difficult
3. Anime-Style Pokémon contests! [I've thought of a way to do this using the 3DS buttons]
4. Make the story engaging, but not deep like BW/BW2 [I personally don't like those stories, BW2 especially]
5. Bring pack Poffin Making
6. New Mega Evolutions

We may already have a thread or two for Generation 7, but anyways, I could improvise.

What I'd like out of Gen 7.

1. Improved Ice Type
Already established.

2. Improved Abilities
Already established.

3. New movepool additions.
Example; Delphox gaining Dazzling Gleam in ORAS. I would love for it to learn Focus Blast to better thrive in the competitive environment.

4. Hidden Capsule
We have an Ability Capsule, so why not a Hidden Capsule? The effect, in my opinion, would change a Pokémon's normal Ability to a Hidden Ability, as long as it has access to a Hidden Ability. (Example; I use this on a Ho-Oh with Pressure, it should now have Regenerator once it is used on Ho-Oh, and vice versa.)

5. Return of the Challenge Modes
This will no doubt make up for how easy X and Y were, unless the sequels, in a very rare event, do retain the modes, but it's very unlikely that they will, though.

1) Ice type buffs, possibly a couple more minor type chart changes (Fairy's resistance to Bug comes to mind)

2) Less focus on Mega Evolutions, instead let older gen weaker Pokemon get real evolutions (excluding 3 stage lines for obvious reasons)

3) Gym Leader rematches in the main game (probably something like once a week), possibly with some small reward (such as a Gem)

4) More use of Mega Evolutions by in game characters (I know that they're meant to be this rare, 'only the best trainers can use them' phenomenon, but it would be nicer to see more of them in regular battles just to shake things up)

5) Challenge + Easy modes which are a) available in both games (or are able to be shared between games in an easy way), and b) available at the start of a new game

6) More differences between versions (e.g. they have the Towns/Cities/Gyms in a different order, or there are two different evil teams, or there are aesthetic changes in the towns/cities between versions)

7) A Blue/Silver type rival who is actually a nasty, dislike-able person, rather than the friendly rival we've seen in pretty much every new game since G/S/C

1) Buff the Ice-type up.
- Ice-type is now; by in large the weakest type. Since Poison got a new lease on life with Fairy-types.
2) Readdition of Challenge/Easy Modes; like Black and White 2.
- Using 3DS communication to trade keys between the different games.
3) Regular evolutions (NOT Megas) of more Pokemon.
- I feel like some Pokemon just need a new evolution (like Farfetch'd or Dunsparce) without needing a Mega Evolution and pretty much killing any chance of them getting one.
4) An unlikable rival.
- I'm agreeing with His Goominess. Giving us a totally unlikable rival (like Blue or Silver) would make the game more enjoyable and give you the drive to beat them every time you face them.
5) Add a Dark-type Gym Leader.
- Only type we've never had get it's own Gym. Make it happen GameFreak.

(EDIT: Forgot to add my 5th addition; done so now.)

Sure, I'll bite. I realize that some of these are very unlikely to happen, but oh well, this is a "I wish" thread not a "What I actually think will happen" thread. :p

1) Difficulty Options: I understand that they want the games to be accessible to people of all ages/abilities, but giving multiple difficulty modes right at the beginning (instead of hidden behind a barrier after beating the game) would be an easy way to maintain the "kids game" status quo while also giving more experienced players a more enjoyable experience. They could either use the same differences as the "Challenge Mode" option from BW2, or even implement other things in harder modes, such as nerfing EXP Share, only allowing Set battle mode, etc. There could be a "Super Hard" option available as an unlock or something.

2) More Traditional Evolutions & Forms of Old Pokémon:
Non-Eevee Pokémon, that is. Getting new evolutions for Pokémon was one of my favourite things about some of the other generations. I'd love to see more regular evolutions given out to some Pokémon rather than Mega Evolution being the only new option available. For forms, I'd love to see a "North/South" Shellos, a Rain/Ice/Desert Cherrim, etc.

3) Sandbox-Style Region: Rather than forcing the player to follow a specific progression around the region, instead let a large number of routes be open from the start and use a dynamic leveling system to keep the player in check. For example, the first Gym Leader might always only use 2 Pokémon at 10/12 no matter which one you fight. The levels of wild Pokémon on routes could be based on your number of badges. Evil Team encounters might be trigger based on the arrival in a certain town with their Pokémon adjusted accordingly, or might progress based on badge number.

4) Removal or Update of the HM System: Either get rid of the need for HMs entirely, make HMs "free" move slots (without an in-battle use), or make some kind of alternate way to get past those particular roadblocks without needing to use an HM. The fact that HMs have become less integral over the years shows that they know it's an annoying and fiddly system, and while I applaud the changes they've made so far, they need to move further. Possible alternate options would be letting all Water-type Pokémon be able to Surf (same for Flying/Fly, Grass/Cut, etc.) automatically; this would dovetail really well with 3) since there would be no need to artificially block off certain areas under an HM block. There could also be items that could function the same as an HM that the player could collect, like a saw for Cut, or a surfboard for Surf. You could even make minigames or sidequests to earn these items.

