Aurorus-EX, Marowak, Energy Reset Gym Challenge Promos!

well R.I.P giratina, toad, executor and anything else that uses disruption. so for the energy reset does that include special energy's?

Are we sure it's a Toad counter though? Toad doesn't really affect "the hand" but more specifically "items". I think Marowak would be a tech against cards like XY Malamar which chooses cards from your hand to be discarded.

Are we sure it's a Toad counter though? Toad doesn't really affect "the hand" but more specifically "items". I think Marowak would be a tech against cards like XY Malamar which chooses cards from your hand to be discarded.

"Your opponent can't play any Item cards from his or her hand during his or her next turn"

Seismitoad's attack affects the hand. So Marowak would block this effect. Along with Giratina and Exeggutor's attacks.

well R.I.P giratina, toad, executor and anything else that uses disruption. so for the energy reset does that include special energy's?

The text states energy cards, so unless otherwise stated in a translation, Special Energy cards would be retrievable.

These are so pretty~
As for Marowak
Well then, looks like it stops item lock and toad.

You all know what that means right?
Time to lock it away in the room of other promos we won't get.

I like how Marowak has a half decent attack, actually. Sixty + band + strong + stadium is 120 up front, which isn't half bad. Hope we get it. >_>

Marowak's Ability is literally to stop Seismitoad. There has never been any kind of effect in the card game written like that. They are specifically and awkwardly targeting Toad's attack. There is no denying it.

This also goes with the whole "let's make something super powerful, then tear it down several sets later when people have invested into it. Then we'll make the new Big Bad and introduce its counter several sets later too!" Cha-ching.

Waiting for the Ability called "Forest of Burning Plants." For every [G] attached to your opponent's [G] Pokemon or for every previous Evolution under it, they take 20 damage between turns. :p

I will be absolutely thrilled if (when) we get that new Marowak card. Having it as a blister pack promo would be perfect! It's instantly a 1-1 line tech into my two main decks (Bees and Ho-Oh) once it drops.

"Your opponent can't play any Item cards from his or her hand during his or her next turn"

Seismitoad's attack affects the hand. So Marowak would block this effect. Along with Giratina and Exeggutor's attacks.
Marowak's Ability should read "[…] you AND your hand aren't affected […]," which means that the player oneself is also under its guard.

So I think this Ability would block Toad's attack's effect mainly because the effect begins with "Your opponent can't" (not only because it affects the hand). It would then be natural that this Ability should also block such effects as preventing the player from drawing a card at the beginning of the turn, as well as choosing cards from the hand to be discarded (ForeignDude's suggestion).

Hate to break it to you but Marowak's Ability doesn't stop your opponent's Pokemon abilities done to your hand
My point Mr. Steven is Vileplume's Irritating Pollen is affect you that you can't play items. So the anti for it is Trevenant.Sorry for that.
Perfect partner for that is Marowak and Vileplume.

Back