5) A Plot That Makes Sense: Team Flare was ridiculous. The whole Ideals/Truths thing on BW was just awkward. I know there are only so many "evil team makes an evil plan that ties into 2 legendaries somehow and is stopped by a 10-year-old" plots you can think up, and I'm not expecting anything particularly amazing or awesome, just... you know, something that's not nonsensical. And speaking of plot...

6) Make the Gym Leaders/Elite 4/Champion More Intergral to the Plot Again: I feel like I hardly got to know any of them in XY. I can't even remember most of them.

7) Pokémon Snap Tie-In for the Wii U: Come on, you know the Wii U Gamepad would be practically perfect for a new Pokémon Snap game.

8) Battle Frontier or Similar Post-Game Battle Thing: I don't actually care about it but a lot of other people do I guess and I would be happy to simply not see people complaining about it not being included.

9) Fire Emblem/Pokémon Spin-Off, Side Game Thing:
gogogogogogogo~

Pokémon Conquest was a crossover with the Nobunaga's Ambition series, not Fire Emblem. While they're both turn-based strategy and therefore share some similarities, they're very different game series.

More difficult Gameplay
Character customization
Many, many, many new Megas
Buffs to many PU / NU pokemon
An official game where you can play as Team Rocket (Trio or not trio and maybe include Cassidy and Butch)
A really competitive villianous team (Team Galactic was the only real competitive villains back in Gen 4)
Loooobg story and past story
Many new battale facilities
The ability to dress up your pokemon and see them like that in battles
Contest, Pokemon Amie and Super Training should be staying.

I mostly want the ability to dress up pokemon and see them like that in battle including WIFI. It just seems soooooooo awesome. You give its pokemon its personality that you choose! Include Glasses, dresses, hats and bows.

Thought of another one:

More Trainers with 3+ Pokémon. Most TRainers in XY and ORAS have only 1 or 2 Pokémon, plus late Gym Leaders and Elite Four members only have Four! It should be increased to at least 5.

Agree with a lot that have already been mentioned but the two main ones I would like are difficulty options and a far better post game, and by that I don't mean a battle frontier or something but more story and exploration after the E4 has been beaten.

Thought of another one:

More Trainers with 3+ Pokémon. Most TRainers in XY and ORAS have only 1 or 2 Pokémon, plus late Gym Leaders and Elite Four members only have Four! It should be increased to at least 5.

The Kalos Elite 4 was probably the easiest in Pokemon history. Only have 4 Pokemon for each E4 member. It becomes even easier if you used the OP EXP. Share at all during your journey.

Oh! I'd also love to have 6vs6 singles on Battle Spot. It would be the best!

I can agree with that. It would make Battle Spot more interesting. Maybe have two Single Battle options for Battle Spot; 3v3 and 6v6. Half the match is deciding how to counter what your opponent may bring out though.

I am in no way expecting any of the following as realistic. It's a list of things I'd personally like just to sleep better xD

1. Additional type chart balancing
Steel lost 2 resistances (Dark and Ghost) in gen 6, but even that was only triggered by the addition of a completely new type (and unfortunately further keeps Dark and Ghost offense way too similar..). This change seemed so specific and odd, like they had existing combinations like Steel/Psychic in mind, rather than looking at the type chart itself objectively and generally trying to make it more fair.
-Fans largely agree by now for the first change being that Ice desperately needs resistances. Ground, Water, Flying are all great candidates. It's so terrible that it's ridiculous, just resisting itself. Ice Pokemon have had nothing to work with defensively, while their offense is usually just as easy employed by Water types etc, requiring some very specific combinations and abilities to give people reasons to use Ice pokemon.
-Other types that need defensive boosting are Grass, Psychic, Bug (I'd give them Fairy, Fairy, Ghost resistances for a start)
-to differentiate Dark and Ghost offense, I'd give Steel abck its Dark resistance, while making Dark SE on Normal, while making Ghost the third uncommon weakness of Fairy (next to Steel and Poison).
-Rock resist Rock. So it's not as frail and actually resists its own hazard
-perhaps give Steel another weak spot with an Electric weakness (it would still have less weaknesses than the "worst" types, while having the most resistances and an immunity)
-etc.
Another thing that happened in gen6 is the addition of specific immunities for certain types (Grass immune to powder-based moves, Electric to paralysis etc.), I'd add even more:
-Dark immune to sleep
-Psychic immune to confusion
-Fighting immune to mental effects
-Bug immune to sound-based moves
-Rock immune to flinching

2. Weather nitpicking.
-Make Hail a general hazard-weather (with no one being immune to it?)
-Add snowfall as the "Ice"-weather instead. Being harmless, gives more freedom for teambuilding around it (rather than requiring a mono-Ice team, which is the worst possible choice for a mono-type team to begin with), we can see that with sun and rain having more diversity. It works for Sandstorm as a hazardous weather because there is 3 types immune to it rather than one.
And let's face it, conceptually "Hail" makes no sense to be the weather when you're exploring snowy-areas.
-Add more weather effects, or improve existing ones. Fog for example, instead of being just an annoyance to everyone, should be centered around helping Ghost types. We need a regular strong wind weather, and some kind of starry night/meteor shower/eclipse-weathers for Fairies, Psychics etc.

3. "airborne"-mechanics
There is already a distinction of ground-targeted moves in the games. (for example, all moves that don't work in Sky battles), so the Flying-types (and Levitate) immunity to Ground is overkill.
-Make Flying resist Ground
-add an airborne condition (some pokemon are permanently airborne, others are not, indicated by an icon), which gives immunity to ground-targeted moves (which includes Surf for example, but not Bonemerang).
-perhaps add several kinds of "airborne"-conditions, which vary based on what the explanation is, and work differently:
--light-weight (starts "grounded", but turns to "airborne" for rest of turn and next turn, when hit by direct damage move)
This would include pokemon like Jumpluff, Whimsicott, Slurpluff..
--capable of flight (starts "airborne", but has to rest, become "grounded" for a turn after using a damaging move, including the rest of the turn it used one)
This would include basically anything with wings, including moths/butterflies. Flygon and co. can now get proper abilities.
--floating (starts airborne, grounded when hit by an ice move, airborne again when hit by a fire move)
This would include pokes like Drifblim, Weezing, Chimecho..
--electromagnetic levitation (generally airborne (affected by certain moves and effects), grounded for a turn when targeted with an electric-move)
This would include Magnezone, Klinklang, Probopass...
--psychic levitation (generally airborne, grounded for a turn when hit with Psy-weak-moves)
either make this dependant on having the Levitate ability, or get rid of Levitate (or change it's effect to something different) and give this condition to Psychics that get Levitate currently.

Of course this also solves the issue about all "sky-battle"-applicable pokemon being in their "flying" position in battles. They'd switch between their grounded and airborne stances according to their current condition.

Still not sure how to solve the issue of fully aquatic pokemon though.. always adding a pond beneath them?

4. expand classifications of moves.
-We have things like sound-based, punch-based, jaw-based, powder-based, ballistic, pulse-based moves, etc.
sound-based moves ignore substitutes for example, let's add more twsists and abilities relating to these categories.
-Give Pokemon a milder boost akin to STAB for a specific category of moves (Seismitoad/Noivern/Exploud/etc get 1.3x for sound-moves for example)
-Add "wind-based" class. (Leaf Tornado/Leaf Storm/Twister/Fire Spin/Heat Wave/Whirlpool/Ominous Wind/Silver Wind/Icy Wind/Blizzard/Fairy Wind/Gust/Hurricane/Razor Wind/etc.)(Shiftry/Pidgeot/Gyarados/Lugia/Vanilluxe/Arcanine/etc.)

5. 1 "outside"-skill for each Pokemon
essentially replacing HMs. When you have enough badges, certain Pokemon can fly you to places, certain oens can travel on water, push boulders etc.
It adds an interesting twist to ingame team building. Instead of wasting 1-2 slots on "HM-slaves", you now instead want to have a dievrse team that includes an aquatic creature, a physically strong one, one capable of flight, etc.

Last edited:
At the top I see the sound being strong to ice. It can cause an avalanche.

Here's five more things I'd like out of Generation 7.

6. More Pokémon based off real-life animals or mythological beings that haven't been made into Pokémon so far.
We all want a dolphin Pokémon by now. This would also be a good time to Pokemon based off a magical unicorn, a minotaur, a gnome, a dolphin, a stingray, a legitimate kangaroo, a tiger, and an actual robot, android, or cyborg.

7. The return of new Evolutions for older Pokémon, or alternatively, another alternative evolution for existing evolutionary stages.
If the Eviolite bars any new evolutionary additions to mons like Dunsparce or Farfetch'd. the best they can do is give them Mega Evolutions and a solid Ability. Alternative evolutions are not entirely out of the question, as demonstrated with Sylveon. A good example would be giving Haunter another evolution that is immune to Psychic, and can still participate in Sky Battles. (Ghost/Dark should be the combo. The stats may have to be swapped, though.)

8. Any Gym Leader, member of the Elite Four, and/or the Champion being a larger part of the story.
Lance, and Steven have set some good examples on how such important people can still be a part of the main story. This might be the case with Malva in Pokémon Z, assuming Generation 6 is still going strong for two more years.

9. Dark Type Gym Leader
There's still a way they can be introduced without having to be part of a criminal gang. They could be the 8th Gym Leader that's simultaneously unlikable and as difficult as possible, just enough to motivate players into having a great team by that point. They could have a Prankster user, and a really annoying Baton Passer to pass boosts on to one of their most offensive mons. (Passing defensive boosts to a frail Dark Type like Weavile or Houndoom being that example.)

10. Unlikable rivals

Although it's not harmful to have a friend that cares for your player, we still miss the golden days when we had Gary/Blue or Silver. They're not that unlikable, but they were just annoying enough to be rival worthy. It's no harm to bring that kind of personality back these days.

One of the best features ever was the ability to walk with your pokemon back in HG/SS. imagine in 3D!

Back